Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feeling of regret.. :( :(

All of you please be KIND to yourselves! You just had major surgery! You are going to feel ucky for a while yes, No pain,, no gain, ( in weight loss that is:) )

I tried to just think of every discomfort as the price I was willing to pay to get healthy. I kind thought of it all as proof I had done the right thing. Don't wake up at night to just to sip. You will be fine overnight without liquids. I promise each day gets better! Soon life with your sleeve will be the norm and you will be rocking the numbers on the scale!

I just keep thinking how im never goin to be able to enjoy a bbq with friends again... Or go out for pizza and a movie.. It really is depressing. Oh well... This is my life now.

I have to ring in also..........I am one week out. Had my sleeve last Monday, 6/6/2011. I too have felt like you. I guess we all do. I am not having any trouble getting liquids down, but the Protein is harder. Today, I had my first post-op visit and had my drain removed. I was like others and thought I was so prepared and ready for surgery and the aftermath. I too have had the rumbling and unexpected explosions of gas and diarrhea. I guess all of this is normal. Or so my doctor said it is. My husband said I am impatient. I guess I am. I will do exactly what I am asked to do because I wanted this and I will make it work. I want my health back and I want to drop the weight the way I know I will.

By the way, have you noticed how many food commercials are on this blasted TV? How many billboards with food advertisements are on the roads? Just saying, no wonder everyone is overweight, all the time is spent on thinking about food.

Hang in there all of you Jewels of June. We will feel better, be healthier, be skinnier and be over this hump soon.

Neanie

You will be able to enjoy those things again. Just read Tiffykins' posts. I enjoy food now at almost 7 weeks out. You will be fine, I promise. :)

Day 6 myself, the first few days are ROUGH. I consider myself a pretty tough guy, by that was not an easy couple of days. Like everyone said, it will get better. That was the only thing I had to hold onto the first couple of days. I am still not to the stage that I wish I had done this sooner, but I get closer every day! Once I followed everyones advice, things got better-----crystal light, warm drinks, don't worry to much about the 64 oz the first couple of days, gas-x, pain meds, walk, sip, nap,more gas-x, did I mention pain meds.......tongue.gif. Hang in there lady, you will make it. I will be praying for you, I promise!

;)Hi its day 13 for me, the first 4 day I thought I was dying! I was so sick. Came out of surgery with the dry heaves talk about hurt. Stayed one night in hospital was on mushies when I left. Every day really does get better, hang in there. Warm chicken broth really helps. Or warm cream soups!

I just keep thinking how im never goin to be able to enjoy a bbq with friends again... Or go out for pizza and a movie.. It really is depressing. Oh well... This is my life now.

Now your just feeling sorry for yourself! I got this surgery so I COULD eat anything after surgery. There is very little i can't have to eat....just very little of it! I stay away from coconut and carbonation, and thats about it!

Tamz you are not the only one. I dont know who came through this surgery with flying colors, but not I. I just got sleeved on May 17th and didnt leave the hospital until three days later. I could barely move at the hospital or drink anything and if not for the IV tube I would have probably been dehydrated. Somehow the nurses didnt do a good job with my IV's and both my arms were swollen twice their size. I could not drink, eat, sip, or even move. It took me four days before I could really do any walking and I was simply miserable. I had the headaches, the nausea and the gas was the worse. I'm telling you all this because I know your tired of hearing it but it does get better. I only have gas now when I eat too fast. I am able to sleep and really have no nausea. I told myself I would not complain and really had to repeat it several times. I also wrote in my journal I wouldnt be so negative regarding the whole procedure. I wrote all my negative feelings down and promised myself I would not mention them again until 30 days. My 30 day check in is June 17th and I have to say I am feeling so much better. Your doing just fine. This was a huge decision and you made the right choice.

So my sleeve was Thursday, yesterday (Sunday) was my first day home .. and I am feeling regretful about my decision to do this :( I hate that i feel that way but I do. This is hard :( I have cried several times since I have been home for not even 24 hrs yet. Its not even the fact that im hungry or want food.. because I really dont have the hunger for it at all. But i am sick of sipping, and not knowing if im sipping enough ... If I put my water/juice/crystal light in a big cup to keep it next to me while im resting.. then I cannot gage how much im drinking. Yet, if I pour it in the 2oz cups.. I have to get up every 1/2 hour and it hurts the wound from where my dr had the leaking tube in :( It is sore swollen and hurts and I cant tell if that means its leaking or something. He has already removed it so im assuming if it was leaking out i would see it on the bandage but dont know if it could be leaking inside.

I cant tell if im dehydrated.. a few times i have gotten really hot but its gone away... my hand/arm is still swollen where the IV was hooked up... and im paranoid about getting enough walking to make sure I dont get blood clots. I cant get comfortable enough to sleep in the recliner for more than an hour at a time.. and when I do sleep I wake up with a headache because its not comfortable on my neck. Even when I do sleep I am worried that I need to wake up frequently TO FREAKIN SIP. I am sick of bubbles, and pain that i dont even know is gas pain or not... but my stomach is hurting and i feel like i always need to be by a bathroom incase its not just "gas".

