Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight Gained Since Having Gastric Sleeve Surgery

what is a normal day of food for those of you that did the sleeve a while back?

I dont keep a record of what i eat anymore. And I just found out my shrink dx"d me with BED as well. She recommends transcranial magnetic somethingorother not drugs which dont work for me. Am having a severe case of the "f*ck its" and eating too much.

Binge eating disorder

Zzzombrie....do u know any negative shrinks? I did meet a guy who was rabidly opposed to bariatric surgery. He had some sort of contraption in his office that once he felt u r ready, he hooked u up to this'game' on his puter....but idiocy to the side, i have met mostly positive shrinkos.

I just got dx of a stress fracture in my knee. Im grounded...and eating like an ass. Happy new year

Yes. Any psychoanalyst. Positive psychologist meaning they follow the Humanist model of positive psychology. It's a fairly new model but gaining momentum.

For those that have gained after meeting your goal, please tell us why you have gained. Was it going back to eating the wrong items, trouble with binging, late night eating, cravings, or depression? It will help us working to goal without scaring us because we see that you have gain and it worries us!

Help I sneeze and feel light a allergy attack every time I eat. It getting really bad. Any ideas

Also starting to gain weight back but not eating any more any ideas

It sounds like you are overeating.

Sneezing and/or a runny nose are two signals for me that I have over eaten.

I dont keep a record of what i eat anymore. And I just found out my shrink dx"d me with BED as well. She recommends transcranial magnetic somethingorother not drugs which dont work for me. Am having a severe case of the "f*ck its" and eating too much.

Why aren't you tracking what you eat? Without tracking I'd never reach my Protein goals since I can't remember what I did 10 minutes ago.

Tracking Protein (at the very least) is a major success factor as far as I am concerned.

Getting back to basics may help you get back on track.

Embrace the Stall!

http://BariatricPal.com/index.php?/topic/351046-Embrace-the-Stall

For those that have gained after meeting your goal, please tell us why you have gained. Was it going back to eating the wrong items, trouble with binging, late night eating, cravings, or depression? It will help us working to goal without scaring us because we see that you have gain and it worries us!

I can't tell you why people gain after reaching goal.....but I'd bet it has a lot to do with all of the things you listed plus a dozen more. All I know is that I have maintained within 4-5 pounds of my lowest weight for 14 months and I do it by eating healthy and working the plan every single day. I go back to basic Protein and veggies or even a couple days of liquid Protein "preop" diet if I pop even one pound above my range. I don't eat perfect every day, but I am proactive when I know I'm going to eat off plan and make sure I start any holidays, binge weekends, etc at the bottom of my bounce range.

I have done this through the loss of two beloved pets and my best friends suicide. I've never felt more depressed than I am right now. But being a successful WLS patient is a priority for me and I've worked hard not to deal with my emotions through food and alcohol. Gaining my weight back would be oh, so easy. You just have to figure out how to deal with life and make the option of slipping back into old habits simply and completely unacceptable.

I am still early in my program and losing, but based on many posts I have read, my guess is that some reasons some people gain weight back is that: 1) they think the surgery itself is sufficient and don't ever deal with the underlying issues that led to their obesity, 2) never learn new, healthy coping skills for dealing with stress, 3) don't use the resources available to help them such as their bariatric team and/or 4) just quit following their program.

I am sure there are others.

Because i am mad at the world and dont give a sh!t any more. I have a stress fracture in my knee and even with pain went to gym with personal trainer 3x a week. But i panicked and freaked out and decided i am never going to find any relief from chronic depression. I do EVERYTHING right and nothing goes my way anyhow so why bother any more?? I cant live my life writing down everything i eat. I DONT WANT TO DO THAT. I give up. That's why.

Why aren't you tracking what you eat? Without tracking I'd never reach my Protein goals since I can't remember what I did 10 minutes ago.

Tracking Protein (at the very least) is a major success factor as far as I am concerned.

Embrace the Stall!

Because i am mad at the world and dont give a **** any more. I have a stress fracture in my knee and even with pain went to gym with personal trainer 3x a week. But i panicked and freaked out and decided i am never going to find any relief from chronic depression. I do EVERYTHING right and nothing goes my way anyhow so why bother any more?? I cant live my life writing down everything i eat. I DONT WANT TO DO THAT. I give up. That's why.

Embrace the Stall!

I am so sorry to hear you are having such a difficult time. As someone who has a lot of experience with depression, may I suggest that you give your therapist a call and make an appointment if you don't have one already scheduled.

Do you attend any support groups?

Inner surfer girl...she wants me to investigate transcranial magnetic stimuation for the depression. Any takers?

For me it was just eating whatever I wanted to eat without weighing myself and not sticking to the program like I needed to. I still can't eat a lot but it was what I was eating. I started this post to find out if we could gain weight back and unfortunately found out that you can if you fool around with the eating. Stay on track. Stay focused. Weigh yourself to be accountable. And don't eat those slider foods. It will catch up to you. I got 6 lbs under my goal weight. And now I'm 19 lbs over my goal weight. Best wishes to you.

Inner surfer girl...she wants me to investigate transcranial magnetic stimuation for the depression. Any takers?

I've never heard of it. Why does she recommend it? What research is there on it? I wouldn't agree or disagree with her recommendation out of hand without finding out more.