Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Good luck today lady!!!! xoxo

Good luck today lady!!!! xoxo

Thanks sleeve sister :)

OK Lots of info at the class today. Kaiser will cover panni 100%. I will meet surgeon 4 to 6 weeks from today. Booking for surgery could be 1 week to 3 months after meeting surgeon. Incision is hip to hip. Drain 1-2 weeks (this freaks me out big time). No blood transfusion needed (only lose a cup at the most). It is an outpatient procedure. Surgery is 2-4 hours long. Recovery is also 2-4 hours. Your BMI must be no greater than 30 (Kaiser). Have a stable weight (they say for at least 6 months). Good health. They really emphasize being at your goal weight because if your not, you can develop another pannus and they will not pay for a second surgery. Off work 3 weeks (office type job). No lifting or raising hands above head 1-3 weeks. Wear binder 1-8 weeks, then girdle for 2 to 6 months.

I also found out that Sunset Kaiser (Hollywood) will do every cosmetic procedure under the sun for a cost. From a face lift, ear lobe repair, thigh lift, Lipo, brow lift, etc, etc, etc. The consult is $100.00. There's a name and number on my form for anyone who would like to find out more information Jene Miles 1-323-857-2116. If you are interested in a full Tummy Tuck I would try and get a panni referral first because at the end of the class she did mentioned that Sunset Kaiser (only) will do a abdominoplasty and deduct the cost of the panni (as part of). That's the wording on this form as well.

I would totally do the lower body lift #1 if I could. I can't afford any out of pocket money sigh...I don't have any plans of showing my tummy EVER! LOL! I would however LOVE to wear my one piece without shorts :(.

Anyhoo, I am moving forward for now. I don't have any rashes and it's not a huge apron, BUT it's causing downstairs to pull with all the gravity. The obgyn said it would really help. So we will have to see.

Please let me know if you need any other information. I'm sure I have it in my notes :).

P.s. They did show lots of pics eeeewwwwww. Some came out really good, some not so much. The ones that lost more weight of course came out better. They did show pics of muffins left on the sides too, so something to think about.

OK Lots of info at the class today. Kaiser will cover panni 100%. I will meet surgeon 4 to 6 weeks from today. Booking for surgery could be 1 week to 3 months after meeting surgeon. Incision is hip to hip. Drain 1-2 weeks (this freaks me out big time). No blood transfusion needed (only lose a cup at the most). It is an outpatient procedure. Surgery is 2-4 hours long. Recovery is also 2-4 hours. Your BMI must be no greater than 30 (Kaiser). Have a stable weight (they say for at least 6 months). Good health. They really emphasize being at your goal weight because if your not, you can develop another pannus and they will not pay for a second surgery. Off work 3 weeks (office type job). No lifting or raising hands above head 1-3 weeks. Wear binder 1-8 weeks, then girdle for 2 to 6 months.

I also found out that Sunset Kaiser (Hollywood) will do every cosmetic procedure under the sun for a cost. From a face lift, ear lobe repair, thigh lift, Lipo, brow lift, etc, etc, etc. The consult is $100.00. There's a name and number on my form for anyone who would like to find out more information Jene Miles 1-323-857-2116. If you are interested in a full Tummy Tuck I would try and get a panni referral first because at the end of the class she did mentioned that Sunset Kaiser (only) will do a abdominoplasty and deduct the cost of the panni (as part of). That's the wording on this form as well.

I would totally do the lower body lift #1 if I could. I can't afford any out of pocket money sigh...I don't have any plans of showing my tummy EVER! LOL! I would however LOVE to wear my one piece without shorts :(.

Anyhoo, I am moving forward for now. I don't have any rashes and it's not a huge apron, BUT it's causing downstairs to pull with all the gravity. The obgyn said it would really help. So we will have to see.

Please let me know if you need any other information. I'm sure I have it in my notes :).

P.s. They did show lots of pics eeeewwwwww. Some came out really good, some not so much. The ones that lost more weight of course came out better. They did show pics of muffins left on the sides too, so something to think about.

Well it sounds very promising for you! I agree in that Tummy Tucks or Panniculectomies should definitely wait until the patient is completely finish losing weight and are stable for months more. *hugs* and looking forward to reading about your transformation :) I know it will make you feel so much better!!

Wow, that's very interesting about the cosmetic surgery they offer at Sunset...and that we could have a credit applied for the cost of the panni to get a real Tummy Tuck? That's very cool! Did you see breast augmentation on that list too? If only I could get Kaiser to say there's something wrong with mine so they would give me credit for that too ha ha! Thanks so much for the info. I will most likely be getting the panni done too. My doc already said they'd okay it, I'm just scared and should really lose another 15-20lbs first anyway. I will be watching your progress very closely so please keep us informed.

I had a drain for 9 days after my sleeve. It isn't too bad just terribly annoying you have to clip it onto your clothing and worry about forgetting and yanking your clothes off never happened but was always in the back of my mind. Taking a shower is fun no where to put it and it hurts if you just let it hang. It needs to be emptied we emptied mine twice a day. Emptying it is easy and you can do it yourself if you have to its just easier to have someone else do it. I am lucky that my husband is not one to get queasy (G)

OK THIS IS WHAT ACTUALLY SCARES ME THE MOST!!! One on each side after surgery. Really???? I've never had one and it just looks so long, where does it go EXACTLY???? It looks waaaay tooo long LOL....

