Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

JUST CURIOUS....6 months out!

I feel like I am losing slow as well I as sleeved March 15th and 43 pound weightloss does not include my pre-op diet because I too scared to weigh myself before the surgery so I weighed myself a day after I was sleeved and I weighed in at 234! I have lost 43lbs and I do not know if that is is slow or not but to me that is slow!!!!! I will get on the scale and it goes up a pound and down a pound the all of a sudden I will lose 4 to 5 lbs! Is there anyone else that is going through this as well? I am trying to hit a goal of 170 something by my bday!! What can I go to speed up my weight lost?

I have to remember that I didn't put this weight on overnight, I don't expect it all to come off overnight. I will take whatever I can in however long it will take me.

I was at about 130 pounds lost at 6 months. For ONCE in my life I actually had exceptional results in somethings I have done.

This really makes me feel so much better. I have been pretty hard on myself with my weight loss since it came off so fast early on. This week I have stepped up my workouts and I am going back to low/no carb. Will remeasure myself in 2 weeks. (crossing my fingers!)

I will am 5.5 mo out... 70 pounds lost. I've had to really work hard for every pound. It hasn't been easy. I am a slow loser for sure.

I just wanna be your cheerleader for a minute, and maybe add a different perspective so bare with me! ! !

You have lost 70% of your excess weight in LESS THAN 6 months, do you know how phenomenal that really is??? By every statistics out there, you are an extraordinary WLS patient success, and you are not even 12 months post-op ! ! !

The number of pounds might seem slow, or that you are a slow loser, but by every definition of success with the sleeve, you are well on your way to 100% excess weight lost to never be found again ! ! !

I wondering how do u calculate the percentage tiff?

Tiff, you seriously brought tears to my eyes! I have been having a rough time. I feel like the only time I lose good is when I do liquids. Which as we all know is not something we can do forever! I feel whenever I eat I gain.. If I miss one day of exercise I gain...I get so frustrated! Sometimes I see other people's numbers and feel like I am not doing enough...

So thank you for the pep talk!

I just wanna be your cheerleader for a minute, and maybe add a different perspective so bare with me! ! !

You have lost 70% of your excess weight in LESS THAN 6 months, do you know how phenomenal that really is??? By every statistics out there, you are an extraordinary WLS patient success, and you are not even 12 months post-op ! ! !

The number of pounds might seem slow, or that you are a slow loser, but by every definition of success with the sleeve, you are well on your way to 100% excess weight lost to never be found again ! ! !

Awwww YOU ARE THE BEST TIFFYKINS and amen to your comment too

I feel like I am losing slow as well I as sleeved March 15th and 43 pound weightloss does not include my pre-op diet because I too scared to weigh myself before the surgery so I weighed myself a day after I was sleeved and I weighed in at 234! I have lost 43lbs and I do not know if that is is slow or not but to me that is slow!!!!! I will get on the scale and it goes up a pound and down a pound the all of a sudden I will lose 4 to 5 lbs! Is there anyone else that is going through this as well? I am trying to hit a goal of 170 something by my bday!! What can I go to speed up my weight lost?

Yes, I am just like this. I do weigh-ins for the week on Tuesdays, but my weight is the same way. I was just telling a friend about how I lose and they agree that it is pretty normal. I lose 3-5 lbs. and then bounce up and down between the weight I hit for a few days usually 4-6 days and then I lose again 3-5lbs. Its very weird and kind of discerning in the beginning. I just try to stay off the scale if I am discouraged at all. Try just taking a whole weekend off and weigh in on Monday and seeing a loss is great I did that over the past weekend and didn't have to watch the scale bounce. It was great! Good Luck!!

I wondering how do u calculate the percentage tiff?

You look at the amount you have to lose to get to goal, and the amount you've lost to date.

Fullhandsfullheart had 100lbs to lose, she's lost 70lbs in 5.5 months.

Divide the pounds lost by the pounds to goal multiplied by 100 = Percentage of excess weight loss

(70 / 100) x 100= 70% EWL

My numbers are (145/120) x 100 = 120.8% of my excess weight loss

Also, the key to finding out your Percentage of excess weight is to 1) choose a goal based on your age, your build/frame/ and your weight NEED not GREED. My surgeon to this very day has it in my chart that it is his medical opinion that I am "underweight" at 5'2" and weighing 120-125lbs. He based this determination on my frame, I have huge knees, elbow and ankle bones along with a large barrel chest (wide rib cage). I may look petite and "tiny", but believe me, I can see the veins in my ankles, arms, necks knees all through my skin because the skin is stretched over the large bones. He measured my elbow and knee with this weird looking caliper type tool, and then reviewed a bone scan I had performed when they were evaluating my son's growth patterns and they need a parental scan to compare as well.

I'm new to this, so I was just wondering what kind of "complications" you had, if you don't mind sharing. Thanks!

I have lost a total of 115 pounds. I was sleeved November 15. However, I had many complications.

I'm four months out and have lost ~45 lb so far. That is 45% (thanks, Tiffy!) of my excess weight in four months -- which I think is great, though it's not as fast as some people. I am fine if I lose slowly, but I hope I lose some more still. B)