Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where Are You 200+Er's?

I have 200 pounds to lose. I started out at 358 and I think I'm around 235 now. We had a house fire and I don't have my scale anymore. My surgery was supposed to be this week but I pushed it out a month in hopes that the stress level would not be as great and boy am I glad that I did that. It has been an emotional roller coaster since the fire with alot more downs then ups. Things are getting better now and I am looking forward to getting back on track for this journey. My new date is March 19th and I can hardly wait. I will continue to check this thread as you are all an inspiration to what is ahead. Thank you!

Hello Everyone!!

I too have a lot of weight to lose I am not 100% certain what I weigh right now but I am guessing it is about 330# I would really like to lose 200# I still do not have a surgery date hopefully soon though I will have my date. I keep praying that the financial end will get in order here shortly with it being tax season. I really can't wait to share that loser's bench with ya'll soon!! God willing it be at the beginning of Summer.

Oh Just one question for ya'll how do you know if you need to buy a second seat on the plane? I am kinda horrified of that situation but I also do not have money to throw away!

Frpringle-I'm so glad you found us. You are doing so fabulous. You are especially an inspiration to me because I think you are the only person I have seen who started with a BMI as high as mine! And look at how you are doing. 100lbs by 3 months! I got sleeved the week after you (11/14). I have lost about 75lbs (getting weighed today) and hope to hit 100# by my 5 month. It is amazing the self control you seem to have and what you are doing sure seems to be working for you. Do you even eat the chicken for Breakfast? I occasionally eat leftovers for Breakfast. I have found that my taste buds don't seem to differentiate between meals anymore. They all seem interchangeable. Plus I don't eat my first meal until 10:00 so that my eating schedule is 10-2-6 so that I can have dinner the same time as my family.

Do you exercise? I have just started a walking program my surgeon put me on. But I have to say I have taken more days off than I have actually walked. I know a lot of people here do the gym and stuff, but I am still too heavy to even think of doing anything besides walking.

I so know what you mean about not seeing any difference-i have said that here many times. When you have as much to lose as we do even 100# barely makes a noticeable difference. At least you are getting to wear a new size in pants! I wear those old lady black stretch ones that seem to fit every weight I ever am! It's also hard because I am 6' tall. I finally found that Woman Within had tall jeans up to a size 44T. One style. So I ordered a 40T and was so excited when I was able to pull them up and button them. But then I looked at the legs and they could have held an additional leg!! I don't know if they were "wide" leg pants or if my hips size is WAYYY out of proportion to my thighs, but I guess I'll have to wait until I go down a few more sizes to get a pair of jeans. I haven't worn jeans in about 12 years so that is one of the first things I am looking forward to. Even if they are a size 38!!

I havent gotten myself on a set exercise routine just because I'm usually very busy. I try to make sure I'm doing extra while I'm out running around though, like taking the stairs and parking further away from the buildings, etc. I'm doing school full-time and I know that's not an excuse for not exercising, but it's been very hard to get into the routine. Yeah, I eat chicken for breakfast lol. I don't change it up very much, just because I know it works for me and I don't feel sick after. It's boring, lol but I find that I don't get excited about food very much anymore, so eating boring doesn't bother me.

I was able to out on a pair of kakis today that I haven't been able to wear for almost 4 years now, and it felt great. I finally let my husband take a "before and after 100lbs down" picture today. I'll have to post it when I get a chance.

It sounds like you are doing amazing too! I just can't believe how much rings are changing and how fast!

Oh Just one question for ya'll how do you know if you need to buy a second seat on the plane? I am kinda horrified of that situation but I also do not have money to throw away!

Depends on who you are flying on...however...if you can sit in a standard 17" seat without major overflow you will be fine...if there is overflow then either try and get a seat that has noone right next to you.

This always makes me nervous when I fly. I've never had to purchase 2 seats and I've always flown Delta or US Air. I go through a ritual of selecting seats. Some have more leg room. The last time I flew was in August to Los Angeles from NC. My sister and I were traveling together, so we left our shared armrest up to give me more room (she's an average size and doesn't have to worry). But I've flown with strangers and not had a problem with the armrest down. Just wasn't as comfortable.

I have always needed a seatbelt extender. I can't WAIT for that NSV!

Hi there!! I am right there with you. I have 300 to lose. I've lost 128 so far. I'm almost halfway there!! I am glad you posted b/c we all need that encouragement. I do post a lot on my blog about what I'm going through. I try to get over here too and meet others going through the same thing. we can do it!

I have just received my membership card to this club at 290. I didn't think it was possible but 9 weeks on I finally made it!

I reached my 3 week out mark yesterday. I've lost 22.2 lbs since surgery and 54 including my 6 month pre op diet. :) I've still got a long way to go, but I renewed my gym membership and they have a kids club I can take my son to on the weekend.

I did have a weird day on Thursday. I had been getting weird twinges in my legs and since I know I'm still in the risky time frame for blood clots, I started having a panic attack which I am not prone to. But I went to the ER. They did ultrasounds of my legs. No blood clots, but I was a little dehydrated, low blood sugar and the ER Dr. said low caloric intake contributed. I told him I couldn't really have carbs and even though I need 800 calories I've only been getting between 500-600 calories because I'm on all liquids.

He told me to go to Roberto's (local Mexican food chain) and get some refried Beans with cheese and yes, they are made with lard and eat some until I can't eat anymore. So I did. I feel 100% better than I did on Thursday. I'm so glad I'm on soft foods now.

He told me to go to Roberto's (local Mexican food chain) and get some refried Beans with cheese and yes, they are made with lard and eat some until I can't eat anymore. So I did. I feel 100% better than I did on Thursday. I'm so glad I'm on soft foods now.

Love Roberto's!!! And one chicken taco does the trick when you are back on regular foods!

Roberto's is about the only place I can still go out to eat. (I'm guessing it's the same one-but maybe not) I usually get a beef tostada and eat the toppings-leave the tortilla-I can only eat half. Or mine has a carne asada taco ($2) that is 2 unfried corn tortillas with about 6oz! of carne asada and then pico de gallo. That's it. Easily 2 meals!!!

Mexican food has been a real life saver on my plan. Lot's of flavor and texture. And much can be made low fat or fat free!!

I'm so glad someone else knows Robertos. :) I've been eating refried Beans for dinner since Thursday night. Today for lunch I did make some chicken salad with mayo.

I'll be honest. Mayo is the one food I won't go low fat or non fat on. That's just plain gross. I'd rather not eat food with mayo than go low fat.

How's everyone doing? Just checking in. :)

I will be 4 weeks out on Monday and I hit a stall. 32 pounds lost for my first month, none this week. I need some tips to get out of the stall.

Plugging along. 13 days out. Pain finally dissipating. One more week on liquids, then on to blenders. 29 lbs. so far. Can't complain at all!