Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just My Success Story! To Give People Hope!

My name is Mike I am 35 years on. I had Gastric Sleeve Surgery April 2011. At the time of the surgery I weighed 529 pounds I am a year in and I currently weigh 355 pounds! Feeling great! Still have alot of work but its a whole lot easier now! Do get me wrong I still have my bone head moments like eating to much or to fast! It takes alot of work! But if I can do it everybody can! Good Luck to anyone who is in the first stages and keep up the good work!

Congratulations on all your hard work!!

Wow, those are some great numbers. Keep up the good work..

Wow, you rock! Congrats on amazing success and best wishes to continue on your journey.

Just reading your post has already helped me mentally.

Congratulations! Those numbers are amazing. I just got my surgery date today and as everyone knows on this site, I'm scared!!! LOL But ready!

How did your surgery go? Much pain? How did you do right after?

CONGRATS! You have done a great job and will continue to Rock that Sleeve! How much do you eat now? Are you still losing your weight? ;)

Mike,

Congrats and happy sleeviversary! You have had a harder row to hoe than many of us and you are doing a great job! Almost 200 lbs. down in the first year is an incredible success story!

Lynda

Still losing slowed down but still losing! I work out with a trainer twice a week and do alot of walking. I am eating normal things just no as much and not that often.

Wow, what success you have had, I appreciate that you say you have had some challenges with eating too fast or too much. I am less than three months but do wonder why I seem to be such a slow learner. I continue to eat too quickly or without paying attention to eating and then feel uncomfortable. I don't seem to recognize that I have eaten too much until I have eaten that one spoonful too many, But hearing your success story is just what I needed to hear today. Way to go! Thanks for the inspiration.

I am less than three months but do wonder why I seem to be such a slow learner. I continue to eat too quickly or without paying attention to eating and then feel uncomfortable.

Sign me up as another slow learner. ;)

I usually catch on to things quickly but for the life of me, I can't remember to eat slow!

That is amazing. Keep up the excellent work! Thank you for sharing.

Hey Cherry, Don't sweat it I still a year later sometimes east fast and a little to much! You will get the hang of it

Thanks! I am only 3 weeks out, so this is all still new to me. I hope I eventually get it through my head.

Thanks so much for posting your story. I was needing some hope today and you gave that to me.

Well, congrats on your amazing success so far! Thanks for checking in and letting us know how you're doing! :)