P.s. I took this pic in class (just a random guy in back ground who also attended the class lol)

post-2724-13813657095669_thumb.jpg

I had a drain for 9 days after my sleeve. It isn't too bad just terribly annoying you have to clip it onto your clothing and worry about forgetting and yanking your clothes off never happened but was always in the back of my mind. Taking a shower is fun no where to put it and it hurts if you just let it hang. It needs to be emptied we emptied mine twice a day. Emptying it is easy and you can do it yourself if you have to its just easier to have someone else do it. I am lucky that my husband is not one to get queasy (G)

Scurrrrry LOL! Yeah the instructor said to make sure you don't safety pin it to your pants or you can yank it out (????). And if you let it hang it hurts (?????). Say what???? UGH!

Not all of it goes in about 1/3 of it is out of you. The reason it hurts to have it just hang is that it's weight pulls its not major pain or anything but you definitely feel it being tugged on. I think I hooked it onto my pants one day but was so paranoid about it though I can not imagine anyone forgetting it. Since they will not be touching your muscles your tube will go in the space between your skin and fat and muscle. I never felt it while it was inside me and taking it out was so painless I felt silly for taking pain meds before my appointment. The staples to be honest are a PITA they'll be in what 5 days? The drains will actually help with the staples.

A little FYI from my panni. I had two drains in for 2 weeks 5 days at which point they started coming out on their own. It was a Saturday night, and luckily, a good friend of mine who is happens to be a urologist was coming over. She called my ps on his cell and asked if it was ok if she removed the drains, and he said go ahead. I actually still had Fluid coming out of the holes for a couple of weeks after. Remember, my panni was paired with a hysterectomy, so your experience may be very different.

I used to keep the drain bulbs tucked into my panties. I would tease my husband to "check out my bulge"

One other thing......I had a thing called "retraction" where the drain holes were. Basically, the skin sort of retreated in at the spot....picture the finger poke on the pillsbury dough boy that doesn't pop back out. I told my doc "I'm a bowling ball!" (picture the three holes and you'll get it" When I have my breast reduction Sept 1, the ps is going to do scar reparation there which is also covered by my insurance. Yippee!

Lastly, in your information about your panni, did they mention moving your belly button. That will probably need to be done as well.

A little FYI from my panni. I had two drains in for 2 weeks 5 days at which point they started coming out on their own. It was a Saturday night, and luckily, a good friend of mine who is happens to be a urologist was coming over. She called my ps on his cell and asked if it was ok if she removed the drains, and he said go ahead. I actually still had Fluid coming out of the holes for a couple of weeks after. Remember, my panni was paired with a hysterectomy, so your experience may be very different.

I used to keep the drain bulbs tucked into my panties. I would tease my husband to "check out my bulge"

One other thing......I had a thing called "retraction" where the drain holes were. Basically, the skin sort of retreated in at the spot....picture the finger poke on the pillsbury dough boy that doesn't pop back out. I told my doc "I'm a bowling ball!" (picture the three holes and you'll get it" When I have my breast reduction Sept 1, the ps is going to do scar reparation there which is also covered by my insurance. Yippee!

Lastly, in your information about your panni, did they mention moving your belly button. That will probably need to be done as well.

They actually said that depending how low the belly button is, you may not end up with one at all yikes! And that it would be up to the surgeon...isn't that just weird, no belly button really??? I think I will be fine lol.

OK my panni appointment with the surgeon is scheduled for September 14th...omg, omg, omg. I still don't know what I'm going to do yet. We'll see how this appointment goes.

OK my panni appointment with the surgeon is scheduled for September 14th...omg, omg, omg. I still don't know what I'm going to do yet. We'll see how this appointment goes.

OMG OMG and you'll probably get a call from Kaiser saying they can fit you in earlier! ha ha. I don't blame you one bit for being nervous. I'm 75% sure I'll get it done also, but nervous that I'll have no lower stomach but a flabby part left on top. Did it sound like they pull the upper part down at all or just cut the overhang off and sew you up?? I mean staple you back together....eeeewwww. See you on the 13th at the park, right?

Oh yeah!!! Dahlin that's just a month away... I"m so happy for you! :lol: BTW I was crackin up over that pict with the random dude in it. I was wondering who the heck that was...

And I had a drain after my surgery. Just be prepared when they pull it out. It's a very weeiirrrdddd feeling. Not painful just heeby jeeby weird. LOL :)

OMG OMG and you'll probably get a call from Kaiser saying they can fit you in earlier! ha ha. I don't blame you one bit for being nervous. I'm 75% sure I'll get it done also, but nervous that I'll have no lower stomach but a flabby part left on top. Did it sound like they pull the upper part down at all or just cut the overhang off and sew you up?? I mean staple you back together....eeeewwww. See you on the 13th at the park, right?

I'm also 75% as well. I keep pulling my skin up or down to see how it may look and feel afterwards hahahaha! I'm not sure how they will actually do it (pull up or down), but I will find out. The thing that freaks me out the most is the drain, I'm not sure why, but it does :( .

Yes meeting on the 13th at the park :) yayyyy!