Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello..

I had sleeve surgery on Tuesday the 18th. The surgery went fine, textbook. What SOME people dont tell is the real truth. It's not for someone looking for a quick fix. I see on here where people are shoving burgers in their mouths, eating whatever days and weeks after surgery. Why go through all this to fail This is the hardest thing I've ever done. I had my gallbladder removed 8 years ago and it was a breeze. The hysterectomy was quite difficult. Due to my past weight it took 12 weeks to heal. The pain was horrible. I have a very low pain threshold anyway and it bothered me the entire 12 weeks.

Now on to the sleeve. My left side is somewhat sore. I'm learning to sleep sitting up. Its hard to get up and very painful when I try when laying down. My new tummy is making all kinds of sounds. I'm trying to keep my spirits up. Lost a so called friend because of the surgery. I REFUSE to stay fat to make her fat feel comfortable. Before surgery I was already smaller than she is anyway. I was warned that this may happen. I just figured after all these years of friendship she would at least support me even if she didn't agree. WOW!! wrong was I. That made me a bit depressed. I had to do this for me. I got out the hospital yesterday, last night was my 1st night home. I spent it alone, texting my supportive friend and talking with my Mom who is 1000% on my side. It made me cry when she said she was proud of me for losing before surgery. Got a few hours of sleep. Got up, took a shower and called my Dr. Dr Kennedy to ask about the pain on my side and was told that it was normal. She had me to remove the pain cath in my tummy since all the meds were in my system. It was scary but I didn't feel a thing. Cleaned up the 2 tiny holes with some saline and had some skinny Water and sugar free freeze pop. Went for a 30 minute walk outside. Took the 3 flights of stairs back into my apt. All the while in pain. On pain meds but trying not to use too much. Drinking, water, Protein Shakes, eating greek yogurt (it's wonderful w/ splenda) had a few teaspoons of baby food meats on my stage 1 diet. Took my other meds and some of the Vitamins we have to take for life. All this for what??? To be a healthy weight. Climb stairs, fell better than I have all my life. I changed my eating habits for life. No more Blue Bell ice cream, been off that over a year, no more sugar Snacks off that for 5 months. No more grazing, been off that for 5 months. No more allowing food to be my friend been off that 5 months too. God is good. It's hard but I'm determined not to fail. I taught myself to drive in 3 days... Shucks. I can do this too. I'm trying to remember to sip...sip..sip... Congrats too all my sleeve family. God Bless you.

post-15883-13813657735251_thumb.jpg

post-15883-13813657735489_thumb.jpg

i cant say anything other than god bless you! <3

What a amazing blog...I loved it! I can relate to all of this! :)

I lost a very dear friend too... FOOD! I had a nice long talk with it and we came to a mutual understanding that I will only eat what is good for my body...all other has to go. We agreed that I will no longer eat when I am happy..sad or indifferent. With this...I have lost 53 pounds BEFORE surgery, which is 10 days away. :)

Like you...I am doing this for ME! I am the strongest person I know...and I KNOW like I KNOW....I will be a success with this tool (VGS)! I exercise daily...move more...and obey all the doctors orders. So...I am confident that all will go well with the surgery and the post op!

Keep up the great work and stay positive! God Bless!

Congrats to you and friendships post-op have been difficult for me. You are just boarding onto the best ride of your life. Some dips but mostly you will be touching the clouds.

Thank you everyone for your replies. The pain in my side is not as bad as it was and I feel so much better. I'm happy to be among people who understand. We can do it. We will do it and most of all we are doing it. Take it easy, do what your Doc says, stay away from negative people, place, things, situations, feelings, and most of all PEOPLE. God Bless you all and thank you again!!! SIP.. SIP...SIP!!

Hello..

I had sleeve surgery on Tuesday the 18th. The surgery went fine, textbook. What SOME people dont tell is the real truth. It's not for someone looking for a quick fix. I see on here where people are shoving burgers in their mouths, eating whatever days and weeks after surgery. Why go through all this to fail This is the hardest thing I've ever done. I had my gallbladder removed 8 years ago and it was a breeze. The hysterectomy was quite difficult. Due to my past weight it took 12 weeks to heal. The pain was horrible. I have a very low pain threshold anyway and it bothered me the entire 12 weeks.

Now on to the sleeve. My left side is somewhat sore. I'm learning to sleep sitting up. Its hard to get up and very painful when I try when laying down. My new tummy is making all kinds of sounds. I'm trying to keep my spirits up. Lost a so called friend because of the surgery. I REFUSE to stay fat to make her fat feel comfortable. Before surgery I was already smaller than she is anyway. I was warned that this may happen. I just figured after all these years of friendship she would at least support me even if she didn't agree. WOW!! wrong was I. That made me a bit depressed. I had to do this for me. I got out the hospital yesterday, last night was my 1st night home. I spent it alone, texting my supportive friend and talking with my Mom who is 1000% on my side. It made me cry when she said she was proud of me for losing before surgery. Got a few hours of sleep. Got up, took a shower and called my Dr. Dr Kennedy to ask about the pain on my side and was told that it was normal. She had me to remove the pain cath in my tummy since all the meds were in my system. It was scary but I didn't feel a thing. Cleaned up the 2 tiny holes with some saline and had some skinny Water and sugar free freeze pop. Went for a 30 minute walk outside. Took the 3 flights of stairs back into my apt. All the while in pain. On pain meds but trying not to use too much. Drinking, Water, Protein shakes, eating greek yogurt (it's wonderful w/ splenda) had a few teaspoons of baby food meats on my stage 1 diet. Took my other meds and some of the Vitamins we have to take for life. All this for what??? To be a healthy weight. Climb stairs, fell better than I have all my life. I changed my eating habits for life. No more Blue Bell ice cream, been off that over a year, no more sugar Snacks off that for 5 months. No more grazing, been off that for 5 months. No more allowing food to be my friend been off that 5 months too. God is good. It's hard but I'm determined not to fail. I taught myself to drive in 3 days... Shucks. I can do this too. I'm trying to remember to sip...sip..sip... Congrats too all my sleeve family. God Bless you.

