Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How long before you stopped losing weight

Hiya Looou -- I am six months out and I have been stalled for about six weeks at roughly the same weight, it bounces up and down, but doesn't really move. I really don't think I'm done losing, though -- I just think it's a plateau and eventually the loss will start up again. I think that will happen for you as well, just hang in there and don't get too hard on yourself.

Also, I eat 1000-1200 cals per day, don't really count carbs per se, but they are usually in the 50-70 g range.

Good luck!!

Thank you swizzly for letting me know I am not alone, I wish things get better and the real good news that I was able to get an appointment today with my doctor and he kept telling me tht this is completely normal and I should stop freaking out. he told me I can go for month or two without scale changes but he can tell by the look at me that I have lost weight.

He also mentioned that I should stop playing with my carbs as many said, and that I should continue consuming them, cause now I am doing damages to my body, he said that the scale might bounce up after re introducing carbs but that I shouldnt worry.

Also he said the fasting might play a big role cause the body might think it is starving and that is the starvation mood everyone kept telling me. So he told me to go easy on myself and wait for few weeks to see a surprise when the fasting stops and the normal routine is back.

He strongly adviced that I should keep working out too.

So hang in there Swizzly and everyone, myself included.

thank :) X

OMGoodness, I'm so sorry sweetie I didn't see that you were going through Ramadan. (Been kinda high on the Vicadin and muscles relaxers!!! But I've stopped since yesterday)

I'm positive that is the reason you're experiencing a stall. When is Ramadan over?

I'm sure once you are able to get back to your normal routines that you will start losing once again. *hugs*

Thank you swizzly for letting me know I am not alone, I wish things get better and the real good news that I was able to get an appointment today with my doctor and he kept telling me tht this is completely normal and I should stop freaking out. he told me I can go for month or two without scale changes but he can tell by the look at me that I have lost weight.

He also mentioned that I should stop playing with my carbs as many said, and that I should continue consuming them, cause now I am doing damages to my body, he said that the scale might bounce up after re introducing carbs but that I shouldnt worry.

Also he said the fasting might play a big role cause the body might think it is starving and that is the starvation mood everyone kept telling me. So he told me to go easy on myself and wait for few weeks to see a surprise when the fasting stops and the normal routine is back.

He strongly adviced that I should keep working out too.

So hang in there Swizzly and everyone, myself included.

thank :) X

Hey Lou,

I like your doctor... he talks a lot of sense. I hope this has reassured you ... I am sure that when your routine is back you will see a difference.

Oh, and by the way, for a second language English speaker/writer, I think your English is brilliant!! =]

Loouuuu, be encouraged, I totally agree that it is the fasting that is playing with your body. Put the whole issue out of your mind for now (easier said than done, I know!) I'm so glad you posted because I too am entering a 21 day period of fasting and with my new sleeve, have wondered how this may go for me...I obviously do NOT want to stop my workouts--particularly the strength training. Cardio you can pretty much pick up again without too severe reaction from your body, but weights are a different story. Break it down sister! lol

At 4 months, 11 days...your body was probably just settling into a nice little pattern and then you messed it up with fasting. lol I mean that in a respectful way.

Don't worry...I'm sure as soon as you get back into a more regular routine, things will improve. I've no doubt that even your sleep schedule is probably been affected!

Wishing you the best!!

Susan

OMGoodness, I'm so sorry sweetie I didn't see that you were going through Ramadan. (Been kinda high on the Vicadin and muscles relaxers!!! But I've stopped since yesterday)

I'm positive that is the reason you're experiencing a stall. When is Ramadan over?

LOOOL MISS DIVA!! I am so glad u are doing soooo fabulous after ur surgery!!

