Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am finally able to begin posting....

Yesterday I found out that my sleeve surgery date is Friday, July 29, 2011.....only a week and a half away. I am so excited and SOO nervous!!! I am ready to be on the other side already. If only there were a way to go to sleep then wake up and it's over. OH WAIT......that's called surgery. Well I'll just say this....I'M READY!

I'm most nervous about complications and the what-if's AND the cost of the what if's. I'm a cash patient so if ANYTHING happens as a result of the surgery, I'm up a creek....or might even be 6' under. See, my insurance won't cover the surgery or any medical complications resulting from the surgery. Well that stinks. Looks like my Dr better be on his game that day. No jacking around inside my belly mister! I hope I'm one of the 'good' statistics. I guess I should start praying now.

I'm nervous about throwing up, being nauseous, not losing weight, hair falling out, saggy 'girls', mushy stomach....I could go on but I think you get the picture. I begin my pre-op diet this Friday, one week from my surgery. I've already warned folks that it would be best to not talk to me next week.....I might be SLIGHTLY on edge. Hey, it's fair to warn them. If they cross my threshold, whether at work or at home, it's at their own risk. Heck, they might even get eaten.

I'm trying to decide what I want my 'last meal' to be - I love Mexican, Italian, American, Chinese.....do I need to go on? NO!!!!! That's why I got here! Oh well, whatever it is I KNOW it will be AWESOME!

That leads me to where I am today.......WAITING!!! Excited and Nervous! I am so thankful that my family is supporting me. My confidence is growing with their words of encouragement.

I must go for now...I just wanted to share my thoughts and feelings. Thanks in advance to all of you on this site. It has REALLY helped me - it helped with my decision, learning do's and don't's, what to take to the hospital, what to purchase for after the surgery, etc. I have been a reading-fool on this site. LOVE IT!

<_< What does your pre op diet consist of? Just curious since your surgery is next week and you arent on any sort of pre op diet yet? Im jealous.

<_< What does your pre op diet consist of? Just curious since your surgery is next week and you arent on any sort of pre op diet yet? Im jealous.

Wouldn't you know I left it at home. But let me see if I remember correctly - LIQUID! 3-4 Protein shakes a day, 64oz of Water a day, broth, Jello-sugarfree, unsweetened tea or coffee. I believe that pretty much sums it up. They said NO sugar. Next Thursday I can have sugar - something to do with them not wanting my sugar levels to drop before/during/after surgery.

What are you doing? I'm curious to know. And you said you were jealous - why? Do you have a much longer Pre-Op Diet?

Good Luck Texas Gal. Where are you having your surgery?

Good Luck Texas Gal. Where are you having your surgery?

Wise Regional Health System in Decatur, TX. I live in Arlington, TX. Where are you located and when is your surgery or have you already had it?

Does your surgeon have BLIS coverage available? I'm self pay too - but my surgeon included 90 days of BLIS coverage in the cost of the surgery. The BLIS coverage will cover any complications there might be for the self pay patients. You might want to check into that.

Wise Regional Health System in Decatur, TX. I live in Arlington, TX. Where are you located and when is your surgery or have you already had it?

You know, we aren't that far from each other. When we are both healed up, we should meet up for a lunch!

Does your surgeon have BLIS coverage available? I'm self pay too - but my surgeon included 90 days of BLIS coverage in the cost of the surgery. The BLIS coverage will cover any complications there might be for the self pay patients. You might want to check into that.

Nancy....thank you so much. I will ask about that. Do you remember the cost?

You know, we aren't that far from each other. When we are both healed up, we should meet up for a lunch!

Absolutely.....hopefully we like the same foods so we can share. LOL!!!

Unfortunately no, I don't know the cost of it - it was built into the price I was quoted. It was $15,300 for the surgery (everything included for the surgery), 1 year of followup care, BLIS coverage for 90 days, 6 months membership at the fitness center, 2 meetings with a personal trainer.

Congrats on your upcoming surgery date!! Loved the part where you have warned everyone they might become lunch haha. Good luck on a easy surgery and a speedy recovery!!! Update us on how you're doing!

:)

Yesterday I found out that my sleeve surgery date is Friday, July 29, 2011.....only a week and a half away. I am so excited and SOO nervous!!! I am ready to be on the other side already. If only there were a way to go to sleep then wake up and it's over. OH WAIT......that's called surgery. Well I'll just say this....I'M READY!

I'm most nervous about complications and the what-if's AND the cost of the what if's. I'm a cash patient so if ANYTHING happens as a result of the surgery, I'm up a creek....or might even be 6' under. See, my insurance won't cover the surgery or any medical complications resulting from the surgery. Well that stinks. Looks like my Dr better be on his game that day. No jacking around inside my belly mister! I hope I'm one of the 'good' statistics. I guess I should start praying now.

I'm nervous about throwing up, being nauseous, not losing weight, hair falling out, saggy 'girls', mushy stomach....I could go on but I think you get the picture. I begin my pre-op diet this Friday, one week from my surgery. I've already warned folks that it would be best to not talk to me next week.....I might be SLIGHTLY on edge. Hey, it's fair to warn them. If they cross my threshold, whether at work or at home, it's at their own risk. Heck, they might even get eaten.

I remember that excitement of getting the day and counting down! I was almost as exciting as having a baby! (not that I want more!) This surgery is a new begining and a huge gift much in the same way a new baby is! However we will be the new baby size instead of the baby that grows big, we grow small :)

When my doctor told this was actually a very simple operation and should only take about 40 minutes I felt a new sense of peace about it. You will be fine!

I'm trying to decide what I want my 'last meal' to be - I love Mexican, Italian, American, Chinese.....do I need to go on? NO!!!!! That's why I got here! Oh well, whatever it is I KNOW it will be AWESOME!

That leads me to where I am today.......WAITING!!! Excited and Nervous! I am so thankful that my family is supporting me. My confidence is growing with their words of encouragement.

I must go for now...I just wanted to share my thoughts and feelings. Thanks in advance to all of you on this site. It has REALLY helped me - it helped with my decision, learning do's and don't's, what to take to the hospital, what to purchase for after the surgery, etc. I have been a reading-fool on this site. LOVE IT!

I'm just east of Dallas in the Rockwall area. Yes I had my surgery done last week in Plano.

Good Luck.

Texas Gal, I too am being sleeved on the 29th too. I'm sending you a friend request on here so we can keep in touch. Don't worry too much- If I could get back all the time I've spent worrying about things that never happened, I could probably add years to my life!