Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where did you have you surgeries?

Sounds like a big pain I hope you don't give up. If this is what you think you will need then keep trying and make it happen. If I was in your position I would start saving and research Mexico. There are a ton of good doctors there and most people have great experiences there. Sorry you are getting so frustrated. :(

Thank you for your post. Yes, I am frustrated and disappointed. I am mostly disappointed.

Yes, I am going to start saving a little something q month.

I also have been trying to be mindful of what I eat.

Maybe when the Obama Care kicks in next year there will be provisions for WLS. Maybe I will be able to buy an insurance that does cover it.

I would like to stay in the states. We have great Docs here too.

I will be positive. If WLS is meant for me to do it will happen.

My purpose of joining this site is to learn.

Thanks again

Searching

Searching - I used to be a benefit advocate for a broker, I'm confused over what happened and how E&O would possibly apply in this situation. Feel free to PM me if you want to chat in detail.

I had zero help from my band surgeon in supporting my desire for a revision, or helping with insurance. I was at a loss at to how to proceed. My aunt dragged me to one of Dr. Srikanth's seminars, as she was getting a DS. I LOVED him and Sarah, his insurance coordinator. I made my own appt for a consult, and found them to be extremely supportive. Dr. S submitted an excellent letter to my insurance, which he composed himself. There was a single request for additional information, which they submitted, and an approval soon followed. I'd highly recommend them!

04/11/2013

Hi Pinkpeonie,

I have been gone for awhile as I was sick.

I am sorry I didn't reply to your post to me. I really appreciate your response.

Yes, I would love to talk to you. I looked on your info for your email address but it wasn't listed.

It is kind of a coincendence but I talked to my new GP about WLS yesterday and asked if he knew the Doctor you recommended.

Yes, I would really like to understand what took place with the broker and the surgery center.

I have heard from others with Regence also that they did not have WLS in their policies.

Everything in regards to insurance coverage may change this coming year due to Obama Care?

But I haven't been able to even find a different policy to purchase that has WLS in it.

I would love to talk with you.

Searching

I'm going to have sleeve surgery on May 13th with dr Montgomery with NWWLS. It will be done at Evergreen hosp per my insurance request. I'm excited and nervous and looking for any helpful information I can find. So far this site has been Great!

Hi, Pammers - do you know why your insurance requested your surgery be done at Evergreen? I'm just curious, don't have any particular bias either way.

They require it be done at an accredited hospital rather than a weight loss surgery center. But lots are done at NWWLS

Interesting, thank you for that, Pammers. Would you mind sharing which insurance you have? I'm still a couple of months from my approval being submitted, so I'm trying to prepare for the answers I'm likely to get :)

My surgery was at Puget Sound surgical in Edmonds.

Hi all I had my sleeve done at Virginia Mason Hospital with Dr Hunter outta Federal Way. I'm very pleased with my stay and his bedside manners and that of all his team!

Puget Sound Surgical Center, Dr. Landerholm. I had an amazing experience.

Surgery isn't until the 7th of April but my surgeon is Dr. Srikanth.

Mine was last Wed the 25th with Dr Kaufman. It was better than expected, PSSC has an amazing program set up for their follow up care. The new Shoreline facility is very close to my work and is very nice.

Still a little sore but recovering well.

I agree. Doing self-pay at PSSC was the best decision I have ever made. Dr. Harris was phenomenal as well as every staff member involved in the two year nutrition, fitness and psychological part of the journey. Well worth the money.

Dr. Lily Chang- Virginia Mason Bariatrics @ The VM hospital in Seattle WA