Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey Bronx New York I Joined

I'm just starting but I booked all of my appts except pulmonary. Who are you seeing for pulmonary? I have a slew of appts this month alone. What helped you decide on the sleeve?

3rd weightloss management appointment . Last on should be in may and from there I guess it's testing and then surgery. I love the vibe @ montifiore . I didn't get that same vibe from Lenox hospital . Dr. Choi is excellent although I've heard dr. Valupani is great as well. This has been a thinking time for me. Part of me is worried something might go wrong after surgery being that this kind of surgery is NEW. Hopefully the closer I get to approval the more convince ill be that this is reality and its going to happen and it should. I wish I had the strength to lose on my own being that I've never gone on a full blown diet and given my body the chance to lose the weight on its own. Anyway wish the best to everyone that's made the decision of getting sleeved and may god be with all of us in this journey , after and always. ❤

I'm just starting but I booked all of my appts except pulmonary. Who are you seeing for pulmonary? I have a slew of appts this month alone. What helped you decide on the sleeve?

Hey Tina I'm not sure who I will be seeing for my pulmonary I have to pick up my referral for the pulmonary ...and I decided on the sleeve because in the beginning I really wanted the lap band but changed my mind after reading up on it and the maintenance with it..and the bypass I don't want to lose the weight so quickly so I decided to go with the sleeve its in between the Lapland and bypass

Cristy I'm glad things are panning out for you. I just had my endoscopy and I may have gastroparesis, ugh! If I do ,I won't be able to do the sleeve I will have to do bypass instead. Lets see.

Hi everyone !!!

I have a question for everyone in this room.

What made you choose the sleeve instead of the bypass ? What pros and cons help you choose sleeve ??? I'm am "5"5 I weight 240 my bmi is 39 and I'm 28 years old. I'm worried about long term affect on both surgeries , now I'm leaning towards bypass for the simple reason that I wanna be sure to lose 100pds . Idk what to do I thought I wanted the sleeve ... Please tell me your feelings.

@tina so sorry about the gastroparesis . How long till u find out the results of the endoscopy? wow I have bad reflux and the doctor told me that the sleeve would make my reflux worse and I'm not ok with bypass too much rerouting and two stomachs? Come on now... Smh I don't know. I just would hate to make a decision that would maybe turn out a BAD decision in the long run. On my 3rd weight management appointment Hoping I can get some clarity on this whole weightloss surgery..

Hi everyone !!!

I have a question for everyone in this room.

What made you choose the sleeve instead of the bypass ? What pros and cons help you choose sleeve ??? I'm am "5"5 I weight 240 my bmi is 39 and I'm 28 years old. I'm worried about long term affect on both surgeries ' date=' now I'm leaning towards bypass for the simple reason that I wanna be sure to lose 100pds . Idk what to do I thought I wanted the sleeve ... Please tell me your feelings.[/quote']

No matter what you do its a change in lifestyle. If you are not committed to changing your eating habits and your daily activity you will never lose or will end up gaining back whatever you lost within 5 years. Going through weight loss surgery does not mean you will lose the weight and it will never come back. Start changing habits now, see a nutritionist and follow doctors orders, exercise,and est smaller portions regularly, if the lifestyle suits you don't need to worry because whatever surgery you choose you are guaranteed to lose weight and hopefully keep the weight off. With or without surgery its all in our minds!

I've lost over 65 lbs in 7 months the natural way and I've tried to do it again, i'd lose 20 lbs and gain back 15lbs or 3 inches off the waist to gain them back again in a month. I just wasn't committed enough as I was before. My pcp suggested I do the surgery in the past and I was against it, i was determined to do it naturally, but after talking to successful sleevers, and Googling the complications, I decided to meet with a surgeon just to see how this would work. I'm currently on my 6th month waiting on my endoscopy and psych eval and I already lost 22 lbs just by following the nutritionist's and doing zumba. I want to live long so I can watch my daughter grow and go off to college. I want to be healthy and run around with my dogs and NOT buy my clothes in the big girl section. I want to have sex without having to minimize the sound of my gut smacking against me. I want change!

The best of luck to you and all the sleevers this week. <3

Hi all, upper Manhattan here. 7 weeks post op. I was sleeved 5/29/15 at NY Presbyterian.

SW 305

CW 232