Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

Wow that's one rumour I wouldn't like going around about me.

I work in an office of about 20 and not everyone knows and I prefer to keep it that way.

A lot of asked what my goal is but I don't want to divulge in that either, not until I get to my goal. All they know is how much I have lost.

Though I think I slipped up with one person in the office, saying that a guy who went in 2 days after me has lost 40kg...oops. Hopefully she didn't cotton on.

I work in the medical field, so I have an inkling that a few know without me telling them.

I told everyone at work what I was doing...since I work in a medical field I couldnt lose this kind of weight without questions anyway. Lucky i did or I would have some 'splayning to do lol :)

Still in hospital but getting better every day.

A little help...struggling with the fluids part of the diet ...what did others eat in the first two weeks post op? I am hankering for something savoury . My hospital has me on Protein drinks and week box at the moment- kak :)

I told everyone at work what I was doing...since I work in a medical field I couldnt lose this kind of weight without questions anyway. Lucky i did or I would have some 'splayning to do lol :)

A little help...struggling with the fluids part of the diet ...what did others eat in the first two weeks post op? I am hankering for something savoury . My hospital has me on Protein drinks and week box at the moment- kak :)

Lol weet bix not week box hahahahaha

liquid for me was up and go's for Breakfast, v8 juice for lunch and homemade (strained) chicken Soup for dinner. I couldn't handle the sweetness of the diet jellies after surgery so they were out! A bit of milked down yoghurt was in the mix too! I also am a mad Water drinker so the rest was made up with good old h2o!

Hey Lila, every day is just a little better for you! In the first 2 weeks, my surgeon said you can eat anything that will fit up a maccas straw....I told him that was not a good analogy! Once I was allowed free fluids, the hospital gave me liquid beef soup- which I continued when I got home...bought canned stockpot Soup (something i would never do pre sleeve!) and liquified the crap out of it! It hit the spot for savoury- they also served custard, jelly, ice cream, strawberry milk and tea. I had made a chicken broth at home, custard, jelly and had the Optifast too. Also bought pumpkin soup from wollies and Tomato Soups. For fluids, I found that a teaspoon of juice in a bottle of Water made Water go down just a little easier, had benefibre and green tea was great when friends dropped by for a cuppa. Hope this helps!

I went to the dietician today- first time post op. found out for week 5 I was eating all wrong!! Still eating like I was in puréed and not eating enough Protein and Calcium. So now I have a much better idea of what I can now try to eat so am happy about that. Not happy I had to pay $140 for the pleasure- no Medicare rebate :-/ oh well. Next week I can start running again- super excited about this!! I was a runner before, averaging around 2k per day and 10k on week ends, but would never loose weight, only maintain it. If i stopped running I would put on weight....this is one of the main reason i had this surgery, exercise was never a problem but food wise i was clearly out of control. I can't wait to run and actually loose weight now!! I was 110kg when I competed in the 10k marathon...crazy!!

Hi Lila, i found Miso Soup was great during the liquid phase. You can buy sachets of it in the supermarket or ask someone to get it for you takeaway from the local sushi bar. Just make sure it doesn't have seaweed and tofu in it. Yummy

Thanks everyone :) they still have me on such limited stuff but fingers crossed I will go home soon and I will have a bit less food restriction

June 2012 pushing 100kg

And today' date=' 69.4kg wearing a size 10 Mr K dress[/quote']

Wow! Lookin good puppyphat! Can't wait til I'm there too!

Puppyphat wow what a transformation!! Lol, you need to change your name now!! I have found a photo that I will use as my before photo, but will wait a little bit longer for a progress shot. My body is playing its usual tricks on me, my surgeon weighed me on Friday and I was 118kg. I weighed myself yesterday at 119kg....but today the dietician weighed me and I came in at 120.6! Grrrr. I know it's not good to weigh all the time but a gain of 2.6kg in under a week? Hopefully new food plan and start running on Tuesday will help stop any more gains at the very least!!

