Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feeling of regret.. :( :(

I just keep thinking how im never goin to be able to enjoy a bbq with friends again... Or go out for pizza and a movie.. It really is depressing. Oh well... This is my life now.

OH YES YOU WILL !!! Just wait! You'll be able to enjoy yourself just as normal, only in smaller amounts! I enjoy my alcohol, my pizza, spaghetti, etc. . only in small amounts. . but i sure do enjoy them!

I just keep thinking how im never goin to be able to enjoy a bbq with friends again... Or go out for pizza and a movie.. It really is depressing. Oh well... This is my life now.

You WILL be able to enjoy that bbq with friends and eat pizza again! I am 7 1/2 months out and about one pound over my goal. I eat what I want. I had a slice of pizza last night for dinner and have been to several pool parties/bbq's over the past couple weeks. Sure, I don't eat "much", but I eat what I want. I enjoy what I eat and stop when I am full and the food no longer appeals to me. I am not missing out. Most of the time I focus on getting my Protein and stick to a "lower" carb diet, but I don't hesitate to eat what I want a couple times a week or on special occasions. I am still successful and you will be, too!!!

i should not have read this thread the night before i get sleeved.

Lol! Right?! I get my sleeve the day after tomorrow and this thread is kind of scary!

Lol! Right?! I get my sleeve the day after tomorrow and this thread is kind of scary!

I think it is good to know that is IS a tough recovery- but all the answers said it gets better every day- and it does! I think we kind of forget this is major surgery- and also a completely new stomach- it takes a while, and learning new behaviors.

I am five weeks out- still learning- and I can say I LOVE my sleeve. I am almost at 40 pounds and that blows my mind! I feel good- I do two hours of exercise a day, and though eating is still a total learning process I know this is a short time in a long life.

I think everyone feels like this off and on during the first week or two. I remember thinking what have I done even before I got home! I kept a tiny two ounce cup and a bottle of what I was drinking near me at all times. You will be able to enjoy a BBQ with friend and pizza and movie you'll just be happy eating one piece of pizza and maybe a leg and wing of chicken once you are fully healed and you will be fully satisfied with the smaller amounts.

i haven't had my sleeve surgery yet, but I've had 3 surgeries throughout my life. For me, day 3 is ALWAYS THE WORST! Being tired, drugged up on pain meds (which cause me to get into a funk), and hurting from the surgery hits me EVERY TIME ON DAY 3. After that day, I start perking up. With some surgeries, that perking has been slow. And I know that with the sleeve surgery, I will be going through a major mourning period because I love food.

Day 4 may be your "bad day". Just remember that you've been put to sleep (which make some people feel yucky for days), your body is going through major changes, and so is your mind. Like someone else said, think about the weight you're gonna lose. For me, I'll be thinking about Christmas pictures, which we take every year and this past year, I wouldn't have any taken of me with my family. Think of something that you have not been doing because of your weight and how you'll be able to do it soon!

Good luck. You're in my prayers!

So my sleeve was Thursday, yesterday (Sunday) was my first day home .. and I am feeling regretful about my decision to do this :( I hate that i feel that way but I do. This is hard :( I have cried several times since I have been home for not even 24 hrs yet. Its not even the fact that im hungry or want food.. because I really dont have the hunger for it at all. But i am sick of sipping, and not knowing if im sipping enough ... If I put my water/juice/crystal light in a big cup to keep it next to me while im resting.. then I cannot gage how much im drinking. Yet, if I pour it in the 2oz cups.. I have to get up every 1/2 hour and it hurts the wound from where my dr had the leaking tube in :( It is sore swollen and hurts and I cant tell if that means its leaking or something. He has already removed it so im assuming if it was leaking out i would see it on the bandage but dont know if it could be leaking inside.

I cant tell if im dehydrated.. a few times i have gotten really hot but its gone away... my hand/arm is still swollen where the IV was hooked up... and im paranoid about getting enough walking to make sure I dont get blood clots. I cant get comfortable enough to sleep in the recliner for more than an hour at a time.. and when I do sleep I wake up with a headache because its not comfortable on my neck. Even when I do sleep I am worried that I need to wake up frequently TO FREAKIN SIP. I am sick of bubbles, and pain that i dont even know is gas pain or not... but my stomach is hurting and i feel like i always need to be by a bathroom incase its not just "gas".

I am just hating this........ I am mad at myself that I could not have enough motivation to just work out and eat right and now I am in pain and miserable :( I know that today is only the 4th day after surgery but I am feeling like the wound should not be hurting this much.

I am so sorry for the venting.. really I am.. I am just having a hard time :(