Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight Gained Since Having Gastric Sleeve Surgery

When I tried to quit smoking I gained 8lbs! I am down all 8 now and weigh in on Thursday' date=' I "feel" I should be down another 3 by then.[/quote']

Congratulations on quitting smoking, I know how difficult it is and what a gift itis to your health.

I haven't really gained weight other than the up and down of about 3lbs, my problem is over the last four months I have only lost 5lbs. I am 8 months in and feeling very discouraged. I have not been exercising so I am at fault and the food choices are not that great. I need to hit the reset button, I don't take time for me my days are so hectic and I do not let my self be selfish in a way of taking time to prepare my food, workout, and take set aside the money for Vitamins. Any suggestions are welcome, don't be mean or rude I don't need that kind of response just some support and suggestions would be great.

I haven't really gained weight other than the up and down of about 3lbs, my problem is over the last four months I have only lost 5lbs. I am 8 months in and feeling very discouraged. I have not been exercising so I am at fault and the food choices are not that great. I need to hit the reset button, I don't take time for me my days are so hectic and I do not let my self be selfish in a way of taking time to prepare my food, workout, and take set aside the money for Vitamins. Any suggestions are welcome, don't be mean or rude I don't need that kind of response just some support and suggestions would be great.

if wt loss is important to you then u need to start making time for yourself and your needs. other ppl dont understand your needs (now). just get your book back out and start following the food plan. you need your B12 and a multi vit and a B50-B100, get you Protein Powder, and eat meat like chicken and steak the real stuff fills u up quick so u can eat other not so good stuff. rid the house of junk foods. carry high protein/low carb bars with you, carry nuts stuff like that for when u need to eat but aren't home. start walking, or riding a bike, don't go out and kill yourself, do something you enjoy and work your way up to a good pace and distance. if you doing like going to a gym starting a gym will be a waste of money, i like to cycle and walking. and i love riding my motorcycle. i'm at dr goal wt, ( size 4) i am feeling great and i eat great food, and exercise regularly. if its want you want you can do it :D

I have found taking the time is really important. If I cook most of my food, I am way more in control of what I put in my mouth. Also if you don't already do it, log what you do eat... in MFP or something. Seeing for yourself what you eat, healthy or junk, is really powerful. I log it all, and when I don't, I usually gain. Later, when your hunger goes up and it is easier to gain, you will be happy that you have this habit.

logging your food into somewhere like My fitness Pal really helps because it's way easier to consume more calories than you think. Plus for me, knowing I'm going to log in every bite I put in my mouth makes me not want to eat in between meals or after dinner.< /p>

Am I the only one or does this thread keep getting marked as having a new post, every few days? I don't get it.

Am I the only one or does this thread keep getting marked as having a new post, every few days? I don't get it.

Maybe it gets marked anytime someone responds to the poll?

I bet that's it. I forgot about the poll.

I'm up 6 pounds... and it's extremely frustrating... ugh! it's getting me super discouraged... which I know is ridiculous because that means I've still lost 112 pounds... but still! Ugh! I need to get back on it...!

That 6 can turn into 20, believe me! Take a hard look at whats up.... write everything down, Protein first... You can do it! Easier at 6 than 20.... (I gained 22 pounds last year.... in a blink of an eye!) I have been using the 5:2 plan and have managed to get the weight off at last (still 2 pounds away... but that close!)

That 6 can turn into 20, believe me! Take a hard look at whats up.... write everything down, Protein first... You can do it! Easier at 6 than 20.... (I gained 22 pounds last year.... in a blink of an eye!) I have been using the 5:2 plan and have managed to get the weight off at last (still 2 pounds away... but that close!)

Don't I know it can happen quickly. Prior to surgery I could wake up and realize I was ten or twelve heavier, or yikes, my jeans are tight and I needed to go up a size!!! This is exactly why I am a micro manager....For over three years now, I weigh every single morning. I go to the bathroom, wash my hands and weigh. It is what it is....a habit, part of my new life! :)

HI Y'all' date=' I wanted to do some research with REAL people instead of reading about it in some report. I'm wondering how much weight (IF ANY) you have gained since being sleeved. I go up between 1-3 lbs. so my answer would be 1-5 lbs. I'm curious to see how this goes. Thanks![/quote']

I have gained weight one week post op?

I have gained weight one week post op?

thats normal. Its from the IV and swelling. I think she was asking if you had gained weight much later in the process.... closer to goal....

Hi y'all, I am only two months out but have already had to deal with a two week period of not losing an ounce and a few days of actually gaining 3 pounds. From my own (still quite early) experience I think we need to be careful about what "gaining" weight means. I think we will all have small fluctuations. I think a true weight gain is an increase in weight that does not go away even after time (hmmm, how much time? I am not sure) has past. I suspect we all had weight fluctuations before surgery. The sleeve is a procedure not a magic wand. Life's old rules still apply (pre-menstral blot, Constipation, Water retention after a high salt meal, etc. etc). These were cause for temporary weight gains for me in the past. I suspect they will be for me still.