Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

If You're Over 50 And Wondering If You'll Feel Sexy Again.....

I'm here to tell you that YES! You will! I am loving buying and wearing sexy (but tasteful) things again....hmmm, wonder if I ever really did before I was fat for so long....but it does make a difference in how you feel about yourself. I posted a little more about this on my Sunday update (link below) and I also talk about how the first few weeks felt then and how I feel now looking back on that time. Check it out if you can. And if you haven't registered on my site, you might want to, next week I am going to talk a lot about Should you tell or not....so either sign up, or check back next Sunday. If you haven't seen my blog before and you're a little new to this, go to the ABOUT page first.

I am 49. I have been buying younger style clothes since losing quite a bit of weight. It's like I lost 20 years of my life due to obesity and I want to make up for it. Plus, I feel younger now too.

I am 55 and so wish this surgery was available when i was younger. But, alas, it was not so i am going to do the surgery in June and hope for a much improved lifestyle. I just want my back and knee to stop hurting!

Good for you!!!! And you have your priorities correct....however, I am 58, had the surgery done 7 months ago and have been so happy that not only do my hips and knees feel better, my BP and cholesterol are good AND on top of that, I look so much better and am feeling those sensual feelings again......we are very similar....I was 223 when I started.....take a look at my before photos on my blog.....and now; huge difference. So set your sights high! There are lots of surprises in store for you....good luck, June is right around the corner!

Thanks for those inspiring words, Queen! I went to you blog but did not see the before pics. You look really great in the after pics!!! I can't wait for my transformation!

Queen (yes I feel strange calling someone Queen)

I have been following your blogs and enjoy reading about your lifestyle; it is a great inspiration.

I am 63 - sleeved on January 10th - have lost 54lbs and feel great. My only goals were to be healthy and to shop somewhere else other than Lane Bryant/Avenue. So far I have succeeded in both and am thrilled. My starting weight was 257 so I am close to going under the 200lb mark - for the first time in 25 years. I would like to loose 28 more pounds and then see how I feel for a while. I know the CDC would still classify me as overweight and maybe obese, but they don't live in my skin so I am not holding there ideals too close to my heart and soul.

I am happy, healthy and grateful. Looking forward to the summer, going to the beach and enjoying life once again.

Sorry to barge in on your ladies . . .

I notice the word AGAIN in the title, how about EVER, or FOR THE FIRST TIME?

I was skinny as a youth, painfully so. Then as a young adult I was thin but had no muscle mass, just round sausage like arms and legs with no definition. It continued as I matured and got married and was pretty shapeless as a young married man, then started packing on the pounds and in a few years was a blimp.

So I never HAVE felt sexy, till recently. I have a nice flat stomach with just a little sag in my abdomen and rear. I've started to work on my arms and they now have some swoops and curves in them rather than just straight lines. My legs also have some nice sculpture to them too and I at last feel at least somewhere past the Blah! level on the sexy-or-not scale.

I know it's just my wife that gets the benefits but I am pleased that she finally has some "eye candy" to stare at too. I've had all the pleasure of visual stimulation all these past 30 years.

One thing that "annoys" her is the fact that I look like 10-15 years younger now. I was pretty worn and haggard looking before, now I look a lot better. she is somewhat afraid that I will wander. I try and convince here that I'm hers and hers alone but she still has nagging doubts.

Aloha Ssilian....thanks for checking the blog....actually the Before photos are scattered within the blog, but if you want to see the most dramatic, go to April 15 blog, or check out my photo gallery here on the forum.....I am so fortunate not to have had any sagging skin.....I have no idea how it bounces back, but I'm grateful for it!

To Jane Rose: Yes, you have to just go where you feel you want to be health wise and scale wise....for me, I thought 153 would be my ideal weight; now I'm here and I think, 138 is what I want to do. But I also put a lot of merit into my blood work and how I feel. You'll find your way; congratulations BTW for doing this at age 63! How exciting for you. A whole new chapter for us at this age.

To Rootman: Yeah!!! I love that you posted your situation on this.....wish more guys would jump in. And is that really YOU in the Before photo? As for your wife; keep on loving her like you do and she'll figure out you;re her guy. You sound like a very special person......happy to hear you are getting so toned....that's my new priority as well.