Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Eating Out... Restaurant... Fast Food.

Okay, I am the first to admit that eating out and making bad choices probably got me into this mess in the first place... but now 5 weeks out, I realize that eating out or on the run is a reality of my single mom life. I do find that most places have 'good' choices, that I never noticed before! Of course I cannot eat more than a couple bites, but as I am learning what I can tolerate, I always have left overs to share with the kiddos, or for lunch the next day...

So, at the risk of being lectured, my question is: What are your 'go to' restaurant choices or fast food? This is what I have found works for me so far:

Rubios, Grilled Salmon Fish Taco

Sansai, chicken Kids meal (minus the rice, steamed dumplings)

Subway, tuna salad

Vons (yes, I run into the the grocery store deli), Chicken Salad

:)

Haven't been faced with this yet, but I think I'd find a Teryaki chicken bowl, and start at the top with the chicken and work my way to the veggies, and I'd be full before I ever reached the rice. Or just order it without the rice. Ya. That sounds good. :)

I eat a soft taco from taco bell. I eat all the lettuce, sour cream and cheese and a few bites of the tortilla. For the most part, I take a few bites with the tortilla, then tear it off, and just eat the insides. yummy

If you have Chipotle in your town the kids meals are great minus the chips for the most part they are under 300 calories.

And they are good 1 kid and you can order the taco kit 2 tacos and 2 sides is plenty.

A chicken Ceasar Salas anywhere works, without the croutons. Paradise bakery has a really good one & the chicken is cut really thin so its easier to cut into small pieces. I get a small with dreasing on the side & its food for at least 2 meals.

I had my first experience with this the other day, I got the tuna roll at Friendly's, and I just ate the tuna with a fork and left the bun. My hubby got the fries. I was shocked that I was able to eat a good amt of it. Also, o figure I'll be having lots of Soups while out and about.

The Taco Bell Fresco chicken soft tacos are 150cal. If I'm eating on the go I always get that also the grilled chicken snack wrap from mcdonalds isn't that bad either. I'm always getting my son a happy meal and if it's time for me to eat I'll grab the chipotle grilled chicken wrap; more calls coming in at 260 though.

I get a steak burrito bowl from Chipotle with black Beans and light on the rice. I also get cheese and sour cream and the hot salsa. Even at almost 8 months out this lasts me at least 4-5 meals. I used to eat the entire thing! And chips! I also go to subway and take the top of the bread off.

McDonalds - grilled chicken snack wrap (L), Breakfast burrito or egg mcmuffin minus the top muffin (B)

Wendy's - chili

Taco Bell - fresco chicken tacos (I prefer the crunchy to the soft, and break half the shell off) - I sometimes splurge and get a regular taco with the cheese/sour cream too.

Arby's - roast beef or ham/swiss, I usually eat mostly the meat and a bite or two of the bun

Most places have a grilled chicken sandwich of some sort which is always a decent choice.

I just heard that Chick Filet has a kids meal that is low fat and packed with Protein. You can get the chicken grilled and it comes with milk and a fruit cup.

Frankly I haven't done fast food yet. I guess I'm really anal and like to control exactly what goes into my food. I won't even eat mashed yam/sweet potato out because I don't know how much butter they stuffed in there.

I'm not sure what is in Taco Bell's "ground beef"

A 6" tuna from Subway has 470 calories and 24 grams of fat

Unless the Sonic wrap is a lettuce wrap is is full of carbs. It has 470 calories, 30 grams of fat (11 saturated) and 38 grams of carbs. That is on the high side of my daily limit for carbs.

I'm not lecturing. I'm just giving my reasons why I don't touch the stuff. I'm always surprised when I get the nutritional information from some of these places. I work full time and have kids. I just love to cook and I'm learning for the first time how to do it right. I pack my lunch for work the night before.

I guess I'm intolerable like a reformed smoker only I'm a reformed obese person touting all the benefits of ahi tuna, quinoa and Greek yogurt.

I love Culver's... I get a side salad and a chicken breast... split it w/ who ever is with me... I some Soup (eat about 4 spoon fulls) and I'm good...

And Potbelly chili... I can eat about 4 oz of it.. So good and full of protein!!!

One crunchy taco from Taco Bell.

One grilled chicken breast from KFC, I pull the skin off.

The Chicken Ceaser salad from Burger King is good and packed wirh Protein.< /p>

This is really all I've experimented with.

I get a fish fillet from mcdonalds and eat only the inside and a couple of the kids fries.

Taco bell a soft taco

Red lobster I get a feast and have food for various meals.

I love Friday's ribs.

Denny's I usually get an omelet and some fruit.< /p>

Chipotle I get a veggie bowl or a bowl with no rice. Again I have like 3-4 meals in that.

Subways I get a 6 inch with the bread pulled out.

That is it. I have tried chick fil a but everything there makes me sick now I don't know why. The Soup is the only thing I can handle it and I hate it because before I use to love that place.