Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

You know you lost weight when

You don't have to find a ladder rated over 300lbs!

When you sit on the toilet bowl and thought you forgot to bring down the toilet seat because your butt felt lose on the toilet seat!

When you sit on the toilet bowl and thought you forgot to bring down the toilet seat because your butt felt lose on the toilet seat!

Or when said toilet seat is COLD and you realize you no longer have enough "insulation" to fend off the chill. Lol

What is the normal weight loss per month I feel like I am going too slow. And have a lot of stalls my surgery was Sept 26.2014

I lost anywhere from 8 to 25lbs a month and I just passed the 1 year mark and am down 200lbs. In the beginning it seems slow but just keep your head up, live healthy, and you will get there! :)

Does anyone else have serious back problems? I wonder if I should bring my trusty refillable ice pack? I really appreciate all of the suggestions.

11mos out and I just got my gallbladder out and I have been having some severe back and neck pain

Boopgwee. I have been losing an average of 5-8 pounds, but I'm a pretty slow loser. I've lost 42 pounds in not quite 5 months.

hehehe, my attic ladder didn't creak when I went up to get the Christmas lights. ;-) I wore a 56 jacket, have a meeting this week, so I went to Men's Warehouse - "I'm sorry sir, you need a 46, that 48 is too big" ;-) I jumped up on the stoop to put up lights, and realized "I jumped up two feet, without going umph"

I saw a gap between my thighs for the first time in my life!

I wore leggings and a hip length shirt in public (it was after the gym and after my friend repeatedly told me I didn't look ridiculous!)

When you don't dread wearing dress shoes (heels) the whole day - because they no longer hurt your feet from carrying so much weight.

When someone who just saw you three months ago gapes and says "Oh my gosh - what did you do??" LOL.

When you enjoy looking at yourself in the mirror, from different angles! Just enjoy looking! Several times a day!

When your 80 year old mother sees a picture of you on Facebook (yes, she's a facebook user!) and calls to say "you are swimming in those clothes!!!" Guess who's getting gift cards for Christmas?!

When you're out shopping...see a pair of corduroy leggings & automatically think "thigh burn" only to remember there wouldn't be any!!! ????

When you enjoy looking at yourself in the mirror, from different angles! Just enjoy looking! Several times a day!

Haha I thought I was the only one who does that and I feel like I'm being vain but I am just still shocked how I look now!

Haha I thought I was the only one who does that and I feel like I'm being vain but I am just still shocked how I look now!

I don't think it's a vain thing at all. I believe we are just enjoying seeing the person emerging. At least I just enjoy seeing the slimmer me. It's been 26 years since I was this size. It's so emotional for me. I'm this confident person who feel pretty successful in my life, but I just couldn't conquer my weigh loss. I'm so happy I did this for myself. Not anymore else. I did it for me.

When looking at pictures on the wall of your home, a newer friend of yours stops in front of a "older" pic of you and asks, "Is this your brother?" Completely not letting on that the large person in the photo is me, you just reply, "Yes, but he is dead now." (This was followed with my wife jumping in to explain the whole situation... really funny when it happened)

Edited by matt1912