Hi Butterfly... well said! you appear to have the right attitude. I see this as a second chance too, and why eat burgers when there are so many other tasty things to eat? I did this for me too! I had my sleeve on 5 weeks ago, in London UK and I'm feeling great. I kept it quiet from a lot of people as I didnt want any negativity before my op. Some people say,, how do you live without eating juicy steak? I reply I was a veggie before op and I used to make Soup, it's just the same really. So sorry you lost your friend's support. I didn't tell my boyfriend because he liked me fat, I dumped him just a few weeks before the op, because I got fed up with him telling me I was gorgeous, when I was so unhappy! I couldn't lye down for the 1st week, but eventually I could, I'm still a bit tender on my left side and dont like to lye on the left. IThere is only one problem I have and that is I cant drink enough water/liquids, there is just no room! take care I look forward to reading your posts. DidZ xxx

i

Butterfly - - Shame on your friend! I too am going with this where my choice to have a better life has created an issue with my best friend. While I can sympathize with her challenges about her own weight, why would you bring me down and make me feel bad about my decision? The instant - "what about me?" filled her mind and she actually had the nerve to tell me well, "great, I'll be the only fat one left in the family." (She's my best friend and cousin.)

For years I have been heavier and can't stay fat because her personal image will be different now. It's sad and definitely wasn't the reaction I had hoped for. All too familiar with me - don't feel bad! We are fortunate to see that life style changes are necessary and we're bettering our lives. We cannot stay fat to save the feelings of other people.

Congrats on your decision and chin up! Your friend will either have to come around and deal with it or lose a great friendship with you. HER LOSS!

HEY ,THIS IS JIMMY .THE GUY THAT WAS AFTER YOUR GROUP TO HAVE SURGURY.THE ONE THAT WAS A LITTLE SICK.I AM HOME NOW ,HAPPY LIKE YOU SAID I DID IT FOR ME.DOING GOOD ,A LITTLE SORE BUT IT WAS WELL WORTH IT.BEST WISHES TO A BETTER LIVE JIMMY

Hello all again...

Today was a better day than yesterday. I was in a lot of pain. Today not so much. Drove for the 1st time since last Monday. I just cant seem to get enough fluids in. I'm trying. I dont want to end back in the hospital. I hated being hooked up to all that stuff. Dr. Kennedy required heart monitors, hourly checks from the nurses and blood work every single day. She's a good doc. Anyway about friendships, well my dear Granny and Mother told me a long time ago, that I would never be alone as long as I have Jesus and He will never leave you. In the wee hours of the night when I'm all alone He's here. My sorry soon to be EX-HUSBAND... didn't even wait around for me to wake up after surgery. At least he showed up and nagged me the whole time they were hooking me up saying I'm pretty already. Well so what... Been told that, know that. Tired of hearing you're pretty for a full figured woman. Beauty is only skin deep anyway, so what again...... I'm still fat and that is just not good enough. I do not want to be fat. I'm not going to be fat to make someone else happy. I'm doing it for me, it's all about you in your journey and it's all about me in mine. I have taken control of me. No longer caring about who's not on board. I have no room anyway for people who want me to go along to boost their ego's and self image. If a person has to hang around heavy people to feel good, they have some very serious problems. I got a new tummy to baby sit, not gonna fill it with regrets and negatives. Some may say I'm getting a lil self centered.. AND.... Me being a healthy weight has nothing to do with that. I gave up the love of my life food... Now I'm the love of my life!! Take care all and sip.. sip..sip....

Butterfly I love your attitude!....I am two weeks away and I am pretty nervous but excited going to Mexico alone hubby has to watch the kids..Good Luck on your journey my sleeve sister....My husband has not been supportive like he use too... I pray that my weight loss will not cause problems in our 16 year marriage :mellow: . I think he is insecure with himself but now that I am having my surgery and my date is getting closer he has been at the gym working out hard...LOL so thatj's a good thing we can loose weight together.. :D

Sorry about your BFF that is the main reason why I have not and will not tell anyone besides my hubby about my surgery...don't have time for the negative comments...

HELLO ,JUST KEEP THE ATTITUDE YOUR DOING THIS FOR YOUR HEALTH AND PERSAVERANCE .I WENT BY MY SELF ,THERE WHERE NO PROBLEMS BETWEEN THE STAFF AND THE ONES HAVING IT DONE ALONG WITH YOU YOU WILL HAVE ALL KINDS OF WELL MEANING SUPPORT.HAD MY SLEEVE PUT IN ON OCT 19 2011 I AM HOME AND DOING GOOD .DROVE 100 MILES FROM AIRPORT TO MY HOME WITH NO PROBLEM .WISHING YOU WELL BAMAWADE JIMMY :Dutterfly I love your attitude!....I am two weeks away and I am pretty nervous but excited going to Mexico alone hubby has to watch the kids..Good Luck on your journey my sleeve sister....My husband has not been supportive like he use too... I pray that my weight loss will not cause problems in our 16 year marriage :mellow: . I think he is insecure with himself but now that I am having my surgery and my date is getting closer he has been at the gym working out hard...LOL so thatj's a good thing we can loose weight together.. :D

Sorry about your BFF that is the main reason why I have not and will not tell anyone besides my hubby about my surgery...don't have time for the negative comments...