Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Boston Sleevers!

Hello Boston!!

Lets have some fun! My name Is Nicole and I started this group for Bostonians! I figured since it took me over a year to get in the weight Center At MGH their has to be some Sleevers out their who would like to chat about what happening in their lives. Please shair what ever you like !! well almost anything!! lol

Hi!

I just had my appt with my surgeon at B&WH this week! I have my appt for January! I hate to wait so long! I was originally going to do the lap band but have decided I am going to do the sleeve! Is everyone happy with the sleeve? HOw much weight have you lost?

Hi Dee,

I'm very happy with the sleeve decision, I'm just over 3 months post op & I've lost 73lbs. I feel great, especially now that my clothes sizes have gone down dramatically & the results are visible.

My experience has been great, just following exactly what the nutrionists suggests. There are things that I still have not worked back into my diet as a personal choice such as breads, pastas & rice. I've learned to live without these things for the past 3 months & it something I've chose to keep out of my diet ... I feel like that has helped me with the weight loss; eventually I may try those things again, but they're something that I just don't crave anymore. I haven't hit a plateau in my weight loss (knock on wood), honestly I think it's because I really watch what I eat. I try to keep my sugar intake to a minimum, I will not eat anything that has more than 8 grams of sugar ... with an exception on my birthday I treated myself to a small sliver of cake.

The only thing I've started going through over the last month or so is hair loss, hopefully it will stop soon. This is the best decision I've made, I always think I wish I had done it years ago ... then I think the sleeve wasn't around back then & the other surgery options were not something I was interested in.

Good luck with your journey, I wish you well. Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheryl

Hi Dee

Welcome!! My Name is Nicole I had WLS at MGH on 12/21. I am doing really great! I

'v lost 50lbs so far and loving every min of it! pleases keep Boston sleever posted on your progress.. and question coments .. feel free to post!! its great having more Boston Sleever!! Nicole

Hi everyone! I will be getting sleeved on May 16th at MGH. I can't wait!

Thats Great ! Congrads! I was just @ Mgh for a check-up on Tuesday!! lol

Who is your Dr. ?

Dr. Meireles

He was my Dr. too!! I love him.. Hes very nice!

Thats awesome! Its so good to find someone else that has him for a surgeon! I was a little nervous because I haven't been able to find much about him, (of course I googled the heck out of him! hahaha but he seems very knowledgeable and has told me that he has done several VSG's.

He's always made me feel very confortable.. he did mine on 12/21/11 I had no problems.. he very sweet if you have and questions dont be afarid to ask him. He likes questions.. lol most dr's dont take the time with you but he does. He came to see me before surgery and while I was waiting for my OR room to open and came by to see me a day or so after. If you have any question please feel free to ask me. I know its nice to have someone who's already done this. you can just email me or if you need to chat I can give you my number feel free to call!

Awesome thank you! I just PM'd you :D

Hi All,

I was sleeved on 11/28/12....also at MGH w/Dr. Meireles. I am down 43 lbs. so far and SO HAPPY! Still struggling getting the required amount of fluids in each day, but I'm working on it. How is everyone else doing?

Hi I just had my sleeve on 1/14/14. Finding it hard to get my fluids in. Protein Drinks take forever. Had it done at bwh/Faulkner. Thanks for starting group.