Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre-Op Two Week Liquid Diet

I'm on Day 4 of two weeks of liquids. Technically mine will be It's getting easier thank goodness. The 2nd day, I was in a foul mood and angry at anyone & everything! It felt like every cell in my body was screaming for food. It took every ounce of willpower I had to not run screaming from work and go get a cheeseburger from Burger King. I drank lots and lots of Water on Day 2 and when I woke up on Day 3, I felt much better. It must really be like a detox, isn't it?

I am allowed to have Carnation Instant Breakfast packets, Protein shakes, broth, sugar free Jello and limited amounts of sugar free pudding & cottage cheese.

I hope I can keep this up. I will, because it means a safer surgery.

Sent from my iPhone

Interesting, that is the same diet I have been on since my surgery three weeks ago. I still want a burger. Soon, very soon, I should be able to have at least a piece of one. It is all for the good and the weight does fall off... so do your clothes. Been a long while since I needed a belt. It's all good.

Keep up the good work, it is really worth it.

I hate to admit it, but my first bite of hamburger was so disappointing. After surgery I rarely eat burgers anymore. Now I think - ugh - this is what I used to live for??? And I live in the land of In N Out Burger ... Tastes will change for many of you.

Yes!! You are TOTALLY detoxing! It was rough. I remember day nine having a total meltdown, then--day ten came, and I just didn't care anymore. Haven't had a problem since. (surgery was 24 days ago.)

I was told I had to do a 4week liquid diet to shrink my liver. Of course, when he said that everything else sounded like Charlie Browns teacher. I was very upset yesterday, but today, I'm coping. I haven't even started yet, I have my per-op appointment next month where they will go more in depth about the requirements. I know it's a mind set and I'm trying very hard to overcome that.

I just started my 2 weeks of pre-op liquid today. I'm so hungry and cranky already! I did a totally liquid diet a few years ago for around 18 months straight! I lost 40 lbs in that time, but it didn't stay off, which is why I'm doing the sleeve. I don't remember it being so hard! LOL Hang in there, we'll both make it!

'm day 2 of a 14 day pre-op. I am having a tough time!! My Surgery is March 21 and it can't get here fast enough. We will all make it though.

Hang in there Marbe!!

Hang in there ladies! It will be just fine!! And so worth it!! Good luck i am cheering all of you in!!

I am on dAy 5 of my 2 weeks. And yesterday was a break thru. No caffeine withdrawal headache, no extreme hunger. I think at my weight my body can live off of my liver for at least a year. You can do it! Last night I even went to dinner at red lobster with my family. True test of commitment. I had grilled no butter lobster tail and shrimp with 2 servings of broccoli. As the date gets closer I may move to 3 shakes a day bit right now I enjoy my 1 meal daily and you can too!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I am on day 2 of the pre-op liquid diet. I am sick to my stomach. Last night I was SO hungry that my stomach hurt. I drank my Protein Shake and could barely swallow. I just wanted to gag!For the first week I am to have a Protein shake in the a.m. and afternoon then a chicken breast and steamed vegis for dinner. Next week I am to do ALL Protein Shakes 3X a day and not go over 800 calories a day. I just want to GAG!!! I have the vanilla whey protein shake. What protein shake would you recommend? I need help. I know I have to do this. I am Going to do this! My surgery is 3/28/12. I can not wait. I have been wanting to get surgery for 10 years now. It has been a long time in coming. I am just wanting to CHEW! LOL! How can I get over my gag reflex?

@Lisalalani... I have tried tons of Protein drinks. I'm still in the process of trying more. The EAS streawberry drink is the one I tolerate the best at the moment. Who knows that may change after surgery. Have you tried the different flavored Atkins drinks? Some are on the lower end with grams of Protein, but they have more creative flavors like mocha Cappuccino.

I'm on Day 13 now and it is definitely easier than the first few days!

post-65499-13813669175709_thumb.png

Sent from my iPhone

post-20121-13813658413653_thumb.jpg

Thank you for responding! :) I actually bought some EAS yesterday. I was looking for strawberry, but they were out, so I got chocolate. It is okay. Better than the powder. I am doing so much better today. Yesterday was awful! ;) I made it, though!!! I am going to go back to the store and get strawberry. Is your surgery tomorrow? If so Good Luck!!!! :D

My surgery is Tuesday 3/20. My pre-op diet will end up being a little longer than two-weeks lol. The EAS isn't "great" but it's decent compared to some of the other drinks I've tried. Good luck to you.

Sent from my iPhone

I had a hard time with Whey also so my nutritionist recommended that I try soy Protein. I use the GNC Soy protein with light Silk Soy milk. It taste good and doesn't hurt my stomach like the Whey.