And actually its my fault I didnt mention ramadan from the very first post! cause I actually thought it wasnt the reason, until Longerlife brought it up when she asked about why dont I visit my doctor lol .. Plus it never crossed my mind!! I would have saved everyone the trouble thinking about this dilemma plus honestly not everyone know about ramadan so I am glad U actually all knew about it! sometimes I feel like we live in box here. lol

Ramdan last day was announced today!:) SO tomorrow is a 3 days feast WHICH I AM GOING TO ALLOW MYSELF to be a little easy on myself and have at least a cookie or 2 plus a family dinner. I DESERVE It! lol I have been so hard on myself this month mentally and food wise.

I Cant wait for this week to go by and see some changes although I was at a funeral today and I was kinda complimented a lot about my weightloss. Although I was so sad and didnt feel happy about these compliements cause of the sadness shadow of losing the father of my best friend.

OH I rambled so much!! thank u soooooo much for being there for me!! XO

I like your doctor... he talks a lot of sense. I hope this has reassured you ... I am sure that when your routine is back you will see a difference.

Oh, and by the way, for a second language English speaker/writer, I think your English is brilliant!!

OH coops I am sure he'd love to meet such an amazing sleeve sucess like u too!! and I am sure he would have told u the same, I know the last few pounds are soooo stubborn for u and I am watching ur journey, BUT dont worry my mom who isnt sleeve and is actually 135-130 pounds struggled with the last 25 pounds for more than a year and half but she beated the hell out of them and she is older than u! SO I am sure by the end of this year u will reach although u already looked great in ur collage! "loved the dress"

and aww!! Thank u about my English comment!! I am really always trying but sometimes I get lost trying to explain myself and thats why I rarely engage in a serious topic here, so I wont deliver the wrong info.. but u just gave me a boost XO THANKS UUUU :))

At 4 months, 11 days...your body was probably just settling into a nice little pattern and then you messed it up with fasting. lol I mean that in a respectful way.

U cracked me UP looool .. ofcourse I know u didnt mean it in anyway but funny one! WHICH is the same thing I told myslef, I was going so fine losing steady and slow and happy and then bam fasting, changes everything. I am so uplifted spiritually after ramdan and I think it is helping my mentality to get stronger and push harder. Also I wouldnt be feeling better without the support of all of u amazing people and my Mentor who I ALWAYS give her headache whenever I freak out "Diva"

Oh and seattlesue U are soooo right my sleeping pattern just got messed up! I wonder how did u know!! LOL

My next trip to US I planning Seattle btw!! Love to see it for real instead of Grey's anatomy lol

Thank u X

Thank u about my English comment!! I am really always trying but sometimes I get lost trying to explain myself and thats why I rarely engage in a serious topic here, so I wont deliver the wrong info..

English is also my second language but it has never stopped me from engaging in a serious topic. :P Please don't let that stop YOU! Glad you were surprised we knew about Ramadan. The world is a smaller place now, isn't it?

BTW I just watched ALL of the episodes of Greys Anatomy. Loved it!

LOOOL MISS DIVA!! I am so glad u are doing soooo fabulous after ur surgery!!

And actually its my fault I didnt mention ramadan from the very first post! cause I actually thought it wasnt the reason, until Longerlife brought it up when she asked about why dont I visit my doctor lol .. Plus it never crossed my mind!! I would have saved everyone the trouble thinking about this dilemma plus honestly not everyone know about ramadan so I am glad U actually all knew about it! sometimes I feel like we live in box here. lol

Ramdan last day was announced today!:) SO tomorrow is a 3 days feast WHICH I AM GOING TO ALLOW MYSELF to be a little easy on myself and have at least a cookie or 2 plus a family dinner. I DESERVE It! lol I have been so hard on myself this month mentally and food wise.

I Cant wait for this week to go by and see some changes although I was at a funeral today and I was kinda complimented a lot about my weightloss. Although I was so sad and didnt feel happy about these compliements cause of the sadness shadow of losing the father of my best friend.

