Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

Sorry' date=' don't know where the text disappeared toodde26 anyway, had to do some pics for my business this week and can't believe how I actually enjoy having photos done as would previously have run and hide[/quote']

Shelley, you both look so happy and you look amazing and very fit. You have changed so much physically since I last saw you in January.

Sorry' date=' don't know where the text disappeared toodde26 anyway, had to do some pics for my business this week and can't believe how I actually enjoy having photos done as would previously have run and hide[/quote']

All I can say is...stunning!

I am so thankful for this thread. The rest of this site is full of ridiculous drama!

I'm sitting at the salon having my hair colored. I'm off work today and tomorrow to prepare for my trip. Laundry and weeding the flower beds today, cleaning tomorrow. At least I will get my steps in! What are you people up to today?

By the way do any of you go to any in-person support groups?

Feeling ridiculously hungry!! On my last week of opti fast so just willing the days to pass! Hope you have a fantastic time on your trip :-)

Try and keep the Water up and this will take the edge off the hunger. Usually hunger reduces by the second week.

Thanks kelliv it makes me worry about how I am going to cope after my op. I could give up chocolate, cakes coffee but man I really feel like a piece of cheese :-( .anyway I am going to stay strong and follow your advice more water!!!

Thanks kelliv it makes me worry about how I am going to cope after my op. I could give up chocolate' date=' cakes coffee but man I really feel like a piece of cheese :-( .anyway I am going to stay strong and follow your advice more water!!![/quote']

It's not the same after surgery. Your stomach is only 15% the size. For now, be super strict on the pre-op diet and it will help you feel less hungry after a couple of days. Keep your Water up!

Kelli I just finished 500 ml of Water in a sitting. You would be so proud!

Thanks kelliv it makes me worry about how I am going to cope after my op. I could give up chocolate' date=' cakes coffee but man I really feel like a piece of cheese :-( .anyway I am going to stay strong and follow your advice more water!!![/quote']

You will still be able to eat cheese afterwards but yes it's a good idea to give up the other stuff. You'll be fine, stay strong!

You don't have to give up anything long term. Check with your surgical team about coffee. Mine allows it and even my new dietitian didn't have a problem with it in moderation. And I have already had a small amount of a brownie. Really there is no need for last-supper thinking.

I'm working on another 500 ml of water!

Thanks lovelies! I grabbed some tomatoes and cucumber onion and made a beautiful (fetta less) Greek salad, with a side order of Water. Sometimes I just need to know I can do this and I will make to a healthy life!! Cheers

All I can say is va-va-voom! You look awesome! Well done!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Feeling ridiculously hungry!! On my last week of opti fast so just willing the days to pass! Hope you have a fantastic time on your trip :-)

Just hang in there and keep your mind on the prize - to me , this was the most difficult stage but you will get there!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I am so relieved. I think the probiotic is really helping me!

I'm off again tomorrow and will spend it finishing laundry and doing household chores. Meeting my best friend in the afternoon for shopping and dinner.

She has mild (normal?) body image issues and would like to lose 5-10 kg but she is a healthy BMI and I have a hard time relating. She doesn't diet but always talks about how she should "do something." She has already said she is nervous about eating with me because she will feel like a pig. I really hope things don't get awkward between us. I'm scared she will get competitive and insecure when we weigh the same (she is much taller) or wear the same size. She has never known me lighter than I am now. In fact I am now lower than my lowest Optifast weight by a few grams, so I'm at my lightest since about 2005. That's well before we met.

Hi everyone

I am 5 months out today & things have slowed down been the same weight 87.5 for the last month so I am hoping this isn't it as I have 7 to get to my surgeons goal & 10 to get to mine. My eating is pretty good but still have trouble getting all the Protein & Water in but love eating milk arrow root biscuits they seem to settle my tummy when I feel a bit. Nauseous or hungry.

My measurements haven't. Changed fro a month either......so it all a bit of a worry.

Over the last few weeks I have developed a skin rash around my midriff, back, neck & arms . Have tried everything & nothing has worked. Dr thinks it may be internal & waiting on blood & culture results. I was thinking maybe as I haven't been eating much it may be a lack of something. Has anyone else heard of such a thing ?

Have to fly perth to melb sat so that will be fun trying to sit still!!!!

Keep up the great advice & positive s.tories you are all such a help? Thank you

Hi everyone

I am 5 months out today & things have slowed down been the same weight 87.5 for the last month so I am hoping this isn't it as I have 7 to get to my surgeons goal & 10 to get to mine. My eating is pretty good but still have trouble getting all the Protein & Water in but love eating milk arrow root biscuits they seem to settle my tummy when I feel a bit. Nauseous or hungry.

My measurements haven't. Changed fro a month either......so it all a bit of a worry.

Over the last few weeks I have developed a skin rash around my midriff' date=' back, neck & arms . Have tried everything & nothing has worked. Dr thinks it may be internal & waiting on blood & culture results. I was thinking maybe as I haven't been eating much it may be a lack of something. Has anyone else heard of such a thing ?

Have to fly perth to melb sat so that will be fun trying to sit still!!!!

Keep up the great advice & positive s.tories you are all such a help? Thank you[/quote']

Don't worry Kazza about the stall - I think you will get back on track once the doctor has your bloods and can see what is going on. I felt dizzy and weak at about 6 months and put it down to still recovering from the op - it turned out that my bloods showed that I was low in Iron. I am pretty sure that once you get the rash sorted your body will get back to normal. Just one thing that I have noticed about some stalls is that you may not actually be eating enough or often enough so that is something to keep in mind - nausea can be an indicator of leaving too longer gap between eating - I am not a doctor so maybe these are some questions you could ask your doctor or dietician.

Let us know how you go and all the best.