Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight Gained Since Having Gastric Sleeve Surgery

Newsusie...what insight? There is a point of diminishing returns: we can neither starve ourselves or increase exercise output past a certain point. The emotional component that makes us begin to feel unattractive and unwieldy and unable to be comforable with iur body as it gains even a minimum amt makes the battle even more daunting. We also are not getting any younger and our aging bodies cannot perform the rigorous moves needed to up exercise output. [Calorie expenditure ]. This defeatest mindset combined with physical realities [i get dizzy when doing lateral moves requiring coninued head motion...my lower back hurts when doing lateral stretches, my ankles prohibit specific postures etc.] Years of self enforced lack of movement and eating uncontrollably and carrying excessive (300-400 lb) wt also take a toll on our bodies. I dont THINK we LACK insight. Im going to see the cardiologist who first suggested wt loss surgery back in the early 2000's and we are going to look at resuming drugs. Clearly, this is an illness that requires its own war base with funding and support. I do wish that the various centers of barriatric excellence would combine their expertise and open dialogue with those of us who have completed these trials and begin AT THE VERY LEAST TO indenify the commonalities and various strategies and tabulate successes and failures of each.

@@feedyoureye

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

thanx for you nice laughs and words

lets meet for drinks

i'm buying

water of course :rolleyes:

kathy

Hope u really know where i live. Needed that!

@@reallyrosy ( and anyone else)

of course i know where you live silly head!!

Sleeveland USA

Onederland Rd.

s far as "needed that"

good!!!

get your act together

it's about time someone told you off!!! LOL

Deal With It! LOL

otherwise i have to whip you 1,000 times with a wet noodle!!!

eek all those carbs!!!

bad thoughts, doubts

Knock it Off :angry:

you are NOT back to square one

few lbs up - oh well!!

i know you can take those lbs off

it "might" be later than sooner

following all the rules, they WILL come off

don't ever give up

not allowed!!!

you can/will be the success you were meant to be

I have confidence in you (everyone)

you should feel the same way!!!

i think you are aces!!!

good luck

kathy

@reallyrosy- I understand what you are saying and you're right. I just don't understand how I can lose all this weight doing the same thing and then gain 20 of it back doing the same thing. I do 25 grams of good carbs or less a day. I stay away from bread rice and potatoes. I follow "the rules" it just stinks!

I HAVE to work out at least (45mins to 1 hour) 4-5 times a week to just maintain my weight. I have learned that "watching" what I eat is not enough alone. I'm almost 6 years out and have maintained my weight since I started working out 3 years ago.

Kathy...hugs

But the moment my scale moves up i feel like i failed. I need to work that idea out of my head. I feel ugly. I cant look at myself. I spent all the years before surgery not looking. I just was astounded to realize i look pretty good. Now i cant stand to see my body or face.

New susie...u do get it. It does stink. Yesterday i was 204. Today i am 205.6. Fluctuations sure but not up! Kathy is right...gotta get out of the doldrums. Hangeth in there!

Girly girly...i was 4 to 6 times a week but dont have the stamina for it now. I almost fell up another step just before..y foot did not clear the top of the step. Wouldve re fractured my patella. Guess thats good!

Right now, I am up nearly 20 pounds from my lowest weight (which wasn't my goal weight). Since Nov. 2015, I've been running from class reunion to Dad's knee replacement surgery, then, Christmas. Before the decorations were put away, my 10 month old granddaughter had a heart Cath procedure , then one emergent open heart surgery, then another open heart surgery a week after that. During all those weeks I had people coming and going at my house because my son and his family live about three hours away. I was glad to have them, and can happily report that my little granddaughter is doing well but is still on oxygen for now. What did that have to do with my diet? Well, food was my comfort, and I just let go of trying to have any self -control over my eating. It's incredibly hard to start over, but I'm going to do the five day sleeve test to get some momentum. Do you know any groups for us weight gainers? I know it happens, I just want to stop it.

I definitely need to exercise. I wonder how long I can keep this up. I am 63. I put some back on and I could not take it off no matter what I did. Now that I am back to the gym, the scale is starting to move down a little. It's depressing that this battle is one I will be fighting the rest of my life.

I have CHF so I can gain 4-8 lbs overnight sometimes it takes 2-3 days to get it down .also if I get steroid shot in back I can gain. But it comes off sooner or later I'm a year out . Hope this helps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using the BariatricPal App

Helpless..

I guess you have the right attitude for your limitations but i am wondering why you sign in as 'helpless'. Do you need noodle lashing too?

Hi all,

I have had my eyes opened this week to how important it is to follow the rules and how VSG can is still effective IF you use it properly. I had my surgery in January of 2013, so I'm just over 3 years out. I am 5'2 and my highest weight was around 210. I got down ton180 on the day of surgery. I lost the weight very easily and reached my goal of 125 in 7-9 months. My lowest weight was 112. I was very thin and with my frame looked emaciated and unhealthy. I wanted to gain and stay at about 120.

Before I knew it, 120 came and went and about a week ago I found myself at 145. That's over 30 lbs from my lowest and well into the "overweight" category. My habits were awful. I was drinking Diet Coke again. And a lot of it! Grazing a lot. Ritz crackers, snack cakes, chips, lots of carby foods. The amount of food I ate was a lot less than before, but I was eating often and a lot of the wrong things!

This is crazy, but I weighed 3 days ago and I was 144.6. That day I followed the rules- lots of protein-- eggs, chicken breasts, etc. I drank LOTS of Water. I still had my morning sugary latte, though. I exercised a lot! Yesterday I weighed in at 140.6. I was so encouraged and hadn't seen that kind of weight loss in so long. Yesterday I stuck with the plan and with eating right and exercise today I am 138.6. That's 6 lbs in 2 days! I know it's primarily water weight, but I feel so much better now that the scale is going down and not up.

It is crazy that after all I have been through and how hard I worked to lose the weight, that I have let it creep back up. At this point, I would love to be able to get back in the 120s and stay there! I am glad I stopped the gaining before it got even more out of hand, but I wish I had stopped it sooner! I hope my story helps others to recognize this and get back on track!

Edited by lovetennis

No , I need to change my user name but I'm still getting used to joining online to stuff .now that I have the smartphone it's easier but I still don't know if I answer replies right yet. This is the first time I have joined into conversations onlinne. Oh well guess I will learn

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using the BariatricPal App