I am just hating this........ I am mad at myself that I could not have enough motivation to just work out and eat right and now I am in pain and miserable :( I know that today is only the 4th day after surgery but I am feeling like the wound should not be hurting this much.

I am so sorry for the venting.. really I am.. I am just having a hard time :(

I enjoy bbqs MORE now because I eat all the good stuff (the smoked meat) and maybe a bit of this or that and I'm satisfied. Then I get to enjoy my family and friends. I don't eat to gorge myself ( like i used to) and then spend the rest of the time uncomfortable.

Yes. For me the first few weeks sucked. You need to totally relearn how to eat. I feel so much better about myself now though, so I know it was all worth it.

Hey Tamz, the first two days in the hospital were the worst. I had to take warm showers just to calm myself. I was ready to break out of the hospital in the gown and just walk home. My primary Doctor came by and signed me out because the hospital was sooo annoying that my blodd pressure was climbing very high. While in the hospital I had the same thougts "what the Hell did I do?" then I made deals with god to please relieve the discomfort I was feeling. Then the next day I when to the bathroom farted and pooped and life was good again. Don't get me wrong I'm only 14 days out from surgery, but I'm feeling Sooo much better. I have dropped 29 lbs so far, pretty happy about that. I had my first real food today, blended cream of musroom Soup. I wanted to eat all of the Soup but started to feel the discomfort about half way in. But at least it wasn't broth. I also found that sugar free tropical popsicles are food from the gods. I eat them 3 at a time and they just cool my insides and make me feel better.

Hang in there and think about how Hot your going to be at the end of this thing.

This will pass!!!!!!

Honestly, the first week is awful. IN a few weeks, you will be able to enjoy food with your friends, you will be able to drink and eat and you won't have to worry about measuring everything. The drain location wll hurt for another week or so. It takes time for your insides to deal with the bruising and swelling.

Seriously, this will get better.

I cried every day for about 2 weeks after. Keep coming back to he forum for support - we have all been through it and we know what it feels like.

Take care of yourself and know that THIS WILL GET BETTER. It will. You may want to try a B12 sublingual - it will boost your energy and may lift your mood a little.

i should not have read this thread the night before i get sleeved.

Yes it is difficult in the begining and we all have been through it but it does pass! Before you know it you'll be up and moving around with no problems and once you start eating solids again everything really comes together! I am enjoying life SO MUCH now with my sleeve! WAY more then before because I'm not always hungry or thinking about what others think at a BBQ when they see my plate full nor am I'm feeling crappy after eating so much food that I can't enjoy the social time with my friends!!

It will pass and you will be happy again!

i should not have read this thread the night before i get sleeved.

The message here is GOOD NEWS... don't forget that!

Thanks so much for posting about your feelings, and for everyone who has responded. I really needed to hear this today. My surgery was on Wed. June 8. Yesterday, Sunday, was really lousy. I missed eating; I wanted to taste something and feel something in my mouth. Then I started having diarrhea, and that progressed to that point it was explosive & I was not even making it to the bathroom and I ran out of underwear and the dog was in my way and I just felt like screaming and crying and throwing a fit!!!! I felt like a huge failure. I finally was able to get my meds. down (I hate splitting them into quarters, takes forever to get them down) and at 8:00 I'd had enough and went to bed.

Today I still feel emotional and weepy. But the diarrhea is gone, thank God. Stomach is still a little rumbly. I think I am a little dehydrated, as i feel weak and can't concentrate on anything. So I"m trying to keep the Water & crystal light going; had a Protein drink and I felt a little better after that too. I have my post-op check up tomorrow morning. I know I will make it through. But I'm so relieved to hear that I"m not the only one thinking "what in the world have I done????"

Thanks!

Hey Tamz,

we had surgery on the same day. Interestingly, it was about day 3/4 that I also had the same feelings of regret. Why did I do this? Could I really not just have made it on my own? What if I'm feeling awful and I still don't lose the weight? Will I ever be able to drink like a regular person again? If its this hard to drink, how am I EVER going to eat?? But...I got out of my hotel room and started walking. The walking not only helped to relieve a little bit of that awful gassy, bloated feeling but it helped to get me out of my own head. What's done is done and I really believe I made the righ decision and I think you did too. Its brand new! our body is an amazing thing. And instead of putting it down for not jumping right back into action, I think we should be applauding it for what we've put it through for so many years in overeating, and then shocking the crap out of it by cutting out some of our anatomy! Your body will heal and we will get better. Feel free to inbox me any time to compare notes since we got it done on the same day. your story doesn't sound too different from mine. I still have the diahrreah but I'm not letting it bother me. I'm just accepting it as part of the process. I know it will pass. Good luck to you girl. Glad you're spirits are looking up. Just stay on track, things will get better and better.