OH I rambled so much!! thank u soooooo much for being there for me!! XO

. Also I wouldnt be feeling better without the support of all of u amazing people and my Mentor who I ALWAYS give her headache whenever I freak out "Diva"

No, you don't ever give me headaches... so don't think that. I only want you to succeed and feel happy and joyful for how far you have already come!!! :) Blessings my dear friend!

Enjoy your feast! I've noticed that a few times I've broken some stalls by just jumping up my calories for a few days then getting back on plan... has helped a lot.

OH coops I am sure he'd love to meet such an amazing sleeve sucess like u too!! and I am sure he would have told u the same, I know the last few pounds are soooo stubborn for u and I am watching ur journey, BUT dont worry my mom who isnt sleeve and is actually 135-130 pounds struggled with the last 25 pounds for more than a year and half but she beated the hell out of them and she is older than u! SO I am sure by the end of this year u will reach although u already looked great in ur collage! "loved the dress"

and aww!! Thank u about my English comment!! I am really always trying but sometimes I get lost trying to explain myself and thats why I rarely engage in a serious topic here, so I wont deliver the wrong info.. but u just gave me a boost XO THANKS UUUU :))

Hey Lou...

OH, I forgot to mention that I teach English here in Wales (UK) and it was definately meant as a compliment!!!! NEVER let it stop you engaging in serious or other topics... seriously, you explain yourself beautifully - and clearly!!

Thank you for your kind comments... I needed to hear that right now... sometimes, I just feel like giving up... then this part of me say.. 'HELL NO!! You're in for the long haul girl, get the job finished!!' And I am a self-pay, so I don't want to 'waste' the £8000 it cost me not to get to where I want to be!! I know it is going to take me a long time to get to goal, I just hope it will taste as sweet as I imagine it!!

Enjoy your feast, my sleeve friend, and I am sure that you will get things moving along very soon... please let me know when you do! =]

Well, I'm so curious about if anyone who has been sleeved has his weight loss stopping after a while and I Dont mean stall. I mean your body just stopped losing weight after a certain time or a certain number of pounds down?

how long? was it a year or less than a year?

Does it happen to most of the sleevers or just it is rare but just happen to some?

How did u know that this is it, and ur body wont lose anymore?

I think my body has given up and it is totally against the idea of losing anymore weight and I think it is too early but may be this is it :(

I know this is not a stall cause of different factors. I gain the same 3-4 pounds and lose them for about a month or may be more, I exercise and my body just dont recognize it.. I am keeping my carb intake like non! or lets say sooo freaking little like non existing and I am not enjoying my food anymore, a month ago I could eat anything I LOVE and lose weight, now I am more like dieting and it is not even working, I mainly eat Protein all day, fish shrimp, meat , chicken, milk.

NO Desserts or sweets. I am feeling like my band days are back but at least am grateful for how amazing my sleeve has been and how much weight I have lost with it.

I count my calories, I drink not less than 100 OZ of Water, I dont have thyroid problem but I think this is it. If u think this is a stall then thats okay but I would love also to hear it from others who their weightloss stopped forever even early or late in their sleeve journey.

Thank u :)

Me, me, me!!!! I stopped losing weight in January 2011. . right now i tetter between 200 - 210 lbs all the time. . .but i surpassed my doctors goal for me (212lbs) and for that i'm happy. . . if i'm never to get to 180 that is ok for me. . .Lilmissdiva was saying in one of her posts that maybe there is a time the body just gets to a weight and stays there for a long time. . . just like when we were getting fat, our bodies stopped at a weight for a while and then after a while continued to gain. . .i remember my stop gaining weight for a long time was 230lbs then after about 1 year it started to move up until i got to 350lbs! i stayed between 345 - 350 lbs for years. . .so now i'm at 200 - 210 but maybe after a year or so my body will decide what is going to happen, gain, or lose. . . we'll see, but i know for a fact I'll never weigh 350 lbs again. . .

Hey Lou...

OH, I forgot to mention that I teach English here in Wales (UK) and it was definately meant as a compliment!!!! NEVER let it stop you engaging in serious or other topics... seriously, you explain yourself beautifully - and clearly!!

