Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bought a new Mtn Bike today

I used to be an avid rider.....before I got fat and lazy I would usually log 20-30 miles a night on pavement and 2 times a week 15 miles or so on heavy cross country hilly terrain. It rocked and I loved it...which when it comes to excercise I think it helps if you love what you are doing.

trance306g.jpg

I also bought a mountain bike about 2 months ago, I ride about 10 miles a day right now, I'm training to ride 30 mile ride by next year. I love riding especially since I discovered the channels that run to the beach.

I just got back from riding......wow am I out of shape.

10 miles....and I was out of gas.... :help:

I think my 1500 calorie a day intakes aren't helping the stamina but such is life. :heh:

I can't wait to start grinding out the miles again.

:eek:

I would love to ride my bike more than I do. The one thing that stops me is the seat... it is soooooooooo uncomfortable. Its a good bike $$$$ the seat is on springs like and it is cushiony but OUCH! still hurts.

Congrats on finding your love again :eek:

I would love to ride my bike more than I do. The one thing that stops me is the seat... it is soooooooooo uncomfortable. Its a good bike $$$$ the seat is on springs like and it is cushiony but OUCH! still hurts.

I feel you with the seat thingy,not friendly to the female parts. I bought this gel seat cover thing, and it is a little better, but I have found the pain eventually goes away with consistency.

It will hurt for a week or two but if you stick to it then your body adapts and you won't hurt a bit. The key is to stick to it the first few weeks. You could also try a Gel Seat they sell in most bike stores or even Wal Mart has em for some extra help.

Well I must admit I enjoy the stationary bike in the gym. Does that mean that I don't belong in this thread??? My excuse for not riding outside is that the area has so much traffic - you can't go any distance without hitting a potential deathtrap. when i am in the gym i can go as fast or as hard as i like, the AC is on, and i don't have to wear that annoying helmet!

Walmart! Has A Great ( Gell ) Seat For Twenty Dollers.its Made By Bell I Think I Can Go Outside And Look At Mine.

Made By Bell.(gell Tech), Also Please Buy Your Self A Helmit It Saved My Life Last Week! Take Care God Bless And Have Fun Riding A Good Way To Streghten Your Muscle And A Great Carideo Work Out!

I just bought a bike last week and i managed to ride 1 mile and was about to die. The seat is also uncomfortable on this one and i have the gel seat. I know i am out of shape but i thought it wouldnt be anything to ride my bike for a couple of miles ....did one mile and my legs felt like jelly and i had to stop half way and take a break. I was also pulling my one year old behind me in one of those little carriage things for kids.

How did you all feel when you first started to ride....am i just sad in riding a bike or what?

You will improve...RAPIDLY if you stick to it.

My wife almost threw up the first time I took her riding after only about a mile. She hangs with me for at least 10 now.

Yeah Cindy, just hang in there. I was like that when I first started back riding on July 1. This weekend I did a whopping 11.7 miles.