Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is there anyone from Iowa on this weight loss journey with me???

I want to hear from fellow Iowans that have already done the WLS or preparing to like myself!!! :)

I haven't been approved yet, but working on getting everything ready for submission.

I have attended the seminar, I have met the surgeon and dietician. I have had both of my mental health visits! I am on month 2 of 3 for supervised physcian diet and going to my support group meeting this weekend!! I am nervous and excited. I am hoping to have surgery in October!!! :)

Let me know where you are all at in your journey!!!

I want to hear from fellow Iowans that have already done the WLS or preparing to like myself!!! :)

I had my VSG January 24th. As of this week I'm down 76lbs. I'm in Des Moines and had Dr Eibes do my surgery. Where are you at? I am super happy with the sleeve and have had no complications.

Oh I am so happy to hear that. I am from Southern Iowa. What part do you think is the hardest? Pre-op/post-op, no drinking with meals. etc. That is awesome no complications. I am praying for approval then no complications.

I'm from Des Moines as well and Dr. Eibes will be performing my surgery. I am waiting on the approval for my insurance! It's such a long waiting game!!! I am very excited to find start this new life! :D

That is awesome...when are you anticipating surgery?

Oh I am so happy to hear that. I am from Southern Iowa. What part do you think is the hardest? Pre-op/post-op, no drinking with meals. etc. That is awesome no complications. I am praying for approval then no complications.

I found not taking that one last bite to be the hardest thing for me. I have always been a fast eater and I had to learn to give myself time to know when I was full. Not eating with the meal didn't bother me but I seem to always want 1 drink after eating and I'm usually too full for that.

My biggest advice is eat Protein. For the first 6 weeks I had very little carbs (only those I had in my Protein smoothies). I followed the eat protein then veggies, then carbs very literally. Most meals all I ate was protein because I was full before I had ate a full serving. Dr Eibes laughed at me at the 6 week appointment and told me to go have a salad but I personally think me following the instructions so literally helped me.

I'm in month four of six; down a total of 7lbs. The only thing I have left to do is support group and finish my last two supervised 'diet' appts, and then I should be able to submit to insurance. Dr. Eibes will be doing my surgery, and I'm hoping late September or Early October. The hardest part for me right now is I had to quit smoking, after smoking for the last twenty two years. That, and well....I just LOVE to eat.

I can't imagine how hard it would be to quit smoking. My mom has been a smoker for years and tries to quit but can't seem to make it over the hump. I think it's awesome that you're working on it before the surgery. It will make healing easier. Keep up the good work.

That would be tough. We will be hopefully doing surgery around the same time. I am thankful I have never smoked as it would be very hard to quit!! I wish you the best of luck!

That would be tough. We will be hopefully doing surgery around the same time. I am thankful I have never smoked as it would be very hard to quit!! I wish you the best of luck!

Thank you! The best of luck to you too!

I found out today that I have been submitted to Wellmark BCBS for approval. I am so excited and scared. :) I will probably call BCBS twice weekly till I get an answer! :) Praying I am approved first time!

I found out today that I have been submitted to Wellmark BCBS for approval. I am so excited and scared. :) I will probably call BCBS twice weekly till I get an answer! :) Praying I am approved first time!

I'm so jealous right now! Not jealous because you're probably like, 'JUST DECIDE YES ALREADY, but because you're so close! I have three weeks left before my last required Dr. Appt for diet, and then I have to wait four more days after that until I see Eibes again before they'll submit. My insurance (Principal) has been known to be pretty quick about the process; and according to others I've talked to that have gone all the way, but we'll just have to see. But I'll pray for your approval! Good Luck!! :D

Well, I am a little bummed as got denial letter but it was for two reasons that can be easily corrected. My doctor office messed up and only sent 2 of my 3 visits in for supervised diet and then they need a letter from my Doctor stating that I am a chronic corticosteriod user. They are so nit picky. I hope to have this information gathered by this week and resubmit again in couple weeks. I will win this battle!! :)