Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gonna Get To Goal. Wanna Join Me?

My DH and I have switched to cutting out the wheat products and he has lost 3 lbs from it. His blood sugar has also become more normal on most days. We are also reading labels on processed foods and cutting out all products with added sugar. We have gone back to eating things that are none processed. It is so easy to come home, prepare some Protein and throw some veggies in the microwave.....:) For me, I am struggling somewhat..... My niece was selling girl scout Cookies and because I wanted to help her out, I bought 3 boxes.... On the way home I was hungry so I convinced myself that I could have just 1 cookie.... Right, it ended up being almost half the box. :( So I gave the rest to a friend so they wouldn't be in my house. I knew better, I will just give the money and let them have the cookie...Lesson learned. However, I am getting more into Mark's daily apple too.... Thank you swizzly and coops for the info, It's been a great transition for my DH and now I will be more stringent to following his plan.... :)

I'm still on track, coming up on six weeks (hooray!), but feeling a bit frustrated by the stubborn refusal of the scale to reward me for my efforts. sigh....

The good news is, after months of physical therapy on my neck and back, I'm easing back into running again. I've been signed up for a 12K in my home town for awhile now - it's not until May, and I'm getting more optimistic I may feel up to running it!

Just a quick update from me... still doing the primal diet and feeling great - just no movement on the scales! Hubby has now lost a roaring 23lbs - and I am still proud of him but at the same time I am soooo jealous (not my best emotion)!

I am getting really frustrated again by the da*n scale! I really don't want to see 164 any more - although this is now stable and the bounce is just 1-2lb instead of 1-4lb! But still! No movement in nearly 18mths!

Do I really have to chop my leg off to get to goal!! Surely the scale has to move soon... surely!!

Oh please, someone - anyone, give me strength and stop me from free falling into a shed load of chocolate!!

I'm kinda giggling, not cos I don't feel your pain (I DO!!), but cos it's so damn true. My husband has lost like 8-9 kg now (I stopped asking <_< ) just from stopping eating gluten, not even all grains like I do. Damn men. Hmph. I got to my lowest weight, then bounced right back up to normal 70 kg range. Sigh.

But I do feel better from eating primal, so I stick with it. Nearly five months now. Keep up the good work, coops -- see where things go. Breathe deeply and all that. ;)

I've already fallen into the shred load of chocolate.....I'm an emotional eater and with 4 young adults living here in the same house is really hard....so frustrating and when I found an open bag of chocolate chips, I just keep eating them by the handful.. :( So finally emptied them in the sink and washed them down.....they're gone.. whew, that was so hard. Now back to basics. I'm at my high balance of 147 lbs and it's killing me.....

Coops, I would be totally frustrated and thinking about cutting my leg off too so that I could get to goal. I seems unrealistic that your weight gain has stopped before getting to the Dr's goal. they do make they're goal higher. However on a side note, you look fabulous and so SEXY! Your even feeling more energy and healthier to boot....That to me is success.......You are absolutely gorgeous! I love your pic!

I pretty much am eating primal too....I can't do processed foods anymore...It grosses me out with all the toxins that's in the food. My husband went shopping yesterday and bought some apples and pears and I freaked because he won't buy organic. All those pesticides that in the food can also contribute to inflammation and excess stored fat. Our body can't break them down and so we are poisoning ourselves. And grass fed organic meat tastes so much better than other meat.On the primal diet, my husband's diabetes is so much more under control, blood sugar levels are in the normal ranges. He has lost a couple of lbs too. :)

Now back too me.... I am frustrated with my bounce. A doctor told me that I have allergies because my eyelids were really swollen and puffy. I didn't believe her at the time, but now I'm looking back and thinking that I might have developed an allergy for peanuts. I do eat a lot of peanuts on a daily basis.... So today will cut the peanuts out and see where my bounce weight goes. Also will be back to logging every bite I eat on myfitnesspal.com. I had gotten lazy and frustrated with all the fluctuations also. Now it's back to measuring and instead of eating, I plan to get on my threadmill to distract my head hunger..... :) Sorry for the long post and thanks for reading....

I'm soooo glad that I'm not alone!! Bloody men eh?!

The benefits of eating clean and no processed foods are definitely worth the scale being stubborn!

However, I did see 163 this morning... now I don't know if that is a fluke! But I am gonna take it... let us hope that the scale will start going down a little... I would be happy with a pound or two a month as long as the scale was moving!

