Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

Merry Christmas too all of my friends on this thread. Thank you for your wonderful support over the past year. You have all helped make the journey more enjoyable and I am so proud of the success we have all achieved so far. I wish you good health and happiness in 2014 and hopefully will meet a few more of you in the new year too.

Hi everyone

I don't post much as you regulars give such great advice & support to everyone, you are an amazing bunch of people.

You have all done so well, I never thought I would make it but I almost have, started at 113.5 & now 10 months later am 77.6 less that my surgeons goal & only 4 to mine.

It's the best thing I have ever done for my self.

All the very best to everyone.

And Lisa I have to signal you out you look really lovely & I am sure the cute guys will be lining up. You give such warm & sincere advice we all,appreciate it.

All.the best Karen

Good to hear from you Karen! You have done so well!

Thanks Misty so have you. I wish I could get into the exercise like you but what can I say I just don't like it !!! Try to walk a bit & am always on the go. Forgot to say that I am 175 cm tall so goal is about 75iish so see how I look then.

Karen

Hi everyone. So I am a newbie. It's day 13 since my sleeve. I have nearly got through the liquid phase and am very excited at the prospect of some puréed veggies and turkey tonight. I have a big European family and we always Celebrate Christmas Eve with LOTS of food. In fact the whole world evolves around food with our family. I'm sure other people can relate to that! Anyway congratulations on all the amazing success stories out there - they are SO inspiring. I hope to be one of them myself in the near future. In the meantime, if anyone has any tips for a few weeks in I'd be most grateful. Enjoy Christmas (in moderation ;-) everyone!

Hi Kbee - it might be a bit difficult this year at Christmas but believe me, keep your eye on the prize and this time next year it will be completely different. I am 18 months out and can eat anything I want - not huge quantities but not so small that you don't get to enjoy all the food you love. At this stage your taste is probably different and of course you won't be able to get stuck into the huge dinner but you won't feel like it either - just know it is a stage and not for the rest of your life. My biggest challenge at this time of year is convincing people I have had enough! They are always offering you more food and trying to convince you that you can fit one more bite in (like the old days). I have to explain to them that I physically can not fit another bite and if I try they might regret it! That kind of stops them when they truly understand the implication of me eating too much!

Merry Christmas everyone, congratulations to all of you and good luck, good health and prosperity to you all for 2014. Thank you all for the stories and support. Well my Christmas goal was to be at 95kgs, I have fallen a bit short but very happy I hit 100kgs yesterday which marked 8 weeks and 21 kgs down (35 to go) I am loving my new job and met a man over the last few weeks (first nice guy in many years, well first guy in many years). I had been plagued with back problems for some years and 8 weeks ago I walked with a stoop and a stick and was lucky to walk 10 meters without having to sit down as I lost feeling in my legs and feet and the pain was excruciating. I still have nerve issues and a dodgy hip but yesterday I walked 2 city blocks to meet old friends for lunch and back 2 city blocks to work without having to sit down. I was more stoked about the ability to walk than the lunch ( in the past would have shouted myself a big meal regardless the cost because it was an outing and caught a cab cause I couldn't walk that far in a lunch break, yesterday i had 1/4 of an entree at $6.50 and walked back to work). Photo below top and bottom left me a month before I started, top and bottom middle 4 weeks out, pic far right a week ago at the work Christmas morning tea. Hope you all have a great Christmas Day where ever you are.

post-195004-0-96089300-1387839004_thumb.jpg

Merry Christmas everyone, congratulations to all of you and good luck, good health and prosperity to you all for 2014. Thank you all for the stories and support. Well my Christmas goal was to be at 95kgs, I have fallen a bit short but very happy I hit 100kgs yesterday which marked 8 weeks and 21 kgs down (35 to go) I am loving my new job and met a man over the last few weeks (first nice guy in many years, well first guy in many years). I had been plagued with back problems for some years and 8 weeks ago I walked with a stoop and a stick and was lucky to walk 10 meters without having to sit down as I lost feeling in my legs and feet and the pain was excruciating. I still have nerve issues and a dodgy hip but yesterday I walked 2 city blocks to meet old friends for lunch and back 2 city blocks to work without having to sit down. I was more stoked about the ability to walk than the lunch ( in the past would have shouted myself a big meal regardless the cost because it was an outing and caught a cab cause I couldn't walk that far in a lunch break, yesterday i had 1/4 of an entree at $6.50 and walked back to work). Photo below top and bottom left me a month before I started, top and bottom middle 4 weeks out, pic far right a week ago at the work Christmas morning tea. Hope you all have a great Christmas Day where ever you are.

