Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Jon Benet Ramsay - over after 10 yrs??

Yoda

There are to many if's left open. The note left on the stair's in pasty's hand written as a ransome note that was proved to be hers. I think if you have enough money you can kill and get away with it!

look at OJ,Simpson. I hope the man named kerr is the right person and die's for crime , but lets wait and see........... if it is true with out a shawdow of Doubte.

Im not trying to make any one mad but Thats how I feel.John

One lesson is that it is TOO EASY to work as a substitute teacher in this country. THAT is what he did in Alabama, Georgia and California. It appears each time he was dismissed due to conduct with girls. He only subbed in lower grades.

Substitute teachers need a background check, just like the certified teachers are checked

I substituted in Florida and I was required to get finger printed and have a background check before I was allowed to teach. And I was required to attend a training session. One time I didn't substitute for more then 3 months and I had to do the entire thing over again, if you don't sub for 90 days they kick you out of the system.

As for the story. What goes around comes around and who ever is responsible has to answer to a higher power.

Living in Colorado near Boulder, this case has been on the news for YEARS. I wish I could buy into this guys story and tie the whole case up with a little bow but there are too many little things that don't add up. I hope they solve this case fully someday. It makes me sick to see pics of little JonBenet all dressed up in the makeup and hair. Talk about sexuallizing our children! Disgusting!

My first thought was that that poor woman died thinking the world considered her a murderer.

But on the news here it was reported that this has been in the works for a while, its not like he just confessed yesterday. Before Patsy died six weeks ago, she had been informed of this man and what he was saying and that he was going to be arrested. So she didnt die without any closure.

If its true of course, you never know with the media these days.

And surely, you cant work as a substitute teacher without a police check :) ? That cant be right. Although it doesnt help much if someone like him never had a police record. I had to have a full police check just to do my teaching rounds and also to volunteer as a literacy assistant at my kids' school.

I read through a lot of the news stories on this, and the thing that I wonder is "Is this the guy that did it, or is this a mentally ill person attempting to claim a crime he didn't commit?".

Given some of the history on him (according to the media) there certainly seems some evidence he has some issues.

I think the one thing that really saddens me is that this was so "high profile" simply because of the beauty pageant angle. This type of crime will continue to be commited and even if this one case is "solved" there are so many others that will remain unsolved.

I think the trial (and more specifically the DNA evidence) will make for interesting viewing and I hope justice is done.

No matter what happens I will stand in faith that whoever perpetrates such terrible crimes will face the "ultimate" judgment.

There are to many if's left open. The note left on the stair's in pasty's hand written as a ransome note that was proved to be hers.

Please quote your source. The ransom note was NOT proven to have been written by Patsy Ramsey, according to everything I have read about the case. Handwriting experts (several) said only that they believed it COULD have been. The note was printed - not written in cursive - and it is impossible to say for certain who wrote it. At least one handwriting expert did say he thought it was written by a woman, but he would not be more specific than that.

Please quote your source. The ransom note was NOT proven to have been written by Patsy Ramsey, according to everything I have read about the case. Handwriting experts (several) said only that they believed it COULD have been. The note was printed - not written in cursive - and it is impossible to say for certain who wrote it. At least one handwriting expert did say he thought it was written by a woman, but he would not be more specific than that.

Carlene is right. I read a book written by the Ramseys and a writer many years ago.. they could NOT say whose writing it was.. Possibly Patsy's but no solid proof. The saddest angle was that she was sexually abused by her brother and Patsy wrote the note to keep her son out of trouble... The poor kids sister was murdered and the media puts a spin on it. Im sure the police considered that, as they should have when investigating a murder.. and the media picked up on it and ran with it... Poor boy.. And you have to admit.. that little girl looked "sexy(??)" when she was all dressed up for pagents. thats the main reason this story got so much attention.. I have always wondered if it is good for these little girls to be dressed up like that.. Wonder what pressures it put on them about their appearance as they grow up. I have never known anyone in pagents so I have no clue....

Kathy

I don't think it's wrong for little girls to play dress up and put on make-up.

I think it's HIDEOUS that adults get them all together in one place to do it, and then JUDGE which one of them does it best! That's sick.

I feel sceptical about this new suspect. It sounds like he's trying to attach his name to a sensational story. If you're a sicko child molester, you may as well be the most notorious one in recent history right? Whether he did it or not, he's certainly guilty of crimes against other children and needs to be off the streets. Preferably buried up to his neck in a fireant mound and drizzled with honey.

From what I'm hearing today, they are far from any charges being filed. A lot of the story doesn't add up and this guy may not be the real killer. I just hope that if he isn't, someday someone will pay for this. If not in this lifetime, then he'll face a far fiercer judge one day.

This man was in Thailand. I believe punishment there is less "humane" than here in the States. I keep wondering if this suspect if trying to ride some sick wave of popularity by confessing to the crime. He's already been charged with other sex crimes so why not "go out" with a lot of press coverage?

For now, I'm reserving opinion as to whether he's a nut or a sexual molester and murderer until more evidence is revealed.

I agree Carlene - I think John Ramsey's statements have been pretty calm considering all he was put through. I hope the Co police don't mess this up and if this guy is guilty, gets off on a technacality - They didn't seem to know what they were doing from the beginning and believe me I'm not anti -cops - I've always hated how everyone blamed the family though- And from what I heard, this suspect was emailing the reporter for over 4 years and had sent several letters to the mom with one saying how sorry he was and that she didn't suffer...sad sad sad.

We are all going to have wait for the DNA match.

I'll put my money on no match. I looked into his eyes (on my 32" TV) and listened to his tone of voice. He is nuttier than my favorite Christmas Fruitcake and much, too, too much does not add up.:help:

Its on the telly right now, they're already discrediting this guy. Who knows? YOu cant believe what you see or read these days.

What a tragedy.

The real tragedy is how much important news was bumped from TV news shows and pumped from the pages of newspapers. Many important stories which may effect the lives of the US public were pushed aside to hear about this maybe-killer or maybe-15 minutes of fame-seeker.

I usually spend a few hours a day watching cable-news. Yesterday, I taped 3 times as much as normal so that I could fast forward past the repetitive displays of this tragic 6 year old dancing in her parent's Quest to make her a star, to fast forward past the 7 and 10 year old interviews of her parents and the Boulder DA and police and to fast forward past the guessing of the experts.