Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When You Need Motivation Or Have Qs I'm Happy To Help :)

One high calorie day a failure does not make. Dust yourself off and move on. Forgiveness of yourself you will find will be the most powerful motivator in your weight loss journey. The only day you will ever be a failure is the day you give up.

I want to join Team LilMissDiva too!!

Hi Natural!

I'm happy to assist anyone who has questions or concerns anytime! If you ever need anything, just post a question here for me and I'll see what I can do. I don't know everything but just posing it someone around reading it is bound to know. Sometimes too we just need to vent or get something off our chest. My communication line is always open!!!

Strong willed, strong mind, strong heart - can't be broken. Only the strong survive, and I'm determined to do that.

In every individual journey each person has the choice to either take the positive road or the not so positive one. No, I didn't always view everything with rose colored glasses, but I didn't want to constantly compare myself to others and wonder if I'm "keeping up". I lost just as fast as I was meant to lose. Today I am well past goal. Some lost faster, some not as fast... doesn't really matter. I'm here, and that's what does.

Excuses. Lose those and you will lose the weight.

Real change starts from the inside out!! You have to believe you are worth all the pain it takes to reach your goals. This ride isn't easy, it's not for the faint of heart. But for as long as MY hearts still beating, I'm still going to enjoy the ride!!

Ok Sign me up!! Now I do have a question... I had 108 lbs. to lose. I have lost about 60 in 5 months. but most of that was the first 4 months. For the past couple of months my weight loss has really been slow. Less than a 1/2 lb. a week, some weeks none. What should I expect now that I have lost about half my weight? I find myself getting frustrated with the slow loss... to the point I have broken my diet. I do have to say the clementines were good... and very sweet but according to my doctor I should not be eating fruit yet. I have tried changing up the exercise... restricting carbs and increasing them but nothing seems to put this weight loss thing back in gear. Any ideas?

Khy

Ok Sign me up!! Now I do have a question... I had 108 lbs. to lose. I have lost about 60 in 5 months. but most of that was the first 4 months. For the past couple of months my weight loss has really been slow. Less than a 1/2 lb. a week, some weeks none. What should I expect now that I have lost about half my weight? I find myself getting frustrated with the slow loss... to the point I have broken my diet. I do have to say the clementines were good... and very sweet but according to my doctor I should not be eating fruit yet. I have tried changing up the exercise... restricting carbs and increasing them but nothing seems to put this weight loss thing back in gear. Any ideas?

Khy

You're right on track, most of us will lose about half our excess weight in the first 4-5 months. After that, it's pretty much going to be mostly our hard work and determination that will get us to our goals. Once you get within 30 Lbs of your normal weight, you will find it extremely more difficult. Based on your goal, it looks like you are pretty close to that. Keep in mind too, you are going to be left with a lot of shrunken fat cells and some excess skin. Believe it or not, this has some weight attached to it.

The only things you can really do is keep bumping up your workouts (more intense, more time added), continue to intake plenty of Water, eat low(er) carb or stick to complex carbohydrates, I agree try to avoid many fruits right now, eat a lot of green vegetables, and stick to the lean Protein first rule. If you have to, getting further out you might need to start measuring your food again. Also, I started to have to log my food intake because I found I was grazing a little too much.

The number one rule however for me was always, have patience. Keep doing all the right things and in time you will reach your goals. Good luck!!! It will happen when it was meant to happen. Can't ever rush a good thing. ;)

I choose action... not reaction.

Today I am living the THIN dream. I completely and whole heartedly accept this. I will maintain positivity constantly to keep it. I will not allow my addiction to food to take this away from me. I will continuously work hard every day to stay fit and maintain my good health. This is my promise to myself for the rest of my life!!

I have a question......forgive me....why don't we drink n eat? Is it because we don't want to fill up on liquids...I know its crazy n I should know this. I had surgery on Nov 8, I've lost 32 lbs. I feel like I'm losing really slow. I think I need some inspiration.....love it here!!!!

Hello everyone,

I am one week post up and really need a support group to guide me thru this wonderful adventure. I am "learning" my new limits and still on the liquid diet after op...when did everyone start exercising? Biggest struggle right now is to drink 64oz of fluids between my shakes and Water...

Any ideas, advices for a "beginner"?

I am so excited about 2012!

Ela

I have a question......forgive me....why don't we drink n eat? Is it because we don't want to fill up on liquids...I know its crazy n I should know this. I had surgery on Nov 8, I've lost 32 lbs. I feel like I'm losing really slow. I think I need some inspiration.....love it here!!!!

Lillypad68,

my doctor said that if drinking while eating the food will transition faster into the small intestine. He wants me to eat the Protein first then the veggies with no Water for 1 hour from the time I start eating.

Hi Lilypad! The reason we are instructed not to drink and eat at the same time is because adding Water will help break down the food in your sleeve, aiding in faster digestion. It's believed that one should not drink any fluids for about an hour after eating solid meals. This has proven true to myself. Also, if I drink any fluids too soon after eating it is simply uncomfortable for me, it makes my throat hurt. :(

Also, I don't see you're losing too slowly. Everyone loses at their own pace and as long as you ARE losing then you're doing just fine. No worries on that part! Hang in there... time passes and pounds drop!! Hugs!!

Hello everyone,

I am one week post up and really need a support group to guide me thru this wonderful adventure. I am "learning" my new limits and still on the liquid diet after op...when did everyone start exercising? Biggest struggle right now is to drink 64oz of fluids between my shakes and water...

Any ideas, advices for a "beginner"?

I am so excited about 2012!

Ela

Hi Ela! I started exercising immediately post op - however it was walking only. In fact I didn't really start getting back to hardcore workouts until 4 months out. I could've started at 2 months out per my Surgeons instructions, but I felt tired a lot. Funny thing, once I did start working out like I normally would, I got all my energy back... something to think about. Don't be afraid to get back to your program, though make sure you're following your Surgeons directions too. There's a reason we need to take the time to heal!

As far as fluids, just do the very best you can. I constantly keep Water bottles full and near me. Even this far out I have to remind myself to drink. I can easily get far more than 64 oz in, but I still have to have my water bottles close at hand or I'll never get it in. I'll forget. I set a schedule for myself that I'll drink 20 oz during my morning workout, 32 more oz by noon, 32 more oz by time I go home from work... etc... that is how I stayed on track and sometimes I have to force myself to drink. I don't feel good if I don't though so it's worth the effort.

Be VERY excited!!! You have so much to look forward to!! Xoxo