Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When You Need Motivation Or Have Qs I'm Happy To Help :)

Yes, majority of my drinking is plain Water. I don't drink much of anything else flavored other than my morning coffee. I also do not count that in my daily totals.

Your best ally in this journey is first going to be patience. Next is positivity. Lastly you must have perseverance. Without these three things, this is not going to be a fun ride. Enjoy your progresses, don't focus so much on the things that aren't showing, rather focus on the things that are. The scale is just a little piece of the puzzle. But what else is working in your favor? How are your clothes fitting? What about your photos, are there differences? Are there people asking/commenting about your weight loss? How do you feel personally? Better? Lighter? So what the scale is being stubborn right now. That does NOT make you a failure. You just have to keep it moving.

Hello ya'll

I've been MIA because my grad school is kicking my a$$ this quarter and I am still pretty weak :)

Next week I am starting a 6 weeks program thru de Y called Biggest loser and I am going to attempt working out 6 times a week...I am still working on getting all my food and Water in, but every day is a new and better day.

I discovered I love better hot tea than cold water and have been hooked on the green tea with pomegrante and cranberries...very good, healthy and tasty...

Stay well and keep positive!

Ela

Definition of Diet: Temporary. Definition of Lifestyle Change: Permanent

Do NOT be discouraged brothers and sisters!! All good things shall come to those who remain steadfast and furious in their efforts. You must FIGHT for anything you see as an importance in your life. Stay positive and keep moving forward!!

Anything worth having is twice as worth fighting for. Likewise, anything we see as a trial is a test. Pass it and the rewards will be worth double.

Diva,

Ok theres a couple things I need to know... Since you have been sleeved for a while I figured you'd be the one to ask.. Soo Ive been reading different posts on this forum and Ive read that after being sleeved some people seem to get angrier, some have to take reflux medication for a while afterwards, and some have a harder time with memory and learning, and some even recomended having their gallbladder removed with sleeve surgery cause it will just go bad anyway. Did/do you have any of these symptoms? Can you give any advice on these topics?

Thanks Diva, you look great by the way!

Diva,

Ok theres a couple things I need to know... Since you have been sleeved for a while I figured you'd be the one to ask.. Soo Ive been reading different posts on this forum and Ive read that after being sleeved some people seem to get angrier, some have to take reflux medication for a while afterwards, and some have a harder time with memory and learning, and some even recomended having their gallbladder removed with sleeve surgery cause it will just go bad anyway. Did/do you have any of these symptoms? Can you give any advice on these topics?

Thanks Diva, you look great by the way!

Hi Dizzle :)

I did deal with a little "angry girl" after surgery. It's usually because all the fat stores are being released rapidly back into our systems as the energy is released from our fat cells. Our brains can't handle it, thus resulting in some pretty wild mood swings. It doesn't last forever (thank goodness!!).

I do have to still take Prilosec (I actually take Zegerid), but I did have reflux issues pre sleeve too. There's really know way for me to know if its due from my sleeve or if maybe its left over from my lap band days.

As far as the memory and learning, I did have to endure this for awhile. I personally think a lot had to do with my severely decreased caloric and nutritional intake. Now that I'm eating more balanced and more calories, and not having such a negative intake/out take things are back to normal for me mentally.

I still have my gall bladder (thank you Jesus!) and thus far things are working well. I will not have my GB removed unless it is medically necessary.

HTH!! Thank you for your support!

Persistent

Outstanding

Stand-up

Indestructible

Tolerant

Incredible

Victorious

Esteemed

LMD,

My doc hasn't cleared me for jogging or high impact exercising yet. I would like to start back with Yoga, but I don't know if the stretching would be bad for my stomach. Any thoughts?

LMD,

My doc hasn't cleared me for jogging or high impact exercising yet. I would like to start back with Yoga, but I don't know if the stretching would be bad for my stomach. Any thoughts?

Well, your surgery date was barely 3 weeks ago... I would not suggest yoga yet!! Believe me, I understand - I hate being out from my workouts. However, I think it would be best to wait 6-8 weeks to recover before trying anything like Yoga. It does require a lot of stretching, balance and muscle strength to do. :) Hugs my dear friend, in time you will be able to enjoy Yoga again.

Hey Lil Miss Diva, what exercise would you recommend at such

Hey Lil Miss Diva, what exercise would you recommend at such an early stage

Hey Lil Miss Diva, what exercise would you recommend at such

Hey Lil Miss Diva, what exercise would you recommend at such an early stage

The only exercises I recommend up to about 6-8 weeks post op is simply walking. :) Some sleevers do progress faster than others. If that's the case I advise anyone to ask their Medical Staff if they can handle anything more. Good luck!!

The first ingredient in success is positivity. The first ingredient in positivity is a good self esteem. The first ingredient in a good self esteem is happiness. The first ingredient in happiness is success.