Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Which side is your port on?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which side is your port on?

• The right side, and I like it just fine.
    • The left side, and I like it just fine.
    • The right, but I wish it was the left.
    • The left, but I wish it was the right.

There is no option for me. My port is pretty much right in the middle... maybe 1/4" or so to the right side, if that much. It's about 2" below my bra.

Mine is on the left side, just below my rib cage. I was told there wasn't any other option. It will be interesting, since that's the side I carry my 2 yr old on, when needed. I'm short waisted, being only 5 ft tall, so I have had a bit of discomfort. I was just banded on July 5th, so good luck to you!

My port is on my right side, just under my ribcage. I didn't have an option as to where I wanted it, but it does bother me at times, especially when I'm turning over in my bed at night. Other than that, I have no major complaints about it. It is easily accessed during my fills. Thank GOD for that!!!!:)

I have no idea where my port is...

Doc told me it would be just below the bra line, slightly on the left...

but he also explained that the incision ends up being a little larger than the others so as to anchor it REALLY securely. But the incision there is just a tiny poke mark...and I can't feel it. *shrug* I guess I'll find it eventually.

Canadasunshine, where is your largest scar? I have 4 short cuts, then one 2.5 inch cut where my port is. My port is located on my left side, just under my rib cage.

Canadasunshine, where is your largest scar? I have 4 short cuts, then one 2.5 inch cut where my port is. My port is located on my left side, just under my rib cage.

My large incision is right in the middle of my belly, just above the belly button.

Am I correct to assume that this is my port site?

I wonder what made him change the placement...*shrug* crazy doctors...

The largest incision is your port incision. It is so large because of the work they have to do to anchor it in. Not sure why he told you it was where it wasnt.

I've only read one page, but am I really the only one with it in the middle. Right above my belly button. It's funny though, I don't think the port has shifted, but it seems like it was closer to my belly button right after surgery.

Neither left or right for me. Mine is exactly in the middle...just under my bra line (like Wheetsin's). About 4" below my bra line.

I love it there.

Slightly above and to the right of my belly button. It hurt really bad for maybe 3 weeks after surgery, but I can't even feel it anymore (not even on my back) and the Dr sometimes has to poke me more than once when I get fills. A trade-off? Works for me.