Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How long before you stopped losing weight

Looou, you look fabulous! Good for you lady! And the dress IS stunning on you. Glad to hear you enjoyed your feast....we'll be waiting to hear how you settle back into your daily routine. I don't know where you will find the 31 pounds to lose though...you are ROCKIN' that dress something fierce! *JEALOUS!* :P

Wow, Looou, you are gorgeous! What a lovely gown, too....

Looou! You are a beauty queen!

I know how you are feeling, I have had a 4 week stall that just broke and i lost 1 1/2 pounds in two days. I have been losing about 2-3 pounds a month for a while. I will get to goal, it just might take a while. You will too! You already look fantastic girl. Keep up the good work!

We are all in starvation mode with this surgery. Lol that's the point. Howeve one can get so low in the caloric intake department that the body stops expending any cals it can.

Here are some things I wondered for you.

You mention you are working out, what are u doing. Cardio or strength training?

If you are doing weight training to build muscle I suspect that is part of your issue. When we work out to build muscle we are creating micro-tears in our muscle fibers, to repair these our body needs 1-1 1/2 grams of protien per pound of lean body mass per day. So very few of us get that much Protein. The other factor is that our bodies cannot synthesis protien in to muscle tissue without carbs, they are required in the process to repair muscle.

My point is, it is possible that one could put themselves in a situation where the exercise is actually counter productive, where muscles are damaged (normal process of weight training) but can not recover, and In a weakened state are burning less calories, creating a situation where our metabolic rate actually decreases.

This would leave you with ingesting to many calories for what you are burning, but eating less cals would not fix it, as it would likely cause your body to retain everything it possibly could.

So I would think if you are working out with weights, then it might do you good to take a few weeks off, focus on 1000 cals a day with 75-100 grams of carbs and 60-100 grams Protein. If this is the reason, that will allow your muscles to heal completely. If you are indeed at a set point, then if you gained a few lbs that could actually take u above your set point and trigger you body to start losing again once your muscles have healed.

Hope this is helpful, if your not strength training, and it doesn't apply, then I still say increase your carbs and let your body rest and see If that helps. That will not hurt anything

English is my second language, I wasnt hostile, I was explaining my frustration.

Edit to say: Thats not my real issue here, and please read my posts well, u assumed I am eating some stuff that I am not and I am still asking about STARVATION MODE!! SOME help explain how am I going into starvation mode and every sleever around here is eating 800-900 calories here too and not going into starvation mode, plus it is whats recommended from different surgeons, PLUS I am only 4 month and 11 days out. should I really up my calories?.

OH MY GOD! You guys are by far the best support I will ever get in my life, YOU ARE SIMPLE AND lovely!! I am blushing here, I read the comments on my phone while I was dining out and I couldnt handle it my cheeks kept getting red and redder lol "if thats a word lol" U spoiled me too well and believe me it wont come from anyone except pure, lovely and loving ppl!! :)

THANK U SOOO MUCH!!!

we'll be waiting to hear how you settle back into your daily routine. I don't know where you will find the 31 pounds to lose though...you are ROCKIN' that dress something fierce! *JEALOUS!*
Believe me I thought about ur words today many times when I was taking shower and NO DOUBT I am still "Obese" damn u BMI chart and I SWEAR I am still chuuby when it comes to different parts, so the 33 pounds are there, the dress just rocked me not that I rocked it lol It covered me well!! and awwww u are too cute thank you and I will let u know when the number moves, I am pretty sure that my pants are little loose but I dont wanna hang on this hope cause sometimes they just get loose due to wearing them. Thank u sweety SeattleSue

Thank MEGINola!!! xoxoxoxoxo my best to u XO

Looou! You are a beauty queen!

I know how you are feeling, I have had a 4 week stall that just broke and i lost 1 1/2 pounds in two days.

Thank u feedyreye and CONGRATS girl on breaking ur stall!! I am soo sparkling because of all of the amazing words. I dont care if they come in a year my only concern was my sleeve just stopped working lol, and I needed to hear it here to believe I am wrong!

I am soooo Beyond thankful, I just wanna reach out and hug each one of u xox

I WILL KEEP U UPDATED as soon I break it and I will also make sure I will write down what exactly happened to lead me to breaking it. Mystery to be solved;) XOx

Lou, your pics are beautiful! You have come such a long way and it shows. Congratulations on your sucess and many more to come. I hope you enjoyed the feast!

Pasquini, I am sorry I just realized we posted at the same time, I like the simple way you explained what is really going on, but to be honest I was doing both but little more of cardio and Bob harper and Jillian Michael DVDS, but when at the gym I choose elliptical and treadmill Or stepper. I have been slacking off strength training, I always used them so little and had few sets.

Bob Harper's DVD alternate strength with cardio but again to be fair I didnt do much strength training. I think I had a good calorie upping this week, also today I had 2 small bites of ruby Tuesday rib eye ( the lean part not the fatty one) and 2 tblspoon of mashed potatoes ( I Know bad choice) but I am trying to add carbs and I hate fruits and most of the veggies.

