Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm may 28th.

Congrats! And good luck!!

I am getting sleeved on May 16th! I am excited and nervous all at the same time.

I have been on my liquid diet for 9 days and have lost 17 pounds!

I know I'm not the only one nervous here but bare with me, I need to get a few thoughts out. Monday is the day. I rationalize it, I explain it but this really comes down to I can no longer lose this weight by myself. I am powerless (step 1) - I have been so powerless I screwed up my metabolism so terribly it basically laughs at me when I want to lose weight now. I know I am making the right decision for my body but.... There is risk in every surgery. I am just so scared I maybe making a really selfish decision and not end up waking up from this surgery. I would leave my 6 yo, who it took 7 years to get pregnant with, alone. This is one time in my life I don't want to be the stand out and have Murphy's law find me. Please pray for me and against these crazy thoughts. I know God is a God of peace but sometimes the longest distance is from your head to your heart....I've been praying for each one of you who posts. We are all embarking on brand new lives in so many ways.

I think anytime you have surgery it is a fear many people have. I would be lying if I didn't have the same fear. However, I know that if I keep traveling on same path that I have been, I won't be here much longer for my children and they need me.

I wish you the best and will keep you in my prayers.

Good luck to everyone today!!! Stay safe!!! Vickie, glad to see you are doing so well!!

Goodluck to everyone today!!!!!!!!!!!!! Today I feel like I want somethink solid another week before I go on full liquid i need something different.

Thank you shorty pants. I am doing very well, just a little tired today. How is everything going with you?

Good. Other than all the stomach cramping all the time....not too bad today. If it doesnt go away by monday, I will call the Dr. It urts when before/during/after eating. Glad to hear you are well!!!!

Annemarie

Good job Valerie!! I walked 9 times on tuesday! There was another sleever on the unit who would NOT get out of her bed, and had VERY loud visiters!!!!! But yes, i paid for it on wed! lol. Keep it up!

I am still in Mexico. Got sleeved 2 days ago & doing fantastic! I have had no pain & just minimal nausea, the first 24 hours.

Just been sipping on Vitamin Water & going to go out soon with Dr Kelly, his wife & Omar for some broth. Yum, I can't wait, I feel hungry now!

I am still in Mexico. Got sleeved 2 days ago & doing fantastic! I have had no pain & just minimal nausea' date=' the first 24 hours.

Just been sipping on Vitamin Water & going to go out soon with Dr Kelly, his wife & Omar for some broth. Yum, I can't wait, I feel hungry now![/quote']

That is great! I hope I will be so lucky. I have had surgery five times and always recover from the anesthesia with vomiting for a good 24 hours. My surgeon is aware and is going to do everything to keep that from happening. I have a pretty high pain tolerance, so more nervous about the expected nausea.

Yeah I had some mild nausea with dry heaving a couple of times. But only for about 24 hours. I was more worried about the gas pain, that never happened!

Yeah I had some mild nausea with dry heaving a couple of times. But only for about 24 hours. I was more worried about the gas pain' date=' that never happened![/quote']

My last laproscopic surgery was a gyn, and i had the shoulder pain the first night but it went away, not sure how different this will be and how much gas internally will be.

Wow today is a bad day did some run around. I feel light headed I think clear fuilds is not doing it so I had some cream Soup I hope it dont miss anything up. I see different people have different diets. From research it seems its up to what your doctor wants to do with the clear and full liquids. I dont know I hope i didnt miss up but i cant feel like falling out.