Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How is weight loss for people over 50?

Hi all, this is what my surgeon says about the pre-op diet

The pre-op liquid diet is the same as the post-op liquid diet. You should follow it for eight days before surgery. It is not a critical component of this program but it is important. It is designed to shrink your liver, but more importantly it gets you accustomed to the diet that you must strictly follow after surgery. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

CRABCAKE - you have me CRACKING UP on the AMA - you sound like me Dr. Janet :rolleyes:

You should hear my girlfriend...she knows all the Latin terms and drugs. Sometimes I think I should just call her and skip the doctor's office, but then I remember oh yeah...she can't write prescriptions!!! Dang! :faint::sick

Howdy Don, (skinnydippn42) It's nice to have you here with us... You made the right decision for the lapband if you have been battling your weight for 20+ years.... Hopefully Medicare will approve the surgery for you soon... Good Luck on your journey.....

Thanks for your good wishes, grrl. As for the roseacea, I dunno....:rolleyes: I have always been inclined to think that the kind of blondie who has a roses&cream/sun sensitive skin is liable to be attacked by roseacea. My upper chest looks like a farmer's work boot!!!:eek:And yet most of my skin is oh so whitey white! :phanvan Go figure....:tired

IndioG, tell your daddy to keep his fingers and toes crossed for me while eating his birthday cake, eh. :lol: My pop's birthday was 11/24, anutha 24 man! (And up here in Canada this is what we call a large case of beer, a two four.:biggrin1:)

Green - Well when I was a little girl going to catholic school and when i would be goofing off in church or my mom wouldn't let me eat - I would daydream that in heaven iyou could eat all you want when you want - so that's where my Daddy will be having his cake - daily i hope. I am an orphan - My Mom died when i was 15 - my Dad & #2 Mom died 15 yrs ago with in 1 month of each other. My Dad would have been 87 this yr. His drink of choice Gin.. But When i say my prayers you will be in them

:biggrin1:

Welcome to all of the new people that have posted on here.. It is nice to have you all with us... When will you all be getting your bands??

Please keep us posted and Good Luck on your journey...

I'm 54 years old and have decided to get banded. I've been to an information session at Lahey Clinic in MA and to one support group (2 are required). I'm scheduled for the 4 required nutrition consults as well. Because I'm self-pay, I don't have to worry about insurance approval. I do have to lose between 12-15lbs before they'll schedule my surgery.

I'm particularly concerned about losing the 12-15lbs I need to lose before getting banded. If I could lose weight, I wouldn't need the lap band! How did you all lose the weight you needed to lose in order to get the surgery?

I'm hoping that I'm not a 1/2 lb a week loser -- that would discourage me no end. Once I get into excercise, I can really go at it and if my eating is clean, I should lose. A few years ago I got really sick and was unable to eat much of anything at all for a month and I only lost 2 lbs per week -- and that was with eating no food at all. I'm convinced that my metabolism no longer exists!

Well, this is my introduction to this group, I guess.

Thanks for taking the time to read my introl.

Welcome Bonnie

I didn't have to lose weight per se - i had 7 day pre-op diet to shrink my liver - plus 2 colon cleanses (1 colonoscpy & 1 for surgery) so i don't take my pre-surgery weight too seriously as i was pooping for 2 days of that 7. Each Dr has his/her own set of rules. But what i have read and what my doc said it was to shrink your liver to make it easier for them to do the surgery.

Good Luck on your journey - this is a great group.

Hi over 50 gang - I am off to bed - it's 10:30 Cali time and i am beat - walked 2.45 miles 45 minutes on an interval training mode. kicked my butt.

i haven't read everything posted tonite - so - will catch up tomorrow -talk to ya'll then...

sweet dreams everyone...

xoxox

Janet

Hi Denise, Glad to hear from someone in my area. I will be banded by Dr. Tersigni on 9/20/07. I live in Coquille. I'm looking forward to getting statred on this new journey.

I'm 63 also, 64 in Nov, and had my surgery 5 1/2 wks ago, July 20. I lost 20 lb pre-op and another 10+ since. My first fill is next week. It's never too late for a new start. I've been waging this battle since about age 8!!

Best wishes to you!! You can do it!!

