Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where Are You 200+Er's?

I'm still here! I'm crazy busy with this being the last month of the semester for me, my grandpa is about to die and I got a job, so I'm just a little crazy lately! My weight loss has slowed significantly and I think it's because of all the stress I've been under. I finally was able to get a gym membership, I just have been swamped and haven't had a chance to use it much. One more month of school for this semester though and I'm going to be right back at it! Also, my husband is hopefully going to be getting the surgery late May/early June!

WOW!! well, you're doing great! Don't let the stress get you! Just keep going slow and steady!!! I have trouble taking my own advice, however ;)

Doing fine here. Just a pound shy of 135 lost since I started dieting in July last year. Being in the 280s is a wonder compared to my 420s life. My only frustration is a tendency to stall for several days just before any milestone :angry: but everything keeps going down if I'm patient. :lol:

Running a bit anemic but otherwise my stats are looking pretty good.

135 down. Wow, I can't wait for that!! It's amazing how much life gets easier with even 40 or 50 pounds! I stalled right when I got to 300. I was to excited to get to the 200s, and BAM Stall out. We shall persevere!!

I am five days post-op now. I am doing SO much better. I was able to eat and drink better starting yesterday. It has made ALL the difference! I can walk without pain. I didn't take pain meds yesterday or today. I don't really need them. I have my check up on Thursday. I can't wait to start driving again. Wow. I am just So much better.

Hey!! I'm here *waving* ;)

I will be 3 months out next Tuesday and am now down 51 lbs. :) It has truly been a roller coaster for me so far. I lost 38 in the first month and then stalled for the rest of February, right after introducing solid food. :angry: That was SO frustrating to me! I was doing everything but exercising and NOTHING. I felt like I was on the hardest diet ever if that makes sense. I was counting everything, being sure to get enough Protein and Water, avoiding things that I shouldn't, etc. And no scale movement! I'd hoped to be down 60 lbs by my 3 month follow up, which is next week.

By the first week of March, I had enough energy to begin going to the gym. I am now up to walking around 3.5 miles in one hour. That may seem like nothing to all of the true gym rats, but it means the world to me! I haven't exercised regularly since before my wedding in 2008.

I also think I was not eating enough calories. I noticed on a week that I would "cheat" a little with some things that I shouldn't have (chips and cake at a baby shower, a little Peanut Butter, half of a hot dog), I lost 3 - 4 pounds. I'm not saying that we should eat these things regularly, but I believe the extra calories helped with the weight loss. I was only getting in 500-600 calories. I have upped my calories and lost something each week since. It's not going as fast as I'd hoped, but I am thankful for what I've lost. For some people it's just effortless! I feel like I wasted some of my honeymoon period with the stalls. UGH! But my pants are REAAAALLLYYY bagging and I have more energy. As of the 2 month mark I was down over 17 inches all over with 6 of those being from my hips.

My best NSV was receiving some recent test results. I had some renal issues in 2009 which left me with insufficient kidney function. Nothing that was near dialysis level, but still very concerning. Well guess what?! My kidney function was actually in the NORMAL range for the first time in almost 3 years! My Nephrologist couldn't make any guarantees but thought the weight loss could improve things. Just 50 lbs and the change in what I am eating has made this SO worth it so far! I cried when I received those results!

It sounds like everyone is doing great! I am sorry to be so long winded but I know that you all truly understand what it's like with having so much to lose. We got this!!

Hey everyone,

I am loving the love here in this group for 200+. I started at 438 pre-op. I lost a few #s gained a few #s, but I'm happy to say that I lost 16 #s in the 1st week post-opt. I m not weighting myself daily, but I can't wait for my 2 wk follow up. I was 405.8 at last weight in. Hopefully I will be under the 300 # mark. If so it will be the 1st time I was in the 300s in 10 years. That's major for me. My goal weight is 200#s.

Good luck to all my sleevers out. We can do it.

ROLL CALL!!! Just checking in friends!! How are we all doing???

Debi C

Circa- (I've missed you!!)

Tif

Terry H

BrandyMarie

Tenshi

Writergirl

MzPecanBrown

Bemabound

PEvette

Rahnava

frpringle

bratbvp

Holly

gettingthere

deedee

MTC

Jerseylocks

KittenKate (who's actually holding a DOG in her picture ;) )

Roseib

Missmarbe

lisalalani

Wheetsin

and Zuess- welcome! (you've had a rough start, but I'm glad the hunger and midnight raids are over!)

And last but not least, our paradigm of hope- MASSINDEX!!! WOOOOO!!!! HE REACHED GOAL!!! I wanna be like you when I grow up!! ;)

Chime in people- I'm stalled. I need some hope and encouragement, and I'm sure you do too!! Regale us with your losses and NSVs! We have a long, hard road ahead, so we need to push each other up that hill!

Dooter - I'm not worthy of being singled out here but if it helps someone realize that they too can hit their goal, then mount me on a wall :D . Lessons learned and mistakes made make this a great topic for us 200+ers.

Dooter - I'm not worthy of being singled out here but if it helps someone realize that they too can hit their goal, then mount me on a wall :D . Lessons learned and mistakes made make this a great topic for us 200+ers.

I constantly wonder if I can REALLY really lose 200 pounds, or if I have to "settle" for less. You are my living proof!!

Hey!! I'm here *waving* ;)

I will be 3 months out next Tuesday and am now down 51 lbs. :) It has truly been a roller coaster for me so far. I lost 38 in the first month and then stalled for the rest of February, right after introducing solid food. :angry: That was SO frustrating to me! I was doing everything but exercising and NOTHING. I felt like I was on the hardest diet ever if that makes sense. I was counting everything, being sure to get enough Protein and Water, avoiding things that I shouldn't, etc. And no scale movement! I'd hoped to be down 60 lbs by my 3 month follow up, which is next week.

