Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Sandy,

good to hear from a sister sleever. You will be one day ahead of me, I'll think about you on Tuesday. Where are you from and tell us a little something yourself!

In fact all us sleeve sisters should. I have sent a private e-mail to a couple and told them about me.. but I will post it here since we are all becoming family now!!

I am 53 years old, I weight 233 (down another pound from this diet), I live in rural North Georgia. I live on a farm, my hubby use to be a full time farmer but we got out before we were bankrupt. He has been in insurance for 25 years. We still live on the family farm, we have cattle, 4 horses, 1 goat as a companion for a very old horse, 4 bird dogs, and some chickens. My passion is trailriding! We trailride every Saturday, in fact we are leaving in the morning (probably 3-4 am) going to North Carolina trail riding for 5 days. I will come back to work for 2 days , I am a High School secretary in the discipline office.

My hubby and I were on WW he lost 60 lbs and I lost 18.... he has gone on to lose over 100lbs... I cannot lose it.. so sleeve here I come!! He is extremely supportive! in fact he really will be a lifesaver when it comes to helping me... he cooks and will not only cook for himself but will help me fix my mushy foods!!

Rhonda

Hello Sleeve Sisters,

I just wanted to say I started my liquid diet on Monday the 24th and it's not been easy but I am determine to work it out, because I want it to work out. I just have been praying asking God for strength, because I need Him to get through this. I go see my surgeon on Thursday 27th. After that then I’ll be waiting on approval and I am praying that I'll be approve in November. So, I am glad for all you ladies for your approval and I would like to be a part of the November Sleeved.

Here’s my person email address iminlovewithjesus1@yahoo.com

God Bless you all.

Gina

Thanks girls for all the well wishes. Well, my story is; I am 48 years old, married and mom to 2 beautiful girls age 11 & 14. I have been dieting since I was 6 years old. My mom was heavier and obsessed with weight, so she always had a new fad diet to try. I have gained and lost probably 3 people in my lifetime. Last big weightloss was when I got married 15 years ago. I lost 80 lbs dieting and exercising but gained it all back and some when I got pregnant. Back in 2006 my intestine ruptured and I needed to have an emergency colostomy. Luckily I only had to have the "bag" for 9 months. Then I got pulmonary embolisms, and 2 hernias (both surgically fixed). So since then I joined a gym and I work out with cardio and weight training 4+ times a week. I can't even buy a 1 lb weightloss. I've given up coffee, carbs, potatoes, sweets, chips, you name it. Nothing helps. So I am hoping the sleeve will finally be the answer for me. My husband is a great guy, but not really supportive of me getting this surgery. He loves me the way I am....but I don't. He loves to eat but I want to be thin and healthy. My mom isn't really supportive either but she just doesn't understand this whole procedure and how it can help. Thank God for this forum to get the support I desperately need, especially this week. Thank you all for listening and caring. My email is mizwilly10@aol.com. Go November sleevers and the ones who want to sleeved in November. Good luck to us all. ;)

Sandy good luck tomorrow 11/1... what a wonderful daya for you.. some others of us will be going under the knife on Wednesday 11/2.

My hubby and I went on a mini vacation for the last 5 days. We took the horses and rode in the mountains of North Carolina. It was wonderful to get away right before the surgery, it kept my mind busy with enjoyment. My last meal (I cheated some) was a filet mignon that hubby cooked to perfection! a small amt of baked potato and some asparagus sauted w/butter and garlic.. yummy. now I have gone back to the shakes... I only cheated twice on my 2 weeks of shakes and tried my best to make my cheating high protein! so maybe they won't fuss too much!

Well, I'm back at work playing catch up and need to try and get ahead for my surgery on Wednesday. I am planning to be out Wed---Fri. I plan to come back on Monday even if I have to just stay 1/2 day. I know I will be dragging, but here at work there are a couple of things that just need to get done.. then I will probably go home each day!

Rhonda

What time is everyone's surgery tomorrow? I am alittle bummed because I was scheduled for 7amthe and they just called me and told me they will bae doing me at 2:45pn!!!! Boooo!!!

I found out yesterday that I'm scheduled for 12:30 Nov 9th. I have to be at the hospital by 10:30. They say it will take 2-3 hours to be sleeved. About 1 1/2 hours in recovery and I'll be released Thursday by 12:30. My liquid diet has been been ok. I'm remaining focused and determined to make my surgery as easy as possible. Does anybody think that there is a difference in pain/gas with those who have the pre-op liquid diet and those who don't?--Blessings2u--BJ

Haven't heard from any banana babes lately. How is everyone doing with their sleeves???

Hi all. I have done great w/my surgery. In fact I had no gas pain and no real pain at all!! I had some discomfort but that felt like I had done a bunch of sit-ups. I have been back at work a couple of 1/2 days then yesterday I was full day. I was tired by the end of the day but fine.... I am looking forward to the weekend tho!

My doctor was great/ my hospital stay was wonderful! and so far I have lost 7 lbs since surgery! for a total of 17 lbs total since starting the pre-op shakes. so I can already feel a difference in my clothes.

Rhonda

Rhondalynn...I am in North Ga also and plan on using Dr. Scott! (pending approval and all) I was wondering if you could maybe give me a little more info on what to expect from him?! I havent met with him yet but I plan on it next week. Thanks :)

Im also going to send you a private message if possible. (Im kinda new here and never have sent one before)