Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Eating Out -- What Do You Eat?

You should be on soft foods at least by then. Fish will be your friend. chicken, very moist and well chewed is good also. Soup will almost always be ok. cheese if they have apps.

I'm planning our company retreat now. We eat at pretty high end places (it's a reward for the team). I was sure to incorporate things I could eat in the menu's which are sitting right here in front of me (I'll be at week 9 from the first surgery and 3 from the second...I started pureed/well chewed foods this week). So I have things like Alaskan Halibut, King Salmon, Stewed chicken (it's called something fancier), Potato's, Panna Cotta, Soft cheeses, Scallops, tuna tartare, Lobster and Crab Cakes, (not deep fried) steak tartare, roasted Tomato Soup with parmesan....does that give you any ideas?

My surgeon does not require I watch carbs so that makes it easier. I think for a conference I'd not worry about that and be sure to have some back up food just in case. I am taking yogurt and some Protein powder if I need a boost during the day. I drink iced tea mostly, but will sip a bit of wine during the event. Unlike you, everyone knows I had the surgery (not intentional but it was hard to hide 22 days in hospital) so I have a bit easier time than you. Talk a lot, nibble and enjoy it. Six weeks out should be an easier time than my 3/9 LOL

Thanks Iggychic for these suggestions! They all sound great, however I am allergic to shell fish, so some won't work for me. I'm sure I will make it work. I just know everyone will wonder why I'm eating so little. Also In the past I have been know as the desert queen! Everyone is going to wonder what's up by the end of the week if not sooner.

There is an app called calorie count and it gives u really good info about the restaurant s and what to eat , I like low cal, low sugar, high Protein, , trust me , a whole new world for me,. From cheese burgers

There is an app called calorie count and it gives u really good info about the restaurant s and what to eat ' date=' I like low cal, low sugar, high Protein,, trust me , a whole new world for me,. From cheese burgers[/quote']

I don't find many of those programs cover higher end restaurants unfortunately. Applebees yes, but not RN74.

I wanted to let the op know that I did well and had no issues this weekend. I had the foods I mentioned earlier, and last night I had bolonaise with potatoes and just chewed really well. It was made with rabbit and was very tender. Quite yummy, I had a small scoop of coffee gelato (normal serving) and enjoyed it. The night at RN74 I had about half the panacotta and it sat just fine on my tummy. The big issue that made things easier was likely that we had very long dinners (RN74 was five hours) so I was basically having two meals during the dinner :) I ate a bite or few of everything but the salads (which you should avoid as well) and I even sipped on wine (it was all food pairings) and it went well. I feel great and have lost two lbs over a weekend of lovely indulgences. I have to say cheese was my biggest friend. I didn't worry about fat content and ate cheese at the winery afternoon which got me through. I also ate the toppings off of pizza at one, but no bread. Its far too early to eat bread for both of us!! Ohhhh and octopus was lovely LOL

I don't have a clue how to record these in my fitness pal lol so I just made notes, but I listened to my body carefully and stopped when I had a feeling I needed to. I also took it SLOW SLOW SLOW

Isnt is just amazing how different we all are?

Thank goodness my sleeve,just like the band,tends to not like eating in public.lol

I order what I want.Eat at most 4 bites of the Protein and voila,I am full.Sometimes I really want more but I know I just cannot.They remove the food and I am not tempted anymore.

Should I have had some of the carbs in between I believe I would have been able to eat more but I dont want to be able to do that.Restaurant food, no matter which end one it is,is always more fattening than the food we mindfully prepare at home so a little is already more.

We are going on a long weekend and I have been thinking about this all week as of course I am tempted to just relax and be for a few days.

But my new life motto is Protein first,lol, so it will stay that way.

The cocktails I dont know about!Lying on the beach all day,just chilling....what am I going to do?If there was a freezer in the mini bar I would have taken some sf popcicles with,couldnt care what anyone thinks.

Anyhow,I love eating out now more than before as I dont have to worry too much about the self control thing I never had before.and thank goodness I cannot tolerate even a little bit of sugar anymore,dont know why I just cant.

Enjoy the caviar!