Skinny, I am really lucky with the head hunger, I don't really get it these days. if I want a 'lil something' I now turn to 70% (and above) dark chocolate. The carb and sugar content is much lower than normal choc but the taste is rich and divine. I think Swizzy also does this? Try it... what harm can it do!

On the nut front, I too have given up peanuts, I used to love them... now I have macadamia nuts instead. A much better quality of nut - I often mix them with dried cranberries... this too is a great go to snack and sometimes I will take a lil pot to work and have them as lunch. Very filling and very tasty!

I have to be honest, we don't always buy organic and grass fed. here in the UK it is double the price and food is already expensive, so we do what we can by going to the local market and try to buy local. Not always doable but we try.

Thanks for the compliments skinny! You are a dream and they came at the right moment, reminded me that I have done well so far and I just need to stay positive and keep on keeping on.

Lets stay strong and remember we are all in this together!

Had my two-year post-op appointment today, and apparently I'm "their perfect patient" (LOL). I've lost more than 90% of excess weight (I'm still aiming for 100% but she swears that is nearly impossible), including >22kg of pure fat (as opposed to water/lean mass, which makes up the rest)...and am in healthy BMI, have perfect blood levels of everything, even have better-than-average bone density (had dexa scan also). So yay! I am happy to have shared the journey thus far with all you lovely people.

Want to add, they tend to exaggerate a bit (eg, 'perfect patient') when they are talking to Americans, cos they think Americans exaggerate everything -- so we won't think we're awesome if they just say, 'well done' in a low-key way. And here's to another 3-5 kg...I still want it... ;)

swizzly... that must of been an amazing feeling... I am loving the 'perfect patient' comment! Oh to be a normal BMI - that, again, must be an amazing feeling!

Congrats on a great two years!!

Don't go away... stay with us! x

Swizzly you are the perfect patient! CONGRATS!

I will not be seeing my surgeon again unless I pay cash, but I did see a different bariatric doctor in Southbay kaiser and he told me I've done really well losing my weight and smiled. He also said I didn't have much loose skin...Then he scheduled me to have my gallbladder taken out on 3/11/13 and do exploratory look at mhy left incision site. I have pain there and all he can see is scar tissue....No biggie.... :)

Thanks! I've never been the 'perfect' ANYTHING, so it was a nice moment. LOL. I'm definitely NOT perfect in any way, so I had to laugh to myself...

Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere -- I do still want to lose 3-5 more kg. :)

Ms S - sorry to hear you have to have your GB out!

I am so at a point where I think that I'm done and just need to eat more.....Blah....

I'm going to continue to strive to eat healthy and see where my body takes me........

Today I felt kinda heavy and blah and took my bs and it was 104 about 30 minutes after eating 2 eggs with cheese.....

So I'm missing my old life, I still have 4 lb Water weight and am cuting back on my salt intake.......drinking more water.....

That's my update, oh and monday is GB removal day.......I think I should loose a couple of lbs there after the iv solution is gone. Cheers everyone!

Hope everyone's doing well.....

We are all so sexy and skinny! Even all the guys out there.....

Hey Skinny,

hope the gall bladder op went well and that you are ok,,, sending you positive vibes from across the pond.

Don't stress the Water thing, I get a 3-4lb bounce all the time now, I have a max of 168 and if I get the that, I panic for a few days and it goes back down.

I saying that, with the primal way of eating I am not seeing that number now... my bounce is lower 163- 166 so, I'll take that.

Please let us know how you get on.

My update is that my TT op is on Thursday! A little sooner than I originally planned but it is all good. Have to go for blood tests in the morning and I'm all clear to have time off work.

I had my consultation last week and the surgeon said I should see good results and that although the skin on the bottom half - the over hang - is knackered (my words lol) the top half is in good order and will give me nice results.

He doesn't want me to have Lipo, apparently when the skin is tightened I have a good woman's shape, they are his words! He also doesn't think I need any muscle repair, but will check when he is doing the op.

So, I am excited, nervous, worried, excited, panicking, excited... you get the picture!

I'll keep you up to date!

OMG coops!!! So soon! I'm so excited for you -- can't wait to hear how it goes. Wishing you a great op and quick recovery! You're gonna be too sexy for us soon. :D

My update is that my TT op is on Thursday!

I'll keep you up to date!

Hurray!!! Best of luck Coops!