Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yahoo! I'm in the FINAL STRETCH!!!

lsereno
Sign in to follow this  

Hi all,

Today I weighed 165 (Not reflected on my ticker: I only update it once per week on Fridays). I have exactly 30 lbs. to go to my goal: 135 and a BMI of 21.8!! I'm so excited. It's been about four and half months since my surgery date. I'm scared of the inevitable slow down in losing as more time passes and I get closer to goal. I have noticed I am getting hungrier. Nothing like pre-op thank goodness!

I'm working out 6 days a week and sticking pretty close to my program guidelines.

I'm participating in the Halloween Challenge and I check in there every Friday. I missed last Friday because we were gone on vacation and I didn't have access to a scale.

I'm hoping to be at goal at 8 months from my surgery date. That's assuming I can continue a 10 lb. per month weight loss. I think 9 months may be more realistic, what with the holidays and a planned trip to Japan in December.

I have not weighed 135 since the late 80s. My joints still hurt a bit and I'm hoping these last 30 lbs. will help that. I'm already off my blood pressure meds and high cholesterol med.

Currently, I'm wearing medium tops and size 12 pants. The pants are a little baggy, but I'm going to wait a few weeks before buying new ones.

I am finally feeling like my pre-surgery self in terms of energy. It took me longer than many on the board. Now, I'm hoping to feel more energetic in the months to come. What with nearly 90 lbs. gone since beginning the pre-op diet, I should be way more energetic!

30 lbs and counting!

Lynda

Congratulations on your success so far! I'm just sure you're going to meet your goals. :-)

I came to this group because like you, I am in the final stretch! I will be six months out on Wednesday and have lost 92 pounds. I am thrilled! I am about 25 pounds from goal (my surgeon and I are going to decide on my goal on 11/15 but it was 160 when I started, and that is 28 pounds). I find the weioght coming off more slowly now, and also find it harder to stay on task- not that I eat lots of crap but I don't copletely stay rigid with, mostly the low carbs. I over around 40 net carbs most days but sometimes edge up to 60 and then I do not lose. SO I neet a to push to do this! I work out a lot- I walk an hour a day and I do six pool aerobics classes a week. I am adding 2 pool classes to help in this push. I am hoping we can support each other here in getting the job DONE!