Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

Thanks lovelies! I grabbed some tomatoes and cucumber onion and made a beautiful (fetta less) Greek salad' date=' with a side order of Water. Sometimes I just need to know I can do this and I will make to a healthy life!! Cheers[/quote']

Tomatoes, onion, garlic, mushroom and capsicum in the fry pan is also yummy and nice and warm in winter while you are on Opti

Hi everyone

I am 5 months out today & things have slowed down been the same weight 87.5 for the last month so I am hoping this isn't it as I have 7 to get to my surgeons goal & 10 to get to mine. My eating is pretty good but still have trouble getting all the Protein & Water in but love eating milk arrow root biscuits they seem to settle my tummy when I feel a bit. Nauseous or hungry.

My measurements haven't. Changed fro a month either......so it all a bit of a worry.

Over the last few weeks I have developed a skin rash around my midriff' date=' back, neck & arms . Have tried everything & nothing has worked. Dr thinks it may be internal & waiting on blood & culture results. I was thinking maybe as I haven't been eating much it may be a lack of something. Has anyone else heard of such a thing ?

Have to fly perth to melb sat so that will be fun trying to sit still!!!!

Keep up the great advice & positive s.tories you are all such a help? Thank you[/quote']

Hi Kazza, i am in a similar boat as you re weight. Nearly 11 months put I have been stuck on 76kg for past month, 6kg from docs goal and 8 from mine. I am back to see my dietician next week and am sure this will help break the stall. Are you seeing one regularly?

Hi everyone

I am 5 months out today & things have slowed down been the same weight 87.5 for the last month so I am hoping this isn't it as I have 7 to get to my surgeons goal & 10 to get to mine. My eating is pretty good but still have trouble getting all the Protein & Water in but love eating milk arrow root biscuits they seem to settle my tummy when I feel a bit. Nauseous or hungry.

My measurements haven't. Changed fro a month either......so it all a bit of a worry.

Over the last few weeks I have developed a skin rash around my midriff' date=' back, neck & arms . Have tried everything & nothing has worked. Dr thinks it may be internal & waiting on blood & culture results. I was thinking maybe as I haven't been eating much it may be a lack of something. Has anyone else heard of such a thing ?

Have to fly perth to melb sat so that will be fun trying to sit still!!!!

Keep up the great advice & positive s.tories you are all such a help? Thank you[/quote']

Sounds like a Vitamin deficiency. I'm sure your doctor will sort it out but I believe that's a symptom of low B12.

Try not to worry about the stall. Be vigilant and work with your nutritionist to come up with a plan. Hey it's only 10 kg! Isn't it NORMAL to have 10 kg to lose? What an accomplishment!

Sue, I love your new avatar!

Hi Brisbane Sleevers, a few of us from the GSA Facebook page are getting together at The coffee Club Village Square, 18 Commercial Drive, Browns Plains from 1pm today. Let me know if you can join us, so I can include you in the reservations - send me a text to 0488136443. Hope you can make it xx

Hi Brisbane Sleevers' date=' a few of us from the GSA Facebook page are getting together at The coffee Club Village Square, 18 Commercial Drive, Browns Plains from 1pm today. Let me know if you can join us, so I can include you in the reservations - send me a text to 0488136443. Hope you can make it xx[/quote']

Would love to go but on my stinky opti fast so think it best I stay well clear of yummy food outlets, we don't want a major police incident to occur - crazed starving women eats off everyone's plates - I can see the headlines now! Lol

Would live to catch up after my surgery though xox

Misty, have a great trip to India. I know it's work, but will still be fascinating and good luck with the eating side of things during your travels. Cheers Kelli

Would love to go but on my stinky opti fast so think it best I stay well clear of yummy food outlets' date=' we don't want a major police incident to occur - crazed starving women eats off everyone's plates - I can see the headlines now! Lol

Would live to catch up after my surgery though xox[/quote']

I laughed my head off when I read this - probably because I could totally relate!

Hi guys I've just been reading they catching up on everyone's news, as usual you have all been a great source of information, inspiration and a whole lot of giggles!

I had all my routine bloods done and have found I'm lacking in Vitamin D and B12 so need to take supplements and get a jab. Does anyone know much about B12 as I'm curious to know if I will have to continue with injections if I don't have enough now how is it I will maintain good levels after surgery?????

Hi guys I've just been reading they catching up on everyone's news' date=' as usual you have all been a great source of information, inspiration and a whole lot of giggles!

I had all my routine bloods done and have found I'm lacking in Vitamin D and B12 so need to take supplements and get a jab. Does anyone know much about B12 as I'm curious to know if I will have to continue with injections if I don't have enough now how is it I will maintain good levels after surgery?????[/quote']

I am low on Vitamin D and have to take tablets ongoing, but no worse with sleeve. Sorry, not sure about B12.

Hi guys I've just been reading they catching up on everyone's news' date=' as usual you have all been a great source of information, inspiration and a whole lot of giggles!

I had all my routine bloods done and have found I'm lacking in Vitamin D and B12 so need to take supplements and get a jab. Does anyone know much about B12 as I'm curious to know if I will have to continue with injections if I don't have enough now how is it I will maintain good levels after surgery?????[/quote']

I have heard that some people lose the ability to absorb b12 so have to have injections for life - have you noticed any pins and needles or tingling in your fingers/hands?

Thanks Sue, Kelli & Misty for the advice & support, blood tests came back all good so dr thinks its some type of allergy & may be nuts didn't have this before surgery but its the only change I have made in the last month - trying to eat a few nuts to snack on so will,give them a miss & see if it gets better.

Haven't seen my dietician for a few weeks have an appoint in early sept.

Congrats Kazza! Even tho you are stalling you are still doing fantastic. I concur with Sue. You can always try and mix it up, have a couple of days blow out...relax a little and don't sweat the numbers for a bit.

If it doesn't work, speak to the dietician or get your bloods checked, there maybe something causing it.

But don't loose faith...it can be done. Do you feel good?

Tashk, I am one of the ones who has had B12 issues. I was low on B12, tried the tablets but they didn't really take. I have had 2 shots (tho I am lazy about it, the doctor wanted more) and it has been better to get it up in the lower end of the range, it has stabilized there for now. Tho yes you do hear of people having the shots for life

Misty have a great trip to india...I am very jealous :)

Shelley, woah those are some awesome photos.

Sue, love the new pic as well :)

Happy weekend everyone.

Hi guys I've just been reading they catching up on everyone's news, as usual you have all been a great source of information, inspiration and a whole lot of giggles!

I had all my routine bloods done and have found I'm lacking in Vitamin D and B12 so need to take supplements and get a jab. Does anyone know much about B12 as I'm curious to know if I will have to continue with injections if I don't have enough now how is it I will maintain good levels after surgery?????

Hi there

I have struggled with B12 since I was banded in 2008. When I was pregnant about 6 months later my levels were almost non-existent and I was on weekly shots for about a month and then monthly for 6 months and then 3 monthly thereafter. I think as someone mentioned above - for some of us the inability to absorb B12 is triggered off. The thing is that you don't want to ignore or half heartedly treat your levels as it can lead to permanent tingling in your hands and feet (peripheral neuropathy by memory it is called) and potentially can be caused by pernicious anaemia - which is something else you want to check out. But most frighteningly it has strong links to memory loss and dementia. All very scary. Anyway I hope that helps a bit :-)

Thank you I will definitely be asking more questions when I see my GP next