Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

post-32312-13813663272453_thumb.jpg

OMG!!! A massive "no wonder I was fat" moment. I could easily polish if 2 of these in a sitting, plus Breakfast, lunch and dinner. I now eat way less than 1/2 the calories in that PER DAY let alone as a snack!!!

Sarah, I've been at goal for a while and am now pretty darn fit, and I still don't do classes. Classes, especially ones with weights, are really hard and you risk injury if you don't work your way up to them. I agree that the trainer was rude and could have been a lot more tactful, but perhaps starting with something low impact like aqua aerobics or yoga, or even Zumba would be safer and more motivating.

Good luck.

Hey Sarah,

He sounds like a loser. I wouldn't let him get to you.

Maybe the message was right re trying something easier first, but obviously the delivery could have been infinitely better.

You said "I'm peeved he set me back like this". Nobody can set you back unless you let them. You shouldn't give anyone else any power to set you back, especially a stranger.

Good luck. I'm sure you'll get back on track.

Deano

post-224843-13813137838562_thumb.jpg

OMG!!! A massive "no wonder I was fat" moment. I could easily polish if 2 of these in a sitting, plus Breakfast, lunch and dinner. I now eat way less than 1/2 the calories in that PER DAY let alone as a snack!!!

Yum. I look at stuff like that now and think it looks delicious, but I know if I took a bite it'd be too sweet and rich.

Hi guy's :) So two pieces of great news - have now lost 61kg and I GOT THE PROMOTION :)

So excited and happy!

Love my sleeve!

Sarah that dude sounded like a ****** and I wouldn't worry about him. Perhaps his concern was you'd have an injury but he could have dealt with it in a much better manner. I am so pleased you called the manager! Don't let them get away with it!

Hi guy's :) So two pieces of great news - have now lost 61kg and I GOT THE PROMOTION :)

So excited and happy!

Love my sleeve!

That's awesome. Congratulations!

Nice work KelBel! You must be stoked with that loss! I feel tired too, but each day I do feel a little bit stronger. Are you getting in your liquids ok?

Fantastic!!!

So excited and happy!

Love my sleeve!

Congratulations Liss - what an achievement!!! (2 actually) You go girl!!!

So excited and happy!

Love my sleeve!

Congratulations...well deserved for both achievements.

Best Wishes

One_elle26 :) :)

You guys & girls all sound so happy & successful, reading the posts gives me hope.

I am 15 days post op & cam now start on the Mushie ffood stage but everything I try comes straight back up, can only keep down milky milo jelly & a tiny bit of yoghurt. I am very worried as I know I am not eating enough.

You guys & girls all sound so happy & successful' date=' reading the posts gives me hope.

I am 15 days post op & cam now start on the Mushie ffood stage but everything I try comes straight back up, can only keep down milky milo jelly & a tiny bit of yoghurt. I am very worried as I know I am not eating enough.[/quote']

The most important thing at the moment is hydration. As someone that has been hospitalized several times for dehydration, I can tell you that Fluid is the most important thing you need to focus on right now. At 15 days, I was allowed to incorporate "lump free" purée. So pretty much what you would give to a baby between 4 to 6 months. If you're able to keep down thick liquids with some nutritional benefits, great. Even better would be Protein shakes if you could stomach them. Just don't force your sleeve to cope with too much too fast. Stick to what works and slowly try new things. If they don't work, just go back to what does. Speak with your NUT and get some advice on what should stay down. Putting so much pressure on your sleeve by vomiting is a) not fun B) really painful and c) potentially dangerous.

Good luck, let us know how you go with the NUT.

Thanks Puppyhat, I think the best thing is to stay on the liquid stage a little longer I was so excited when my 2 weeks were up as was wanting to try some food but maybe I just need a little longer to heal & try just a very small amount when I try again.

Thanks for the advice & support.

So excited and happy!

Love my sleeve!

So happy for you Lila, your new found confidence and the new outfit did the trick. 61 kgs is awesome, you so deserve every bit of happiness and success that comes your way.

Lila, congrats on both fantastic achievements !!! You deserve it all and gosh you are dropping those kilo's...

I believe the confidence we gain with the weight loss truly reflects in our work environment because my personal experience is since my op, I have been moving my way up

Thanks Puppyhat' date=' I think the best thing is to stay on the liquid stage a little longer I was so excited when my 2 weeks were up as was wanting to try some food but maybe I just need a little longer to heal & try just a very small amount when I try again.

Thanks for the advice & support.[/quote']

Hi kazza, hydration is important, but as Puppyfat said try to add in some pureed food. It is tempting to stay on liquids, but when that happened to me my NUT advised that although tempting you need to move to the next stage. Every day will get easier and just just try small amounts slowly to avoid the trowing up. I am six months put and re,ember that stage very well hang in there and keep moving forward with your recovery.