Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Roll Call!

Sorry....was not done lol....been slow from day one..pd a week is all I average for the past few months. Down 48 pds. Nothing last week.

My Dr. told me that weight loss will slow by our six month surgiversary and not to expect huge numbers. So I didn't get upset or stress when I only lost 2 pounds this month. So for those who are stalled, be encouraged. We will continue to lose, even if its just 1 or 2 pounds in a month or longer, it's slow but it's still progress!!

Renea77,my problem with this is that no one eating 800 calories should only lose 2 pounds per month.It just seems very abnormal!The problem is how to change this to speed up the metabolism again....and food along with exercise is the one way to do this.Food is fuel for the body and for fat burning.800 calories just is so little to basically maintain on!

Anyhow,what choice do we have now anyway?

Renea77' date='my problem with this is that no one eating 800 calories should only lose 2 pounds per month.It just seems very abnormal!The problem is how to change this to speed up the metabolism again....and food along with exercise is the one way to do this.Food is fuel for the body and for fat burning.800 calories just is so little to basically maintain on!

Anyhow,what choice do we have now anyway?[/quote']

Hi, have you tried upping your calories to 1000? Are you getting enough sleep? I tend to stall when I don't get enough sleep so I choose a day, eat more carbs(not too many) , less Protein and I sleep as much as I can that day and it has helped me each time I stalled. It seems to shock my body back to losing, dont know if it will work for you, but it does for me. I also exercise 6 days a week, I take cycling classes and run 3-5 miles outdoors each day that I run and do some weight training. I have found many users on this site have posted tips for how they break a stall or what's helpful to help break a stall. I do understand your concerns too.....wish I had more info to help us all move forward and lose more:(

Hi,I must say the sleep thing is an issue.I have upped my cals today and my carbs and fibre.Will see if this helps.

Anyway,it is what it is.Cannot stall forever Im sure!

xxo

Hi' date='I must say the sleep thing is an issue.I have upped my cals today and my carbs and fibre.Will see if this helps.

Anyway,it is what it is.Cannot stall forever Im sure!

xxo[/quote']

Try to get 10 hours of sleep too if you can tonight, turn in a little early either today or tomorrow and get some rest so your body can get rejuvenated!!

Well, it finally happened. I took all my clothes belonging to the fat person I used to be and gave them away to a thrift shop. Now there is no going back to the way I was, hooray!!! I will miss some of those shirts though, I really liked them. But I like the new me a whole lot better. I have bought a few new things, but not many, because I am still losing. What a wonderful journey this has been!

I need to get some bags ready to donate. I bought tons of clothes last weekend and they are still in bags because I have no room to put them. Out with the old, in with the new!

Oh yeah I posted my 6 month pics. When I get back to my laptop I will post them here too.

Here they are!

post-20006-13813660272202_thumb.jpg

post-20006-13813660273039_thumb.jpg

post-20006-13813660273959_thumb.jpg

I love crossing legs...

just wanted to share that

:-)

Hey March people, I could use some help.

I was sleeved in March 2012. Absolutely thrilled with my decision. I'm down 70 lbs in the 8 months. I've never felt better.

I've been on a stall for the last month and not really worried...but ready to get rolling again. Any thoughts from you on how to move out of this stall? I've actually gained about 8-10 lbs in the last month.

Again, not worried or stressed about this...just looking for input.

Thanks all

VSG-LLL

How are we doing March Sleevers?? My starting weight was 320, surgery date on3/2 was 291, currently186, and I want to be 150 by my 1st anniversary.

Hi

Surgery day 297 today 187.But it is going frustratingly slow now! Am starting with the personal trainer on Monday.

Hi

Surgery day 297 today 187.But it is going frustratingly slow now! Am starting with the personal trainer on Monday.

Desertmom, we are right on track together! Good luck with the trainer!

Hi March Peeps!

I made goal today! I'm so excited to be able to say that I have lost 100 pounds. :) I can eat a lot more than I want to. I'm fortunate to have developed a passion for running. Since being sleeved, I haven't hit a stall that lasted more than three weeks. I'm so fortunate. I did notice that I had to increase the intensity of my running to get my weight to move. The last five pounds were really slow going.

I hope that everyone is doing well! Happy Thanksgiving!

-Danyelle