By the first week of March, I had enough energy to begin going to the gym. I am now up to walking around 3.5 miles in one hour. That may seem like nothing to all of the true gym rats, but it means the world to me! I haven't exercised regularly since before my wedding in 2008.

I also think I was not eating enough calories. I noticed on a week that I would "cheat" a little with some things that I shouldn't have (chips and cake at a baby shower, a little Peanut Butter, half of a hot dog), I lost 3 - 4 pounds. I'm not saying that we should eat these things regularly, but I believe the extra calories helped with the weight loss. I was only getting in 500-600 calories. I have upped my calories and lost something each week since. It's not going as fast as I'd hoped, but I am thankful for what I've lost. For some people it's just effortless! I feel like I wasted some of my honeymoon period with the stalls. UGH! But my pants are REAAAALLLYYY bagging and I have more energy. As of the 2 month mark I was down over 17 inches all over with 6 of those being from my hips.

My best NSV was receiving some recent test results. I had some renal issues in 2009 which left me with insufficient kidney function. Nothing that was near dialysis level, but still very concerning. Well guess what?! My kidney function was actually in the NORMAL range for the first time in almost 3 years! My Nephrologist couldn't make any guarantees but thought the weight loss could improve things. Just 50 lbs and the change in what I am eating has made this SO worth it so far! I cried when I received those results!

It sounds like everyone is doing great! I am sorry to be so long winded but I know that you all truly understand what it's like with having so much to lose. We got this!!

That is FANTASTIC news!! Praise God!!!

I'm here. I was in a 4 week stall staying in a 2 lb. range and I was getting irritated beyond belief. Since that stall broke, I've lost almost 7 lbs in those 2 weeks. Yay!

I've been going to the gym anywhere from 3 -6 days a week and I'm so glad that i have. I have 3 more lbs to go and I'll have lost 70 lbs. 33 pre op and 37 post op. AND I'll be the weight I was when I got pregnant with my boy.

Hello everyone! I had my surgery on 3/29/12 do I guess this is my 6th day post op. I feel good but like everyone still have pain at the incision sites and have very little energy. I did manage a walk today though! I have a "FitBit" as a pedometer and I have tried to Walk a mile each day (this includes Just walking around the house And such) and today I made it 2!

I am amazed at how full I feel after only drinking water! I am looking forward to full liquids in a few days! I have currently lost 42 pounds from January-now! I am not sure how much I have lost since surgery because I don't want to

Weigh just yet. :-/ On the day of my surgery I was 329. My first mini-goal would be to get to 295, with my ultimate goal of 150??? It's been so

Long since I have seen 150 I don't know if that is even a good goal for me to have. I am very thankful for VST and the support given here! :-)

I'm here. I was in a 4 week stall staying in a 2 lb. range and I was getting irritated beyond belief. Since that stall broke, I've lost almost 7 lbs in those 2 weeks. Yay!

I've been going to the gym anywhere from 3 -6 days a week and I'm so glad that i have. I have 3 more lbs to go and I'll have lost 70 lbs. 33 pre op and 37 post op. AND I'll be the weight I was when I got pregnant with my boy.

GOOD JOB TIF!!

Hello everyone! I had my surgery on 3/29/12 do I guess this is my 6th day post op. I feel good but like everyone still have pain at the incision sites and have very little energy. I did manage a walk today though! I have a "FitBit" as a pedometer and I have tried to Walk a mile each day (this includes Just walking around the house And such) and today I made it 2!

I am amazed at how full I feel after only drinking water! I am looking forward to full liquids in a few days! I have currently lost 42 pounds from January-now! I am not sure how much I have lost since surgery because I don't want to

Weigh just yet. :-/ On the day of my surgery I was 329. My first mini-goal would be to get to 295, with my ultimate goal of 150??? It's been so

Long since I have seen 150 I don't know if that is even a good goal for me to have. I am very thankful for VST and the support given here! :-)

I started at 340 and would also like to get back to 140-160 range. We'll see, I guess!!! I've seen people on here do miraculous things!

Sounds like you're doing great! Don't be disappointed if you are not down much your first week. It's not expected that you are down much. There is still much surgical swelling and retention, so don't freak out if you're not down. You may "feel" it though. Good walking, keep it up!

I had my 1 week post-op appointment today. Including my 2 day pre-op diet (SF liquids) I am down from 348 to 313, so down 35 lbs. That says a lot more about how far behind I am in fluids, than it does about fat loss. I tend to lose in spurts.

I've still not had any nausea or queasiness, which I fully expected to have. I have some pretty major restriction still, but today have been able to almost double the fluids of any previous day (despite a 3 hour nap - I took some Lortab for the muscle pain on my access incision and it hit me really hard).

My next appt is in 2 months so we'll see what the change is then, unless I need to go to the Dr. sooner (hopefully I will not!)

Dooter, have you realized we're almost like sleeve twins? Except I'm a revision, and we have differents urgery dates, and... but stat-wise, we're really close.

My pre-op was (apparently) 348. I didn't look when they weighed me so I didn't know until today how much I had regained after my band removal. Ugh, like 50 lbs in 6 months. That shouldn't even be possible. Before I got fat I was happy around 180. 175 puts me just barely into the really high side of "normal" weight on the BMI charts (I'm about 5'10).

I have my one week post op tomorrow. Does the doctor change your diet to anything other than full liquid then? I am on full liquids now. I am hoping to get to mushies soon...oh, to be able to chew...! ;) LOL! I am so glad that I got the surgery. It is such a HUGE change to my life. I have wanted it for so long (10 years) that now that I have had surgery, it seems surreal. Does anyone else feel that way?