Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just got home too. I had somewhat of a meltdown. I got really emotional when I got hone and weighed myself. I was up 5 lbs and just felt post-partum like. It was really strange. Thank God for my amazing and supportive boyfriend. He talked me through it. Also, thankful to this board for the advice.

That is probably just because you have all the fluids in you from the IV at the hospital. Takes a few days for that to work its way out sometimes!

Glad you are home safe!

Its at 1230pm...have to be at the hospital at 1030am...thanks Tibbie!!

You are in my heart and on my mind all day today!!! Hugs sweetie!! See you on the loosing side :)

Sent from my iPad using VST

Omg!! Those drink ideas are great! Printing them now! Thank you!!!!

Sent from my iPad using VST

Good luck to all of those with upcoming surgeries!

I am home from Mexico & in my home now. Nice to be with family now, but miss my Dr & his team, they were awesome!

I had my surgery in Mexico with Dr Garcia on 5/7 and have been following your posts. I have a question for you.....How do I contact you on this board personally?

Hi carol, if you wanted to send me a PM you should be able to hover your mouse over my name & then one of the options should be to send a message. If that doesn't work you can always e-mail me at NJsharon@hotmail.com.

glad you liked the drink ideas....i got this fron unjury today to...for all of you who have been told 60 grams is enuf...it isnt....there are several site that give you a formula to figure what u need by height.....this is what they said about the hair loss...

"Boy was I wrong!" (Hair Loss)

We regularly hear from customers asking about Hair loss.

What causes hair loss?

For bariatric patients, especially patients with past surgery, our first suspect is Not Enough Protein.

One reason we are confident about this is that when we talk with patients and they increase their Protein intake, the problem is generally resolved.

So this email from a customer is not unusual:

"I went off my Unjury and tried to live free and easy this summer...I am not doing that again! I have been gassy and bloated and I’m starting to lose my hair. It’s just not worth it (going off UNJURY)! I really thought I was getting enough protein from food, boy was I wrong. I am going back on UNJURY and never stopping again! I love this stuff!"

The American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery White Paper observes that over time, protein deficiency can cause a list of problems that includes hair loss.

For patients with hair loss any time more than 6 months after surgery, a recent article by two bariatric physicians and a dietitian recommendations:

80 grams (high quality) protein for Women per day

100 grams (high quality) protein for Men per day

Well off to bed...catch my plane in the morning. Stay in San Diego tomorrow night then the big op on thursday....wish me luck!

Well off to bed...catch my plane in the morning. Stay in San Diego tomorrow night then the big op on thursday....wish me luck!

Good luck!

good luck all my fellow mexico sleevers!!!! let me know how dr almanza is!

May 16th!! Dr. Almanza in Tj Mex!! Getting closer' date=' and more realistic each day:)[/quote']

I am also considering going to this dr. Almanza in tj mex..I am very nervous and have been doing alot of research ... Finding good and bad reports!

what have you heard? i am courious.....where did you find info?

Greetings from my hospital bed!!!! 10am, 6 1/2 hours later, not much pain on my stomach, a lot in my shoulders though (gas pain). Serious dry mouth. And apparently a surprise hernia! Lol

Ok I am home now and starting my clear fluids for a few days and I tell you the best thing ever is chicken broth from the Chinese restaurant it's going to save me. I am not hungry but it will help me get my fluids in. I know it's salty but hell its good! I can drink Water and Protein drink

My problem is I caught pneumonia and have to take meds which I crush and dr said add to apple sauce but not alot. And it's nasty bitter so 4 more days of that.

I do feel a weird sensation after drinking something like I feel the liquids. I am not hungry and I have been feedin my kids so far I am not even wanting it

One inscisin area hurts but others are fine ....

Hope all others are doing good

what have you heard? i am courious.....where did you find info?

I will let you know for sure. Friday's the day. I fly out tomorrow to San Diego. Hopefully can post Friday evening. It's going to be good to finally get to the loser's bench :)