Thank you for your kind comments... I needed to hear that right now... sometimes, I just feel like giving up... then this part of me say.. 'HELL NO!! You're in for the long haul girl, get the job finished!!' And I am a self-pay, so I don't want to 'waste' the £8000 it cost me not to get to where I want to be!! I know it is going to take me a long time to get to goal, I just hope it will taste as sweet as I imagine it!!

Enjoy your feast, my sleeve friend, and I am sure that you will get things moving along very soon... please let me know when you do! =]

Wow English teacher!! I am honored!! and actually a little scared now to have more mistakes lol ( kidding) I will do my best to keep it up here, My English used to be really good, but the lack of practice is my real issue.

I am a self pay too!! and I nearly paid the same as u may be a little more cause I had my gallbladder removed, away from all of this I BELIEVE that u have an actual success story, mind u the last 15 pounds all ppl suffer with them. But u made good advantage of all the money u paid. It sure will taste the sweetest but u should be tasting its sweetness by now already, I am not complimenting u or just trying to encourage u but u have really done soooo great, and by the look at you, u are anything but away from overweight, so the benefit is reached.

Oh I enjoyed it my feast sooo much well!! and Thankfully I havent gained lol. U know what I mean? lol, thats the beauty and glory of the sleeve. Now back to hard work or lets say, balanced work. I truly believe everytime I am harsh on myself the outcome isnt what I am really expecting. I w ill let you know when the stall is broken, I am giving it 10 good days for my body to adapt to its old routine.

Best of luck dear and thank u so much :))

Me, me, me!!!! I stopped losing weight in January 2011. . right now i tetter between 200 - 210 lbs all the time. . .but i surpassed my doctors goal for me (212lbs) and for that i'm happy. . . if i'm never to get to 180 that is ok for me. . .Lilmissdiva was saying in one of her posts that maybe there is a time the body just gets to a weight and stays there for a long time. . . just like when we were getting fat, our bodies stopped at a weight for a while and then after a while continued to gain. . .i remember my stop gaining weight for a long time was 230lbs then after about 1 year it started to move up until i got to 350lbs! i stayed between 345 - 350 lbs for years. . .so now i'm at 200 - 210 but maybe after a year or so my body will decide what is going to happen, gain, or lose. . . we'll see, but i know for a fact I'll never weigh 350 lbs again. . .

WOw u have come so far, and exactly like coops u are just battling with tiny numbers .. congrats:) I am too sure too that u will never be back to the 350s which was nearly my starting weight when I was banded.

I can never recall my 188 moments, I think they went back when I was 15 yrs old and that when I started to go to a dietician and started an Atkins diet, and bam my weight started to get over 200s then suddenly after 2 failed enagagment, I hooped to the 300's SO U got a great point here, 188 was my oldest constant weight. I hope my body doesnt like it too much here cause I have 33 pounds to go, way too much than urs and Coops.

Thank u for ur input .. and my best wishes to u :)

No, you don't ever give me headaches... so don't think that. I only want you to succeed and feel happy and joyful for how far you have already come!!! :) Blessings my dear friend!

Enjoy your feast! I've noticed that a few times I've broken some stalls by just jumping up my calories for a few days then getting back on plan... has helped a lot.

oh you are so beautiful inside and out, I keep praying for ur recovery and for ur all surgeries to go smooth xox

I jumped my calories and I am waiting lol .. the feast should have done my calories upping good:)

thank u for always being there xox

Here is a reality check!!

post-8573-13813657357613_thumb.jpg

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! OMG you are so pretty, gorgeous, and you look incredible!!! I need surgery to look like that!!! :lol: Your dress is awesome... we don't have dresses like that here. I wish we did!

awww.. I am speechless but U need nothing !! u are too adorable:))

How come u dont have that much styles? I used to shop at the USA malls and outlets with my jaw dropping!! U should come visit us one day!:)