Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Band To Sleeve (New Member)

Hello,

I was banded Aug 2011 and having problems :*(

My surgeon is Dr P Domkowski in Sebastian Florida and I LOVE him! I am one of the few people that didn't have success with the band-I knew going in that there was a small percentage of people that were not going to have a positive outcome. I spoke to Dr D and he suggested I try converting to the sleeve this summer and to join this site for answers to some of my questions--- I really don't know where to begin. I've tried traversing the site but being new to this site I'm having some difficulties.

Anyone out there that have done this? Any problems? Any advise?

Thank you

Ada

Welcome. I am a band to sleeve revision. You will find a ton of us on here. From my personal expereince, it was the best decision I have ever made! Check out the forum that is for Band to Sleeve revisions. It is about half way down the page.

I did not have any problems thus far with my sleeve. You can read my profile to read about my expereince with the band. Anything that could go wrong did. Just PM me if you have any questions that come to mind.

Nichole

Thanks for responding! I'm 99% sure I will go for the sleeve. I intend to use the same surgeon as I just adore him and I feel that the "rejection" of my band was not any fault of his but just my body! I will probably have to start the insurance crap all over again but I'm willing to do it. Your story has inspired me :-)

I'm glad for your success converting and I'm looking forward to joining the club!

Ada

Yes definitely get it out sooner than later. I had a band put in - in 2002 and just removed this January 24. It was severely eroded - and had done nothing for the longest time - except make me vomit and wear all the enamel off my teeth, so I have had to have extensive dental work.

I am now 4 months healed and am going to Dr Garcia in Mexico for a revision. I couldn't wait any longer here in Canada - because of my job I had to find a time to suit the company, so in 2 weeks from TODAY I will be sleeved.

Good luck on your journey - like Nichole said you will find lots of us here.

I had the band to sleeve revision on 3/22/12, and am loving it! If you are on Facebook, I would recommend the facebook page "Failed Lap-Bands and Realize Bands". It's a fantastic source of information as well, and just about everyone on there has either had a revision, or are trying to get one. I had my band in 2007 and it didn't work well for me. Through various trials and errors, we ended up emptying it in 2009. I was "stuck" and "sliming" every single day! No more!! Since getting the sleeve, life has been so much more enjoyable!

Thank you all!!! I am feeling sooooo much better about this now! Will be seeing my surgeon at the end of this month and hopefully we can start this ball rolling! I am so glad he told me about this site!

Ada