:whoo::whoo::whoo::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::rolleyes:

Thanks for your encouraging comments. :thankyou:Sounds like we have a lot in common. By the way what is the difference between a reply and a quote. I'm a newcommer to this site. Can you or anyone give advice on what to eat on a liquid diet. I will be going to a class just befor the surgery but I would like to buy the things I need before then. :help:

:lol::confused::rofl:

Welcome to all of the new people that have posted on here.. It is nice to have you all with us... When will you all be getting your bands??

Please keep us posted and Good Luck on your journey...

I am to be banded sometime in October. :rolleyes:

Mary

marywalker and all other newbies - Welcome!

The band is a tool, I have found that means I still have to confront my demons, habits, and thought patterns. It isn't a straight line for me from banding to goal, but I am working my way through each roadblock. It is great to get psychological support as well. We know, it just isn't about the weight.

hugs and best wishes,

Michelle

NEW LIFE

hi, I just got my list here is my docs list

<TABLE class=MsoNormalTable style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; BORDER-TOP: medium none; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; WIDTH: 443.65pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse; mso-padding-alt: 0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=592 border=1><TBODY><TR style="HEIGHT: 17.25pt; mso-yfti-irow: 0; mso-yfti-firstrow: yes"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: black 1pt solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: black 1pt solid; WIDTH: 148.25pt; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; HEIGHT: 17.25pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .75pt" width=198>FOOD: <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: black 1pt solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; WIDTH: 147.65pt; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; HEIGHT: 17.25pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .75pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .75pt" width=197>CHOOSE: <o:p></o:p>

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: black 1pt solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; WIDTH: 147.75pt; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; HEIGHT: 17.25pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .75pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .75pt" width=197>LIMIT: <o:p></o:p>

</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 59.5pt; mso-yfti-irow: 1"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: black 1pt solid; WIDTH: 148.25pt; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; HEIGHT: 59.5pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .75pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .75pt" width=198>Beverages <o:p></o:p>

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; WIDTH: 147.65pt; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; HEIGHT: 59.5pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .75pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .75pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .75pt" vAlign=top width=197>Water, Crystal LightÒ, coffee, tea, non-carbonated beverages, and nutritional drinks such as No Sugar Added Carnation Instant Breakfast ¡ or Designer Protein <o:p></o:p>

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; WIDTH: 147.75pt; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; HEIGHT: 59.5pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .75pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .75pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .75pt" vAlign=top width=197>Fruit drinks, iced tea with sugar, soda, alcohol, and all carbonated beverages <o:p></o:p>

</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 23.5pt; mso-yfti-irow: 2"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: black 1pt solid; WIDTH: 148.25pt; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; HEIGHT: 23.5pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .75pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .75pt" vAlign=bottom width=198>Soups <o:p></o:p>

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; WIDTH: 147.65pt; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; HEIGHT: 23.5pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .75pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .75pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .75pt" vAlign=top width=197>Egg drop Soup, reduced fat cream Soups, broth, and bouillon <o:p></o:p>

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; WIDTH: 147.75pt; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; HEIGHT: 23.5pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .75pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .75pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .75pt" vAlign=bottom width=197>All others <o:p></o:p>

</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12pt; mso-yfti-irow: 3"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: black 1pt solid; WIDTH: 148.25pt; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; HEIGHT: 12pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .75pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .75pt; mso-border-right-alt: solid black .75pt" vAlign=top width=198><o:p></o:p>

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; WIDTH: 147.65pt; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; HEIGHT: 12pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .75pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .75pt; mso-border-right-alt: solid black .75pt" width=197>Cooked refined Cereal, mashed <o:p></o:p>

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; WIDTH: 147.75pt; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; HEIGHT: 12pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .75pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .75pt; mso-border-right-alt: solid black .75pt" width=197>Pasta, bread, rice, and all other <o:p></o:p>

</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 11.5pt; mso-yfti-irow: 4"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: black 1pt solid; WIDTH: 148.25pt; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; HEIGHT: 11.5pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .75pt; mso-border-right-alt: solid black .75pt; mso-border-bottom-alt: solid black .75pt" vAlign=top width=198>Starches <o:p></o:p>

