Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any one in NW WA

Hey Wendy, I just tried to call you on your cell. Hope you're doing better. Keep eating the broth and popcycles. Friday isn't too far. It's worth it to know you're healing properly.

Merrillee

Thanks Wenjea. I have a totally desk job. It is almost so I don't have to get up- which is bad too. I stayed until I felt icky and went home so I feel comfortable in doing that again. The retail construction waits for no one. At least I have a boss that doesn't mind. Well, he does but I don't! I need to heal. I job share so Amber will be in on Wed to help out. Glad I didn't miss out on meeting you. We will have to go to the next one. :eek:

Hi all I'm so glad to hear everyone is doing well. Wendy I know you will start to feel better soon. have not been here for a while thought i would say hi. my body is changing lots i have people saying wow you have lost so much weight it is so nice to hear. and then they say what are you doing to lose all the weight and i tell them i work out and eat small protions which is true but i feel bad that i dont tell them the whole truth, anyone else feel this way?

Hi everyone -

Well - I am off tomorrow to get banded and just wanted to say congrats to today's bandsters and GOOD LUCK to tomorrow's (including me) bandmates!!!

I am exausted from cleaning and packing and am going to bed now. I will be back in touch on Wednesday.

P.S. I really like all the posts from the day of or day after bandsters with all the mispellings =-;.. That will be me on Wednesday!

Yep, Merrillee it's my turn on Thursday. Ready to get on with it.

I did go to support group tonight. it was good. Met alot of people, there just over 20 people there. They are very encouraging, friendly, open group.

The leader was the nutritionist from my ed class today, Laura. She's lively, friendly and knowledgeable. They had a clothing exchange (this was their 1st one) and I came home with several pairs of pants to shrink into. From my one time experience I think this group can be very helpful.

Wendy...I met a gal who live in UP who really wants to walk with us. She was realy nice and we seem to be able to relate in many ways.

ljuht,

best wishes! I'll be thinking of you!

wendy, and pine nut! You guys are doing great! I mean I know stuff hurts but it's worth it right?

Cindy, nice to see you here.

Merrillee, is it you that climbed the hill? thats awesome, I want to feel like that.

Evilah

Hi everyone! Today I feel better! Don't know how much pain meds I will need today, not that I was taking a lot anyway. I really want to walk outside today because it is beautiful out. I actually slept on my side last night without pain, Yea!!!

I went on NWWLS web site and looked at their post op instructions and they get SF pudding and applesauce along with pureed Soup. Would it be cheating if I had some of those? I havn't had a BM in so long I'm thinking I need to get something in my colon, feeling a little toxic! Maybe if I add anything it should be a Protein Shake. Any suggestions?

My insicions look good but are starting to itch like no other! i guess that means they are healing. I worry about not getting enough Water in during the day. My throat is finally feeling better. I think that now that it is day 6 I can finally say it's going to be worth it. BREAKTHROUGH!

Hello everyone -

I am waiting in the hospital for my surgery - turns out my cardiologist did not send in my approval yet to this doctor... they were supposed to fax it in last friday so now I have to wait until their office opens at 9:00 am to get my go ahead!

A little frustrating, but not the end of the worlde - think I am gonna watch a movie on my lap top for now to pass the time.

Wenjea...

So great to turn that corner. Give me a call, i can squeeze in a little walk if you want to get out of the house.

LJUHT115...

That must be really frustrating! Good for you for finding a distraction. For what I've been able to figure I may be in for quite a wait on Thursday...a movie is a great idea.

Sue - Julie will be here this morning/early afternoon so maybe around 2pm. We could walk around the lake at Ft. Steilacoom.. . . .slowly!

Wenjea, SO glad to hear you're feeling better! I could probably walk with you all this afternoon. Let me know for sure. I will try to get my friend, Rachel, to come too!

Pinenut.....can't believe you went to work at all! I was a freakin' mess and totally depended on my family for at leat a week. They were awesome.

Ljuht.....Hopefully you've heard from the cardio by now....saying prayers.

Evilah, Yes, I climbed the big hill behind our house and did not die.....YIPPEE! I've never been able to do that before without stopping constantly! Didn't have to stop even once! A miracle!

Did I tell you all that my total cholesterol is down to 150?!!!! Can't hardly believe it! I've been one of those that hangs seriously around 400 all the time....or more!!!! ANd my triglycerides were only 200.....and they've been as high as 900! This surgery is a gift from God, I tell you!

Merrillee

Hi. I'm from the Olympic Peninsula. I thought I'd check in and let you guys know how it's going. I'm not getting anywhere with approval. We've written a letter to my husband's work appealing the insurance denial. We understand they can approve on a case-by-case basis. The thing is, we sent the letter 4-5 weeks ago. Now playing the waiting game. How the heck do we know they even received it? If it doesn't get approved, I am going to MX (Ortiz).

Ugh, I'm so frustrated at this point, and I'm losing my nerve.

Advice anyone?

Wenjea: I bet it wouldn't hurt at this point to add the applesauce/ The pudding is a nice change, I am also haveing the thick & creamy Yoplait light yogurt. Dr Michaelson says anything that could be pureed to the point you could suck it through aa McDonals straw (the big ones) you can have. You don't have to drink it through a straw though. ;) I mixed my pureed chicken Soup and the pureed stuffing together and YUM. SInce they only do lap bands, I would guess that they are ok with their dietary requirements for lap banders. I have not had any trouble swallowing the foods they recommend.

I don't have nay excuse for the typos....I have them regardless of surgery! HaHa.

I got to work today at 9 and spent lunch lying on the floor. It felt good to not sit up for a bit. I have only had Aleve today too. Day 6?

Wenjea: I bet it wouldn't hurt at this point to add the applesauce/ The pudding is a nice change, I am also haveing the thick & creamy Yoplait light yogurt. Dr Michaelson says anything that could be pureed to the point you could suck it through aa McDonals straw (the big ones) you can have. You don't have to drink it through a straw though. ;) I mixed my pureed chicken Soup and the pureed stuffing together and YUM. SInce they only do lap bands, I would guess that they are ok with their dietary requirements for lap banders. I have not had any trouble swallowing the foods they recommend.

I don't have nay excuse for the typos....I have them regardless of surgery! HaHa.

I got to work today at 9 and spent lunch lying on the floor. It felt good to not sit up for a bit. I have only had Aleve today too. Day 6?

PineNut. I'm having my surgery at NWWLS too, Dr. Montgomery, Did the DR come and fallow up with you after words. I'm so affraid it's guna be a wham bam thank you ma'am kinda deal.

:)

Hi Sue11 - YES - I would definitely bet on a wait - The dr has 7 surgeries today and I am the last at 6-7 pm. I found out you can try and call the day before to see where you are in the line up (although you still have to be here around 5:30 am. Do you have a lap top - if so bring it - they have wireles. Hubby brought me a ton of movies to watch as well...

The cardio info DID show up this morning, thank god I didn't call a bunch of people and throw a stink a bout it since it wasn' delaying anything!!!!!

All is well right now. I am also going to ask dr srikanth if pureeing food that fits through a straw like Soup qualifies as a clear liquid!!!

3-4 more hours and counting.