Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Memorial Day Challenge!

Omg. It's as if I said I'd do this & the scale froze :( As of today I'm 252. Only a couple weeks left & 12# to go to reach my goal. Looks unlikely, but I'm going to try to stay positive & aim for success! Starting yoga today!!

Well, when it moves, it really moves!! So happy to report....245 today! Only 5# to go to my GW for the challenge. A little under a week so fingers crossed! :D

Woohoo! I hit my goal weight this morning

HW 232

SW 206

GW 195

CW 195

I'm gonna try for 3 more pounds by Monday!!

New GW: 192

Let's go everyone, we are almost there

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Starting weight: 292.4

Challenge Goal loss: 20 pounds

Challenge Goal Weight: 272.4

Current Weight: 284.5

A long way from my goal. :(

Analyzing my eating and exercise for the millionth time.

@Forensikchic - thanks for starting this now 10 page thread. Nice to see so many folks want to participate and to support each other! So many names to list but to each person, I hope you are successful in accomplishing your number. Some may not have wanted to hit a number but perhaps had a personal goal of accomplishing something else, maybe increased exercise or Protein levels etc. To all great job!

I met my Memorial Day goal to hit 208, which means I am no longer obese. I am "overweight" and 5 lbs away from 100 lbs down. I am steaming forward and plan to shout it out once I hit 100 and 3 lbs after that I will be in onederland, pretty emotional times coming for me and I want to let so many of you know how inspirational you are for others and simply say thank you. We are a bunch of strangers sharing a common goal of ultimate health (mental, physical, emotional), and finding friendships along the way...never thought I would share in something like this. Amazing!

To all of our soldiers and veterans, parents, siblings, spouses or significant others to those who serve in our military, may God Bless you for giving it all for others and your ultimate sacrifices.

Sandy

I ditto what Sandy said: Thank you soldiers and veterans for protecting our freedom. Without you we may not have freedoms like this message board and life saving surges such as VSG, not to mention feel safe and protected on American soil. Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!!

It's not looking good for my Memorial Day challenge. I have lost an additional pound which takes me to 14 lbs lost. My goal was 20 lbs. With only 2 days left I think it's unlikely I will lose 6 lbs, but maybe we can start a July 4th challenge???

I ditto what Sandy said: Thank you soldiers and veterans for protecting our freedom. Without you we may not have freedoms like this message board and life saving surges such as VSG, not to mention feel safe and protected on American soil. Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!!

It's not looking good for my Memorial Day challenge. I have lost an additional pound which takes me to 14 lbs lost. My goal was 20 lbs. With only 2 days left I think it's unlikely I will lose 6 lbs, but maybe we can start a July 4th challenge???

I also will not make My Memorial Day goal challenge. I am very close to my final goal and it has gone slower on the scale. I am only 8 lbs. away from my dr.'s goal for me and 16 lbs. away from my own goal. I am also exercising more and building more muscle, therefore doesn't show on the scale, but shows in my clothes, so remember that when you don't see the scale move if you are exercising, it's not a bad thing, especially if you can see it in your clothes. That may be a perfect time to measure to see that you are losing something! (Hopefully you measured before the surgery). The doctor always tells me how much body fat I have lost etc, and I have an appt. on Tuesday so that will definitely prove I am doing good. I am up to the July 4 challenge. I will definitely be at my own goal by then!

I also will not make My Memorial Day goal challenge. I am very close to my final goal and it has gone slower on the scale. I am only 8 lbs. away from my dr.'s goal for me and 16 lbs. away from my own goal. I am also exercising more and building more muscle' date=' therefore doesn't show on the scale, but shows in my clothes, so remember that when you don't see the scale move if you are exercising, it's not a bad thing, especially if you can see it in your clothes. That may be a perfect time to measure to see that you are losing something! (Hopefully you measured before the surgery). The doctor always tells me how much body fat I have lost etc, and I have an appt. on Tuesday so that will definitely prove I am doing good. I am up to the July 4 challenge. I will definitely be at my own goal by then![/quote']

Great point. I've started running so maybe I'm growing some muscle. Thanks for the pep talk, I needed it.

I am a little sad. The scale finally started moving again. I might make it to 145.X something tomorrow, but that is still 5 lbs away from my goal. I am so ready for the 4th of July challenge. I will set my goal high again because I love reaching for it. From 159 to 146. 13 lbs loss from the Easter Challenge.

Wishes, you definitely have something to Celebrate in your loss from April, great numbers! Keep going and yep I am sure we will have an explosive Independence Day challenge :)

I have a few more hours left, but I did lose one more pound than my goal!!! I hit 194 this morningmy nrw one was to hit 192, I will weigh when I wake up tomorrow. We are in the home stretch, come on Sleevers, heading to the finish line, woohoo

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I met another goal this week...to weigh less than my hubby

HW 335

SW 278

GW 263

CW 259

Lost 3# this week

Total challenge loss 19#

Sent from my iPad using VST

I didn't know if I was going to see any change this week or not. As of yesterday, it had been the same all week. But in what is not uncommon for me, it budged this morning and moved well. A 2# loss for me this week.

HW 335

SW 278

GW 263

CW 257

Lost 2# this week

Total loss of 21#

Yay!! Goal surpassed. I'm ready for the next challenge. I'm reaching for that 100# mark. Century Club, here I come!

SW 155.2 CW 146.9 GW 144.2

I lost another 1.1 pounds for a total weightloss of 8.3 pounds for this challenge. I didnt make my goal of 11 pounds but I got close! In two tenths of a pound, I will be a normal weight for my BMI. I am happy with the result as I knew it would get harder the closer I got to goal. I am a mere 12 pounds from goal now. Congratulations to all those who made goal or got close! On to the next challenge! July 4th... who is with me?

I can't believe that I just gained 2 lbs within 10 seconds of weighing myself. No, I did not reach goal. I'm in for 4th of July challenge! ;)

I weighed in at 252.6 the first time and the second 254.3. Either way I didn't make the challenge. :(

I'm in too! I am one month out and my starting weight 243.6' date=' current weight 216.6, challenge goal 20lbs or 196.6 and ultimate goal 150lbs. Is 20lbs in 7 weeks realistic at only 1 month post op? I hit a two week stall already at 9 days post op. Fingers crossed! Good luck everyone![/quote']

Okay my final weigh in is 201 down from 216.6 in this challenge so a 15.6 lb weight loss. I didn't make my 20 or at least getting to Onederland, but I still lost 15.6 lbs. Woo Hoo! I'm also climbing out of this 3 week stall having lost 2.6 lbs just this week. Yay me! Looking for to the July 4th challenge. Bring it on Miss Independence!

I am in.

Finally tally for this challenge is 15 lbs down. I weighed in at 144.0 this morning. Was short by four lbs... :( I will definitely be a normal BMI by the next challenge!