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; WIDTH: 147.65pt; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; HEIGHT: 11.5pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .75pt; mso-border-right-alt: solid black .75pt; mso-border-bottom-alt: solid black .75pt" width=197>potatoes <o:p></o:p>

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; WIDTH: 147.75pt; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; HEIGHT: 11.5pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .75pt; mso-border-right-alt: solid black .75pt; mso-border-bottom-alt: solid black .75pt" vAlign=top width=197>starches <o:p></o:p>

</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 23.4pt; mso-yfti-irow: 5"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: black 1pt solid; WIDTH: 148.25pt; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; HEIGHT: 23.4pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .75pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .75pt" vAlign=bottom width=198>Vegetables <o:p></o:p>

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; WIDTH: 147.65pt; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; HEIGHT: 23.4pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .75pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .75pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .75pt" vAlign=top width=197>Pureed vegetables, vegetable juice <o:p></o:p>

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; WIDTH: 147.75pt; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; HEIGHT: 23.4pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .75pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .75pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .75pt" vAlign=bottom width=197>All others <o:p></o:p>

</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 23.65pt; mso-yfti-irow: 6"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: black 1pt solid; WIDTH: 148.25pt; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; HEIGHT: 23.65pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .75pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .75pt; mso-border-right-alt: solid black .75pt" vAlign=top width=198><o:p></o:p>

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; WIDTH: 147.65pt; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; HEIGHT: 23.65pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .75pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .75pt; mso-border-right-alt: solid black .75pt" vAlign=top width=197>Applesauce, pureed bananas or other fruits without seeds, skins, <o:p></o:p>

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; WIDTH: 147.75pt; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; HEIGHT: 23.65pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .75pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .75pt; mso-border-right-alt: solid black .75pt" vAlign=top width=197><o:p></o:p>

</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 11.4pt; mso-yfti-irow: 7"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: black 1pt solid; WIDTH: 148.25pt; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; HEIGHT: 11.4pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .75pt; mso-border-right-alt: solid black .75pt; mso-border-bottom-alt: solid black .75pt" width=198>Fruits <o:p></o:p>

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; WIDTH: 147.65pt; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; HEIGHT: 11.4pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .75pt; mso-border-right-alt: solid black .75pt; mso-border-bottom-alt: solid black .75pt" width=197>or hulls; unsweetened fruit juice <o:p></o:p>

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; WIDTH: 147.75pt; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; HEIGHT: 11.4pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .75pt; mso-border-right-alt: solid black .75pt; mso-border-bottom-alt: solid black .75pt" width=197>All others <o:p></o:p>

</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 70.4pt; mso-yfti-irow: 8"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: black 1pt solid; WIDTH: 148.25pt; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; HEIGHT: 70.4pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .75pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .75pt" width=198>Meats, Protein and protein substitutes <o:p></o:p>

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; WIDTH: 147.65pt; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; HEIGHT: 70.4pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .75pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .75pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .75pt" vAlign=top width=197>Pureed fish, tuna, poultry, veal, pork, or beef; low-fat cottage cheese, low-fat or non fat cheese (Alpine LaceÒ), baby food meats; mashed or pureed tofu, pureed egg or egg substitutes <o:p></o:p>

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; WIDTH: 147.75pt; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; HEIGHT: 70.4pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .75pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .75pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .75pt" width=197>Peanut butter; all others <o:p></o:p>

</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 13.25pt; mso-yfti-irow: 9"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: black 1pt solid; WIDTH: 148.25pt; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; HEIGHT: 13.25pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .75pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .75pt; mso-border-right-alt: solid black .75pt" vAlign=top width=198><o:p></o:p>

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; WIDTH: 147.65pt; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; HEIGHT: 13.25pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .75pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .75pt; mso-border-right-alt: solid black .75pt" width=197>Fat free or 1% milk, sugar-free or <o:p></o:p>

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; WIDTH: 147.75pt; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; HEIGHT: 13.25pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .75pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .75pt; mso-border-right-alt: solid black .75pt" width=197>Chocolate milk, sweetened <o:p></o:p>

</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12pt; mso-yfti-irow: 10"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: black 1pt solid; WIDTH: 148.25pt; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; HEIGHT: 12pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .75pt; mso-border-right-alt: solid black .75pt" vAlign=top width=198>Milk and milk products <o:p></o:p>

