Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any one in NW WA

Oooh yes - I have 2 doggies - betty & page (named after the old pinup model). one is a boston/rat terrier mix and the other is a pure rat terrier. the silliest little fart-monkies you could ever ask for! I love mini pins and chihuahuas. what are your little ones names? and i'm so jealous that you know how to sew. we buy clothes for ours but i'm thinking of taking a knitting class to make them some sweaters. :thumbup:

Tons of pics of the doggies on my flickr site: brende's photosets on Flickr

Hi Lise!

I looked up your blog site. You have doggies! I LOVE doggies! We have 4 of them here....min-pins and chihuahuas. I sew for mine....LOL...

Like Sue said, take it easy....let everyone else do stuff for you and just let yourself heal.

Congrats again on starting this fabulous trip!

Merrillee

Hi Lise,

My dogs names are Buttercup and Sweetpea, then my daughter has Peanut and Jake. We used to have a business called "Buttercup and Peanut" where we made clothes for customers and boutiques. Wasn't enough money in it to keep it going, though. BUT my dogs have TONS of clothes.....I'm working on embroidered silk dresses for the girls for Easter....LOLOLOL! Knitting for them will be fab for you! I've tried a little, but it's not my thing. I LOVE dressing my dogs.....

Merrillee

Lise...

liquids were hard, but the 1st 2-3 days are the worst then it does get some better. It gives a great jump start for the weight loss!

My fave things for protien drinks (we use the low-carb whey body-builder type) is to have chocolate, hot with coffee (instant or Internation Coffee type) with SF English toffee or ameretto, or the vanilla or lemon blended with frozen berries...and a teaspoon of peanutbutter blended in the chocolate is great!

Mer...

I just figured out this morning as DH was leaving for Canada that there is a meeting at my daughter's school at 6:30 tonight that I was going to pass off to him. I think it's the same-old same-old as the other 2 kids, but they have had a major change in their ciriculum since my last kid registered for 9th grade, so I'd better show up and see if there is anything new I need to know. Hopefully I can scoot out, but I will at least be late.

What exit is the Borders?

Sue

jump start at the weight loss...i wish! so far i've gained 3 lbs...and that's with drinking under 800 calories a day! nuts. our drinks sound fantastic - i'll have to try some Peanut Butter blended with my slimfast shakes. yum!

Lise...

Liquids were hard, but the 1st 2-3 days are the worst then it does get some better. It gives a great jump start for the weight loss!

My fave things for protien drinks (we use the low-carb whey body-builder type) is to have chocolate, hot with coffee (instant or Internation Coffee type) with SF English toffee or ameretto, or the vanilla or lemon blended with frozen berries...and a teaspoon of peanutbutter blended in the chocolate is great!

Hi Lise.

There are some pictures of my dogs on my myspace....

myspace.com/merrilleesings

I also belong to a great lap band group there. Check it out under MY groups.

Merrillee

oooh my - your babies are toooo cute!!! what little love buttons! seriously - we should get our dogs together for a walk! :crying:

Hi Lise.

There are some pictures of my dogs on my myspace....

myspace.com/merrilleesings

I also belong to a great lap band group there. Check it out under MY groups.

Merrillee

HI everyone.

I'm new to the boards here.

I live in Newcastle, WA and was banded in Mexico on 2/15/08. I'm not sure if I'll get my first fill in Mexico, or if I'll find a place local. I know there are a few places around 40 miles from me that will do fills if you were banded in Mexico. I'm a bit nervous about the fills - after hearing about overfilling and all the discomfort! I'm a sissy!

Anyone else in my area? Where do you get fills? How long ago were you banded? Let's connect!

Lise...

Don't worry about a few pounds right after surgery. I came home almost 10Lbs up, they load you with Fluid for surgery, and your sysatem will retain some fluids just after the trama of surgery. I dropped those extra lbs quickly after.

Mer...

Had fun thurs, always like to gab with people who can relate

Sie

Hey Phyl...

I just decided to take my 2 kids down to Palm Dessert for spring break. My parents are going down for the month of April, so we thought it'd be fun (and warm) to go visit

Sue

Have you ever been down here before??? I just love it! And I got to meet an LBT gal I met here on one of the other threads. We've gotten together a couple of times and she's coming out here to our RV park next weekend.

It's been a cooler and wetter winter than normal, but still better than the cold, rainy PNW!! Weather has been great the last couple of weeks. Just have to put up with the Santa Anna winds a little too frequently!

28_2_9.gif

I was just in Palm Springs in January. My father in law had an emergecy by pass surgery. So we spent a lot of time at Eisenhouser Hospital. Potatie

Not a good way to visit the PS area! Hope he's doing well now. Does he live down here or just "snowbirds" like us??

THANK YOU! Everything went amazingly well and I am feeling great. Even enjoying the liquid diet...beginning to think that slimfast shakes are better than Frapacinos (and a fraction of the calories and fat)!!! So excited that I'm having a hard time sleeping but I'm sure that will pass. :smile2:

So glad you're doing well after your surgery! Keep enjoying those liquids!!

HI everyone.

I'm new to the boards here.

I live in Newcastle, WA and was banded in Mexico on 2/15/08. I'm not sure if I'll get my first fill in Mexico, or if I'll find a place local. I know there are a few places around 40 miles from me that will do fills if you were banded in Mexico. I'm a bit nervous about the fills - after hearing about overfilling and all the discomfort! I'm a sissy!

Anyone else in my area? Where do you get fills? How long ago were you banded? Let's connect!

WELCOME, NewcastleMamma!! I'm in Everett... when I'm home!! Actually, closer to Lake Stevens, but address is Everett.

I'm not well versed on where to get fills, but I heard there's a place in Arlington that folks have been very satisfied with. You'll do fine. Don't worry. I've had three fills, but the last was the end of October just before we "flew" south for the winter! So I have one scheduled for April 14!

YES, I did finally get someone at Hunter's office to give me an appointment but I had to get a little hot under the collar again. I sort of lost it when they were going to take my number so "S......." could call me back!! Yeah, right!! Like I'd already been waiting almost a week for him to call me back! So I got a little huffy and all of a sudden the gal decided she could give me an appointment. The gal I had the most success with has left! They lost a surgeon, too, and DH & I wondering if she went with him.

Hi All! Support group last Thursday was FAB! We've decided to change the time to 6:30 to 8:00-ish from now on..... SO Thursdays at the Gig Harbor Borders cafe from 6:30 to 8:00 pm! Be there if you can! It's a HOOT!

Merrillee

Phyl...

We visited last year for a week, spent part of it in LA & San Diego doing the parks with the kids. We're going to spend 1 day at Disney on our way in, but will have a little more time in PD. I'm actually hoping for warm weather. Before band I hated heat, but I'm alot more compfortable in the heat now that I've got all that extra insulation off of me! My kids are looking forward to the Water park and the street fair, I'm also going to run them down to Mexico for a day, just for the experience.

Sue

Ahhh - my husband and I love Whidbey! We are actually looking for a small summer house in Langley or Freeland. I'm very jealous that you live in my favorite place on earth!

Whidbey Island, being banded in a week and a half.