Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Protein shakes and drinks info for a Newbie

I dont usually post in the Post-op section, but I figured this would be the best place for me to get some of my Protein shake/drink questions answered. My NUT gave me "homework"...told me to find a Protein shake or drink that has more than 15 grams of Protein per serving. I need you guys to help me.

I know I'm not the only one who's ever asked for this info, so if there's a link or a post that has all the info regarding shakes and Proteins before and after surgery, please let me know!

I want to order some samples. What should I try? What website should I go to?

I liked the slimfast shakes when I was on that diet, but realize they probably dont have the proper amount of nutritional values to meet my needs once i'm sleeved. Do the Protein Shakes taste like Slimfast, or are they all gritty and gross tasting? Right now I like sweets stuff. I'm more of a chocolate loving kinda gal, but will tolerate strawberry and vanilla (in that order) if I have to.

What's the best chewable Multivitamin out there? Should I just stick to taking Flintstone Vitamins?

If you had to pick one Protein Shake to live on for the rest of your life, what would it be?

Protien shakes I really like Muscle MIlk Light it taste really good they have a huge variety of flavors....I purchased it from Amazon (average 20.00 a canister)...Chewable Vitamins I use Centrum chewables they taste kinda like Orange juice not to awful!!

My surgeon said I should find a Protein shake that has 20 grams of Protein per 8 ounce serving and less than 12 gr of sugar per 8 ounce serving. I used the BSN Lean Dessert protein and I bought it at Amazon.com

As for Vitamins, immediately after surgery they had me on Flintstones Complete twice a day. I switched to a pill form after 30 days.

I dont usually post in the Post-op section, but I figured this would be the best place for me to get some of my protein shake/drink questions answered. My NUT gave me "homework"...told me to find a Protein Shake or drink that has more than 15 grams of protein per serving. I need you guys to help me.

I know I'm not the only one who's ever asked for this info, so if there's a link or a post that has all the info regarding shakes and Proteins before and after surgery, please let me know!

I want to order some samples. What should I try? What website should I go to?

I liked the slimfast shakes when I was on that diet, but realize they probably dont have the proper amount of nutritional values to meet my needs once i'm sleeved. Do the Protein Shakes taste like Slimfast, or are they all gritty and gross tasting? Right now I like sweets stuff. I'm more of a chocolate loving kinda gal, but will tolerate strawberry and vanilla (in that order) if I have to.

What's the best chewable Multivitamin out there? Should I just stick to taking Flintstone Vitamins?

If you had to pick one protein shake to live on for the rest of your life, what would it be?

I love the nectar brand of Protein powder. Some say it's too sweet, but I don't think it is. They have samples available from Nashuanutrition.com and many other places. It has 23 g of Protein per serving, zero carbs.

For Vitamins & Calcium, I'm currently using Bariatric Advantage - although it's kinda chalky. I have tried the Bariatric fusion brand and like those much better and will be ordering those once my other supply is depleted. I think they have samples but I'm not sure.

Here' s my 2 cents worth...

At first I bought 3 different flavors of Protein powder: chocolate, vanilla, Peanut Butter. Now, all I use is the Muscle Milk Vanilla (buy it in an 80 scoop bag from Costco).

I use it because it is SO Versatile. I can make it chocolate by adding unsweetened cocoa, I can make it PB by adding a Tbspn of peanut butter! I can make it coffee flavored by using cold coffee or instant coffee, I can use essences (i.e., orange for a creamsicle, rum for a nog...). Unlimited possibilities. Perfect in a smoothie.

Here are the basics: 1 Scoop 130 Cals, 2 grams Fat, 2 grams Carbs, 27 grams protein

This mixes with 5 oz Water so there is less to drink AND it mixes so well in 30 seconds in my Magic Bullet. I don't have to chug 12 oz to get 27 gr of protein!

Yess! Thanks for the website info!

I love the nectar brand of Protein powder. Some say it's too sweet, but I don't think it is. They have samples available from nashuanutrition.com and many other places. It has 23 g of Protein per serving, zero carbs.

For Vitamins & Calcium, I'm currently using Bariatric Advantage - although it's kinda chalky. I have tried the Bariatric fusion brand and like those much better and will be ordering those once my other supply is depleted. I think they have samples but I'm not sure.

Muscle Milk huh? I'll def try it sans the Peanut Butter *YUCK*! lol

Here' s my 2 cents worth...

At first I bought 3 different flavors of Protein powder: chocolate, Vanilla, Peanut Butter. Now, all I use is the Muscle Milk Vanilla (buy it in an 80 scoop bag from Costco).

I use it because it is SO Versatile. I can make it chocolate by adding unsweetened cocoa, I can make it PB by adding a Tbspn of peanut butter! I can make it coffee flavored by using cold coffee or instant coffee, I can use essences (i.e., orange for a creamsicle, rum for a nog...). Unlimited possibilities. Perfect in a smoothie.< /p>

Here are the basics: 1 Scoop 130 Cals, 2 grams Fat, 2 grams Carbs, 27 grams protein

This mixes with 5 oz Water so there is less to drink AND it mixes so well in 30 seconds in my Magic Bullet. I don't have to chug 12 oz to get 27 gr of protein!

Unjury chicken and Unjury chocolate are really good and 20g of Protein per serving with 4g of carb. I also like RTD EAS Vanilla 17g of protein 2g of carb and I have heard Isopure isn't bad either if you do the powders not the RTD.

I love the nectar Protein as well 23g and whey Gourmet 21 g of protein- You can mix them with Water, milk, juice or an ensure/boost and are tasty, non grainy and fill you up. I have done this for 3 years with my lap band and am not sick of them yet :)