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; WIDTH: 147.65pt; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; HEIGHT: 12pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .75pt; mso-border-right-alt: solid black .75pt" vAlign=top width=197>low-fat yogurt <o:p></o:p>

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; WIDTH: 147.75pt; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; HEIGHT: 12pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .75pt; mso-border-right-alt: solid black .75pt" vAlign=top width=197>condensed milk, 2% or whole <o:p></o:p>

</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 10.5pt; mso-yfti-irow: 11"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: black 1pt solid; WIDTH: 148.25pt; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; HEIGHT: 10.5pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .75pt; mso-border-right-alt: solid black .75pt; mso-border-bottom-alt: solid black .75pt" vAlign=top width=198><o:p></o:p>

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; WIDTH: 147.65pt; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; HEIGHT: 10.5pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .75pt; mso-border-right-alt: solid black .75pt; mso-border-bottom-alt: solid black .75pt" vAlign=top width=197><o:p></o:p>

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; WIDTH: 147.75pt; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; HEIGHT: 10.5pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .75pt; mso-border-right-alt: solid black .75pt; mso-border-bottom-alt: solid black .75pt" vAlign=top width=197>milk <o:p></o:p>

</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.4pt; mso-yfti-irow: 12"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: black 1pt solid; WIDTH: 148.25pt; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; HEIGHT: 12.4pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .75pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .75pt; mso-border-right-alt: solid black .75pt" vAlign=top width=198><o:p></o:p>

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; WIDTH: 147.65pt; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; HEIGHT: 12.4pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .75pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .75pt; mso-border-right-alt: solid black .75pt" vAlign=top width=197>Sugar-free Gelatin or popsicles, <o:p></o:p>

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; WIDTH: 147.75pt; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; HEIGHT: 12.4pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .75pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .75pt; mso-border-right-alt: solid black .75pt" vAlign=top width=197><o:p></o:p>

</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 11.15pt; mso-yfti-irow: 13; mso-yfti-lastrow: yes"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: black 1pt solid; WIDTH: 148.25pt; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; HEIGHT: 11.15pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .75pt; mso-border-right-alt: solid black .75pt; mso-border-bottom-alt: solid black .75pt" vAlign=top width=198>Others <o:p></o:p>

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; WIDTH: 147.65pt; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; HEIGHT: 11.15pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .75pt; mso-border-right-alt: solid black .75pt; mso-border-bottom-alt: solid black .75pt" vAlign=top width=197>pudding, and custard <o:p></o:p>

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; WIDTH: 147.75pt; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; HEIGHT: 11.15pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .75pt; mso-border-right-alt: solid black .75pt; mso-border-bottom-alt: solid black .75pt" vAlign=top width=197>All others <o:p></o:p>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Hi Denise, Glad to hear from someone in my area. I will be banded by Dr. Tersigni on 9/20/07. I live in Coquille. I'm looking forward to getting started on this new journey.

HI there,

Welcome! Are you planning on coming to the support

groups? I go to them every month. They are the

2nd and 3rd tues of the month. I find them very helpful.

How did you find out about Dr. Tersingi?

Feel free to send me any private messages if you have

any questions or want support during your 4 weeks on

the liquid diet. :)

I am to be banded sometime in October. :)

Mary

Hi Mary, Since you are an October bandster, come on over and join the TENacious TENS group... You can find us under "Monthly Support Groups". October 2007....

Our October group is growing and I'm looking forward to all the help and support...

Hi Denise, Glad to hear from someone in my area. I will be banded by Dr. Tersigni on 9/20/07. I live in Coquille. I'm looking forward to getting statred on this new journey.

Hi,

My brother-in-law is Coquille hospital administrator. He & my sister live in the next town over... Myrtle Point... or Myrtle Creek... I get them mixed up!!

Hi Denise, I am planing to attend the support group once or twice. Are they in the day or at night? Thank you for the offer of sending private messages. How do I do that?

I found Dr. Tersigni in the Lapband.Com web site but I already knew about him since my sister had her cancer surgery. She said he was very nice.

If I get to one of the meetings, I look forward to meeting you.

Charlene