Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

Well I just saw the Dietican and psyc Dr and they have booked me in for surgery on the 3/9.

I thought of yeah thats the day after my birthday then realized it is less the 2 weeks away.

ewwwww

Julie

Well I just saw the Dietican and psyc Dr and they have booked me in for surgery on the 3/9.

I thought of yeah thats the day after my birthday then realized it is less the 2 weeks away.

ewwwww

Julie

WOOT! We will be sleeve buddies :) looking forward to meeting you on the ward lol!

Thank you to everyone for your ideas on how to become 'unstuck'. Thank goodness everything I tried yesterday had the desired effect this morning. I think the Coloxyl did the trick.

Had a session with dietician this morning and I can move onto purees over the next few days. YIPPEE!!!!! Just had my first 1/2 cup pureed sandwich tune with cottage cheese and it is sitting right in my stomach like cement. This may take some getting used to. I will continue to Water down a little until I get used to it. Have to have 6 X 1/2 cups per day no less than and hour apart. No more Optifast!!!!!!! Any good puree ideas? I tried eating a gourmet babyfood out of the tube today and it was foul. Home made will be better I am sure and will try chicken and vege tonight.

Sent from my iPad using VST

I sent my account to Medicare and Defence Health today. Out of $5,900, i understand I will get back arund $1,000 in total. Better than nothing and no regrets regardless.

ewwwww

Julie

Congratulations!! Whoo hoo.... The countdown has egun. Will you start pre op immediately?

Getting very very frustrated at my 6 year old daughter. I Am a single mum and have been cooking her fantastic meals since I had my surgery (and before, for the last 6 years) and it is so hard to watch her be so damn fussy and not take a single bite of food when I'm stuck on crappy shakes day in and day out. It is so hard to serve up a beautiful piece of fish, with potatoes and veggies (that she liked last week, I might add) and have her refuse to eat it. The whole darn house smells of salmon and my tummy is GROWLING, and she won't take a bite. Usually i would eat her leftovers, but now I can't and it's such a waste. Plus I think I'm crankier because I'm hungry.

Just needed to vent. I hate dinner times.

What a horrible scary day, just for back from the surgeons office, I am 25 days post op and suffering severe pain in my upper stomach area, after having a scan done there is no leak but bad swelling in the area he took out the hernia in my diaphragm, so it's another week of liquids for me :( and antibiotics, that's going to be over a month of liquids. At least now I can relax knowing its not a leak.

What a horrible scary day' date=' just for back from the surgeons office, I am 25 days post op and suffering severe pain in my upper stomach area, after having a scan done there is no leak but bad swelling in the area he took out the hernia in my diaphragm, so it's another week of liquids for me :( and antibiotics, that's going to be over a month of liquids. At least now I can relax knowing its not a leak.[/quote']

Lilly to hear of your setback Lilly, but at least you know it's not the sleeve. Hang in there.

Lilly to hear of your setback Lilly' date=' but at least you know it's not the sleeve. Hang in there.

Sent from my iPad using VST[/quote']

Thanks Kelli it's just hampering my weight loss but my NUT said today first I need to focus on recovering (the pain is debilitating and takes away my breath) then worry about weight loss. So I have changed my focus and still happy with 13 kilos thus far

I am having a miserable time of things tonight. I had to do a pizza run for my family (who volunteered to paint the church hall after work this week) which turned into ordering and collecting 7 pizza's for all the other workers. The ordering and smell were TORTURE. I know that they don't do it deliberately but man, it was a killer. I was then supposed to take the leftovers home and I am like what the heck? I don't want it in my goddamn house! So I've left it in the car (which will now stink of pizza) and said I'll go out and drop it off when they get home.

So frustrating. My stomach hurts from being hungry. Sorry to be so whiney (I know that I am responsible for my weight) but OMG anyone who said this is an "easy" option has no freaking clue.

And I am just two days into the pre-op diet. Starting to have serious second -thoughts...

ewwwww

Julie

That is great news Julie. I really wanted to do my op on my birthday 9/7 but couldn't get done until 20/7. So I have something to push for as I'm 40 next year and hope most of me is long gone by then :). Count down is on now and before you know it will be your time

Getting very very frustrated at my 6 year old daughter. I Am a single mum and have been cooking her fantastic meals since I had my surgery (and before' date=' for the last 6 years) and it is so hard to watch her be so damn fussy and not take a single bite of food when I'm stuck on crappy shakes day in and day out. It is so hard to serve up a beautiful piece of fish, with potatoes and veggies (that she liked last week, I might add) and have her refuse to eat it. The whole darn house smells of salmon and my tummy is GROWLING, and she won't take a bite. Usually i would eat her leftovers, but now I can't and it's such a waste. Plus I think I'm crankier because I'm hungry.

Just needed to vent. I hate dinner times.[/quote']

I feel your pain, my 2.5 year old is exactly the same. My husband is whingeing too as he feels he has to eat Hayden's left overs, plus I am still cooking for 3. I need to decrease the size of meals I cook because I am wasting so much.

And now I'm sitting on the lounge with 1/2 cup of bland as chicken broth and she goes and gets a spoon and starts "helping" me. The words swimming around my head, I would never say to her, but "p!$$off!!!"