Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight Gained Since Having Gastric Sleeve Surgery

I am so happy I learned about the 5:2 plan from this thread. I used to post on this thread all the time because I was so frustrated that I could not lose my 15 lb regain.

Honestly, if you feel like you're stuck, read up on the FAST diet , or 5:2 or intermitant fasting. I don't know why it works, but it does!

It's been 3 week's for me, I went down 20 lbs the first 2 week and then went up 1/2 lbs. Now this week i am back down 1 1/2 putting my total at 21 1/2 after 3 weeks. :rolleyes:

I'm one of the people who had gained over 20 pounds after getting the VSG. I have finally gotten it all off and am slightly below my lowest weight after surgery. I plan on losing at least 3 more pounds which will take me to 90 pounds.

I seem to fluctuate a lot here. Today I weighed myself numerous times and I still weighed in at my all time lowest of 141.2 lbs. WTH, yesterday I weighed in at 148.2 lbs....I had a very emotional day and ate horrid foods too......The bottom line is that this is a tool and it is our choice what we put into our mouths. The scale will fluctuate daily, I do know that I love my body image now and feel a lot better too. That is a blessing in its self... :P

... as long as you consider this a topic of discussion and not presented in any way as research, then this is slightly interesting. It is in no way representative of VSG patients.

... as long as you consider this a topic of discussion and not presented in any way as research' date=' then this is slightly interesting. It is in no way representative of VSG patients.[/quote']

Not sure what precisely you are referring to. Can you elaborate? I think almost everything on VST is anecdotal, not intended to be research backed.

I am a almost a year out and u have only lost 40 pounds what am I doing wrong I workout and watch what I eat help advise

I am a almost a year out and u have only lost 40 pounds what am I doing wrong I workout and watch what I eat help advise

Please give us a little more information. Things like:

1 What was your start weight?

2. What is your goal weight?

3. How are you measuring your food? Carbs? Calories?

4. Based on how you are measuring/ monitoring your food intake, how many carbs/ calories are you taking in on a day?

5. What kinds of foods are you eating? Give us some typical examples.

... as long as you consider this a topic of discussion and not presented in any way as research, then this is slightly interesting. It is in no way representative of VSG patients.

I, too, would like to understand your post better. As the 545th posting on a thread that stretches 28 pages on a web browser (mobile devices will be different), how can you say this is not representative of VSG patients? Albeit, I believe there are varying degrees of quality in the postings as I don't believe the original intention of the OP intended people who are only a few weeks post-op to report their gains as I am confident they were able to lose that weight shortly after. But, I think everybody's contribution here is very relevant to someone who is researching. That is why it is pinned.

These are real, dyed in the wool VSG folk ... real world stuff. If someone researching wants additional information on someone's experience, I can think of nobody better to contact them then through this thread or VST ...

Edited by PdxMan

Please give us a little more information. Things like:

1 What was your start weight?

2. What is your goal weight?

3. How are you measuring your food? Carbs? Calories?

4. Based on how you are measuring/ monitoring your food intake, how many carbs/ calories are you taking in on a day?

5. What kinds of foods are you eating? Give us some typical examples.

I would also ask:

Are you logging your food

Attending a support group

Weighing or measuring your food

Weighing yourself daily

???

What works for me is doing all of the above, I call it my dashboard, just like on my truck I look at it daily and it

will tell me if something needs to be changed or adjusted a little. I am 3 years, 4 months out, I've been maintaining for over 2.5 years. This is my new normal, as natural to me as breathing.

At this point, I eat whatever I want, nothing is 'off limits' except carbonation. There are things I choose to not eat or not eat often, and this surgery helps make that pretty easy. I don't feel deprived and for the first time ever, I don't feel guilty. I need 1300 calories to maintain and I am having no problem staying at 1300 and many times UNDER by a little. It's easy to get more calories than you need, when I was losing, I never got over 800, but that was at the last, my average was 450 - 600 calories. I made sure I got all my Protein and chose well.

I am certain, with a few adjustments to YOUR dashboard, you'll start seeing the scale head in the right direction!! Good luck!

I regularly weigh myself every Sunday am on an empty stomach, in the buff. If I feel bloated, I will weigh in during the week for a reality check. For 3 days, I ate off plan, fatty foods, and was shocked to see I gained 1.5 # only 10 weeks out. Great wakeup call. I am learning the Rules are there BECAUSE THEY WORK. ( emphasis for my own benefit only) best wishes

As far as I can tell, most on the forum would agree that persons with lower BMI's tend to lose slower. What opinion, do most hold with regard to weight loss and body type. Are we seeing any significant differences between weight loss in an hourglass body type vs. an apple or pear body type?

Edited by Skinny in Here

I was sleeved just in May, so I'm prolly not a good person to ask, however, gaining is my biggest fear. I have had times where I failed and noshed on some potato chips and such, but no change in weight thank goodness. Good poll tho, thanks :)

Sleeved: 10/1/13

I have gained 1-3 pounds close to my period while on birth control. I lost it by the end of the week but my weight loss slowed down considerably while on the pill. My surgeon had me come off of it again because I have had a lot of nausea and it got worse with my BC. Now that the pill is not being taken I'm back to losing 3-4 lbs a week.

I gained back 15 lbs and it was hell to lose it . I have learned my lesson and I will weigh every day and keep exercise a priority in my life.

I know now I can't throw in little treats here and there very often or I'll be battling

another regain.