Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello Sleeve Sistas

I am 3 weeks post-op and had a question regarding facial hair. Maybe its due to Vitamins, but I havnt had facial hair grow this fast or noticeable this much? Im 36. Anyway what do you ladies do about it? Wax? I have done threading but it seems like I have to do it everymonth.

Anything will help thanks

Hey, Jinjin. Were you taking any medication before your procedure that you are not now, like birth control pills, or Metformin? I have bad facial hair due to severe PCOS, and if I stop taking my birth control pills (to regulate hormones) my 'beard' explodes :blink:

I have also heard that even with the surgery and weight loss, the Hair growth does not go away....so sad :(

I just literally pluck mine every morning...if I let it go like a week, though, plucking is almost not an option as there are too many. I absolutely hate it and was looking forward to the weight loss to alleviate it, but like I said, I keep hearing it doesn't go away. I couldn't imagine the freedom and time I would have if I didnt' have to pluck anymore. I keep thinking I'll give in one day and just shave it, but I really, really don't want the dreaded five o'clock shadow! It's so obvious on a double (triple!) chin!!!!

Anyone out there have this issue, lost most their weight, and it IS better? Or is it true that it doesn't go away??

I keep reading about the hair loss from surgery and was hoping that would include my errant chin hairs! :)

Your facial hair growth is probably here to stay. Sorry. :(

The hairloss from surgery is not permanent, so even if it did affect your facial hair, it would probably jsut give you enough break that you would hate it even more when it came back. Hehe. If you notice hairloss, it will be from your head (scalp). I think... ;)

I was about 200 lbs overweight for a long time, and my mom's side of the family is Greek and my dad's side is Native American. 'nough side, right? I dropped about 175 lbs, and have maintained a loss of about 120 lbs, and have not seen ANY difference in unwanted facial hair.

I wax/pluck. I'm seriously considering something called "No! No!" I don't tend to buy things I see on TV, but I have read some really good reviews about that one.

A girlfriend of mine had the beard growth. She had RNY, lost all her weightplus about 18 lbs, then gained back about 25 lbs. She shaves in the morning, in the shower. She's single, and we went shopping one day and she was buying a man's razor and facial shaving cream. I was like... wtf??

Facial hair is a secondary sex characteristic in humans, usually males. Men often start developing facial hair in the later years of puberty or adolescence, approximately between 17–20 years of age, and most do not finish developing a fully adult beard until their early 20s or even later.[1] [2] This varies, as boys may first develop facial hair between 14–16 years of age, and boys as young as 11 have been known to develop facial hair. In addition, the Patches of hair can vary between bushy and bristly. Women are also capable of developing facial hair, especially after menopause, though typically significantly less than men.

Thanks

SEO services

I'm only 11 days out, but my dr said it should get better as my pcos symptoms go away. Time will tell, I guess??

Your facial hair growth is probably here to stay. Sorry. :(

The hairloss from surgery is not permanent, so even if it did affect your facial hair, it would probably jsut give you enough break that you would hate it even more when it came back. Hehe. If you notice hairloss, it will be from your head (scalp). I think... ;)

I was about 200 lbs overweight for a long time, and my mom's side of the family is Greek and my dad's side is Native American. 'nough side, right? I dropped about 175 lbs, and have maintained a loss of about 120 lbs, and have not seen ANY difference in unwanted facial hair.

I wax/pluck. I'm seriously considering something called "No! No!" I don't tend to buy things I see on TV, but I have read some really good reviews about that one.

A girlfriend of mine had the beard growth. She had RNY, lost all her weightplus about 18 lbs, then gained back about 25 lbs. She shaves in the morning, in the shower. She's single, and we went shopping one day and she was buying a man's razor and facial shaving cream. I was like... wtf??

Native Americans don't generally have much facial hair, but the Greek part - that would probably make up for it!tongue.gif I'm not Greek but I have issues with the facial hair. I wax and pluck. Probably will the rest of my life. <<sigh>>

If you try the No No thing let us know how it works!

I am still in preop but have suffered with facial hair all my life. the only thing that will get rid of it forever is LASER treatments. You must do these for a while to get the hair in a special growth cycle for it to die and not come back. I have had it done, it is expensive but usually the dermatologist will make deals for people with excess growth. I think I paid $1,000.00 and was able to go enough to stop the facial hair from growing back. DO NOT BUY the laser on TV, it is not strong enough to "zap" the roots. Go to a dermitologist to have it done so you won't be scarred. It is worth the money to have it done and feel good about your facial features. Good Luck. :D