Your story is so wonderful. We are all improving our lives so much! Not to mention the money saved on cab fare, food, and everything else!

I started to get a sore throat Saturday and I tipped it over the edge into a full-blown head cold with lots of sinus pain. :( I feel like I have a hangover but haven't had a thing to drink. I think all the shopping and running around yesterday was the last straw. My husband is sick too but not as bad as me. So we have cancelled our plans for the evening and are going to lie low. Taking panadol cold and sinus and I hope it kicks in soon.

I started to get a sore throat Saturday and I tipped it over the edge into a full-blown head cold with lots of sinus pain. :( I feel like I have a hangover but haven't had a thing to drink. I think all the shopping and running around yesterday was the last straw. My husband is sick too but not as bad as me. So we have cancelled our plans for the evening and are going to lie low. Taking panadol cold and sinus and I hope it kicks in soon.

Rest up, hope your feeling better soon Misty :)

Hi everyone! So inspiring to see and read how well you are all doing..and how gorgeous you look!

I have discovered already that if you slowly sip margaritas, nibble cheese, biscuits and the occasional roses chocolates, while being distracted by having a great time with friends, you can double your calory intake. And I mean double from 750 cals to 1500 cals in one day. Eeek! The sleeve restriction just doesn't kick in if I graze. So I am being very careful today to eat small dedicated meals and not have any fluids (alcohol!) half hour before or after meals. Good learning curve for me at this early stage. It is sad to realise that I used to easily consume more than 3000 cals at this time of year before the sleeve.

Wishing all of you wonderful people a very merry Christmas. Thank you for all your support and advice which I take heart from. Here is to a new year full of happiness and good health.

I find that if I concentrate on drinking my Water and I don't eat and drink together, it helps curb grazing.

Hi everyone I don't post much as you regulars give such great advice & support to everyone, you are an amazing bunch of people. You have all done so well, I never thought I would make it but I almost have, started at 113.5 & now 10 months later am 77.6 less that my surgeons goal & only 4 to mine. It's the best thing I have ever done for my self. All the very best to everyone. And Lisa I have to signal you out you look really lovely & I am sure the cute guys will be lining up. You give such warm & sincere advice we all,appreciate it. All.the best Karen

Great to hear from you Karen and thanks for checking in and giving us an update on your wonderful progress. All the best for the festive season and good luck on losing your last 4 kilos. I am trying to do likewise and these last few are the hardest!

Hi everyone. So I am a newbie. It's day 13 since my sleeve. I have nearly got through the liquid phase and am very excited at the prospect of some puréed veggies and turkey tonight. I have a big European family and we always Celebrate Christmas Eve with LOTS of food. In fact the whole world evolves around food with our family. I'm sure other people can relate to that! Anyway congratulations on all the amazing success stories out there - they are SO inspiring. I hope to be one of them myself in the near future. In the meantime, if anyone has any tips for a few weeks in I'd be most grateful. Enjoy Christmas (in moderation ;-) everyone!

Hi Kbee, I married into an Italian gamily 20 years ago and can totally relate to your dilemma. Everything in moderation now and make sure you choose to eat only the things you like the most as you will only fit small amounts in anyway. Also try and enjoy all other aspects of the festive season as well as the eating. Good luck

Isn't it great o Celebrate the little things we are now able to do. I was chuffed the first time i was able to cross my legs on many years and still get a little buzz every time. So glad your mobility has improved and it will only get better and better as you lose even more weight. Imagine how great you will loom and feel by next Christmas! Love your photo collage and can certainly see a big difference already. Well done and best wishes for the season festivities.