Lila sounds like your going full steam ahead asking questions about liquids, oh how uve progressed....lol. Must be good to start the real journey rocky road at the start but your on the right track now.

Kayargh- I know exactly how u feel with the running bizzo, I was training heaps for my fight and couldnt lose any weight, training 2 and 3 times a day at times, then as soon as I stopped it started piling on. For a big boy I could keep up with the fit guys and then some. With the weight off I am going to be unstoppable...lol

Anyhoo its day 3 and I got through it pretty well, still a lot of temptation everywhere but I am strong.

Scotty

Lila sounds like your going full steam ahead asking questions about liquids, oh how uve progressed....lol. Must be good to start the real journey rocky road at the start but your on the right track now.

Kayargh- I know exactly how u feel with the running bizzo, I was training heaps for my fight and couldnt lose any weight, training 2 and 3 times a day at times, then as soon as I stopped it started piling on. For a big boy I could keep up with the fit guys and then some. With the weight off I am going to be unstoppable...lol

Anyhoo its day 3 and I got through it pretty well, still a lot of temptation everywhere but I am strong.

Scotty

Lila sounds like your going full steam ahead asking questions about liquids' date=' oh how uve progressed....lol. Must be good to start the real journey rocky road at the start but your on the right track now.

Scotty[/quote']

Stay strong!! It will get easier. I had a bad first week sticking to it, and towards the end I wanted to eat so bad, but the stories of people being opened up and the surgeon not proceeding cause the liver is still too fatty was enough to keep me on the straight and narrow!

I hear you with the training! I was training 3 nights per week (biggest loser style where I would almost vomit most nights) and running every day plus big runs on the weekend and would only maintain. Then I would stop for a few weeks an more weight would come back on again and I couldn't loose it when I got back into it again. It is fricken hard to run 5k when you are 123kg!! Finally totally disheartened I completely stopped everything and put on another 11kg in just 2 and a half months. I cannot begin to convey how much I needed this surgery to live. And yes, I believe that with the weight off I too will be unstoppable!!! Lol.

Hello everyone, I am new to this but have just spent the last five days reading the whole 78 pages of this Aussie sleeve forum and feel such a connection. My story... I had lap banding two years ago and have only lost 16 kgs. Also have not been able to find a happy medium with the fill. Went to a physician attached to my surgeons practice who took much of my fill out and sent me for a barium swallow to check for slippages. Saw my surgeon Monday who said there was no slippage. Despite having little fill I still managed to throw up in the last few weeks (even on scrambled eggs). Surgeon was understanding and said band not working for me. He took rest of fil out and I go back in 2 months to talk about what next. A close family member did the same and had her band removed then 3 months later had the sleeve. She is now 2 months out and lost about 23 kgs. Talking to my surgeon on Monday he said that he has had lengthy discussions and comparisons with his colleagues who do the band removal and sleeve in one op. He said that they have found the results are quite similar and he is now doing this in one op. He said that of course it would depend on what he finds once he opens up but if there is minimal scarring he will do both procedures at once. So now have to wait til mid December for my next appointment. Seriously considering the sleeve tho. Cheers

Welcome Kate - I am sure you will find this thread a life saver - everyone is so supportive, funny, intelligent and soon to be very healthy and hot! I opted to go straight to the sleeve because the lap band did sound high maintenance and I wasn't sure it would work for me. The sleeve has its challenges - each of us have experienced different ones - but we can all share them here! I am really happy with the sleeve and the results - I started at 102kg and 3 months after my op I am down to 73kg - although I didn't have a lot to lose, I had health issues looming and I was getting bigger every year and could not get my eating under control. I have to own up and say I still haven't successfully complete the lifestyle change by adding regular exercise but it is on my to do list! Anyway, sorry for the mega rave - all the best for you pending surgery from a bander to a sleever!

Sent from my iPhone using VST