I am definitely taking ur advice in my plan and I am waiting to see that change on the scale, I keep lifting my spirit up. PLUS the amazing boost am getting here makes me feel so skinny already lol

A New day: I swear, If I lift up my arms u will see some bat wings and u will be scared lol, Thank u thank u :))

Raine, The feast was so good thank u :) and thanks for calling me a success, it means a lot to me XOX

I will be praying for all of us to reach our goal, we have gone through a lot .. lets be honest surgery is the scariest thing on earth and lets not forget the recovery time!:) Let me always know when u can have an idea of breaking this stalls. I am trying every single suggestion on here and I AM ALWAYS Appreciating them and never forgetting anyone who lend me a hand. Also it is always great when u hear about ppl who went through this. Not to enjoy the misery ofcourse but to know hope is still there.BLESS UR HEARTS XOX

Looou, i had my surgery on june 16th. i have stalls every months for about a week and then ill drop about 4 pounds. In july i was stuck for 2 weeks and even gained 2 pounds. My son who is a MMA fighter gave me a recipe for a Protein Shake. and that took care of the stall and i lost 6 pounds that month. Now keep in mind i have hypothyroidism that slows my metabolism down. Im just sharing what has worked for me. Hoping that it will help someone else. The recipe for the shake is a simple 1 banana, 1 cup strawberries, 2 scoops of Protein (60g) 1 pack of benefiber, 1 cup of non fat milk and a cup of ice. i just mix all the ingredients in the blender. thats what i drink throughout the day. That gives you about 75 grams of protein. I do the elliptical 3x a week for 45 minutes. Oh and i do have a healthy dinner focusing on veggies, with either fish or chicken. I know how you feel. I too was so worried when i stopped losing. I thought this is it, i failed. My son said, basically my body went into the im starving mode and just wanted to hold on to everything.

Up the calories a bit, add a bit of healthy fats and make sure you're getting between 70 and 90 grams of Protein a day. Cutting out fats leads to dry skin and dull hair, the body needs fats. I'm really NOT into the whole non-fat thing at all! Anyway, this is how I would kick start the body to lose again, just my 2cents.

Since losing some weight, you're probably more active. Depending on age, weight, height, gender, activity level, and genetics, different people use different amounts of energy throughout the day. Calories are basically just energy. Your body burns a certain amount of calories just by its basic functions, which is why you need calories. The more active you are, the heavier you are, the younger you are, the more calories you burn each day. If you consume as many calories as you burn, you'll maintain whatever weight you are, and if you take in more calories than you burn your body will store that excess energy as fat (inversely, burning more calories than you gain will cause weight loss).

Obviously, not eating enough during the day will make you lethargic & weak as well as screw up your mental ability. You really have to base your calorie intake on your lifestyle.<BR id=yui_3_3_0_1_1315395621195365>

How long have you been stalled for? I read back but it's a lot of posts and didn't see it. The way my body works is I stall for 3 weeks and gain 2-3 lbs then one week it starts dropping off. Rinse and repeat. Charting my weightloss really seems to help. Another thing is you should eat lots of small meals. Think of a bear, big and fat right? They eat huge meals and their body stores away the food for energy. Think of a deer, they eat all day long and stay very thin. Their body understands that they will be getting more food and takes that as an okay to burn what it has. Your calories look very low to me and if I were you I'd add in more fats.

Show us what you eat for meals and we can be of more assistance.

I think that upping your calories will do the trick. If you are working out so much then you need to be eating more. I try to get in 1100 calories a day and I am 3 months out. I work out with my trainer 2 days a week and workout on my own 3 days a week. Also, you need carbs and fat! Fat free, in my opinion, is not the answer. I know many don't agree with that but it is what works for me. You need fat in your diet, good fat. You also need carbs, especially when you are working out. So I would suggest upping your calories, fat and carb intake.:)

Thank u all!! MY STALL broke and I am here to tell anyone who go through them DONT WORRY BE HAPPY! they do break! mine went for more than 2.5 month! and I lost 10 lbs since then! entering the 170s was just the reward I needed:)

yr advice combined made so much sense when I look back at them now and smile knowing I tried every lil thing said!!

Since that time I managed to run 10K and 11 K non stop!! not in my wildest dreams I would have imagined myself doing that:)

I keep touching my stomach and other parts and I am amazed at the way It feels now! where did I go!! I still have more 20 LBS to go and I m thinking of upping my goal to 35 instead of 20 LBS but lets finish those 20 first and see!! :)

Thank u all:) and for anyone reading I came back to write back just for the sake of newbies lurking here and there:) I was one of u and I would have loved to here a feedback on such a dilemma:)

so dont worry stalls happen, ugly can be but they break and we defeat them.

NOW I am just losing at a slow pace but I AM IN NO WAY TO WORRY ABOUT IT!!:)

post-8573-13813657845138_thumb.jpg

post-8573-13813657845509_thumb.jpg

post-8573-13813657845846_thumb.jpg