Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Star Jones....leaving "the view"

I still think she isn't very "easy on the eyes"...........the surgery did nothing for that big ass head of hers.

Glad I'm not the only one that thinks her head is HUGE!!! I began to wonder if my head would look huge on my body after I lost the weight. SCARY!

I'd love to see Gale. She's awesome. Down to earth, in your face. Not pretentious in the least.

I also agree about Elizabeth. I think the benefit to the View was that they did have differing opinions, and it's nice to get a wide range. But Elizabeth....she has no opinion. Just a closed mind. Just my two cents.

I really doubt that Gale King goes to the View, because she is in charge of Oprah's XM Channel, which starts in September as well as editor of O Magazine.

The more likely replacement for Star is Deborah Roberts, who is an ABC journalist and known for her level head and humor. And her name has been tossed around more since the XM deal announcement.

As for Elizabeth, I am surprised at the thread comments. Joy and Barbara are equally closed minded on the liberal side. Before Elizabeth was added, there wasn't a Republican or conservative view. She is not as vocal as Joy, partially because of her age at the table; partially because she is reserved and classy; and partially because why get into a fight with these women? It all comes down to choosing battles. I've seen Elizabeth go to bat against the women on an issue she feels strongly about. I have never seen Elizabeth display racist behavior, and if she had I doubt ABC or Barbara Walters would have her at the table.

I remember the close friendship of Henry Fonda and James Stewart -- a strong liberal and a strong conservative. Each respected their right to have opposing opinions. They avoided talking politics when together, but they would support each other's right for their opinion to others who would put their friend down.

That is the respect we need to see at the table and among all women.

Glad I'm not the only one that thinks her head is HUGE!!! I began to wonder if my head would look huge on my body after I lost the weight. SCARY!

But it is that big head that makes her a good subject for magazines, TV and film. When casting children for film or modeling, they always look for big heads.

Tom Cruise is a good example. His head is bigger than his body. :biggrin1: AND in more ways than one!!!:biggrin1:

Well shoot, my daughter should do wel in her modelling career then. I swear it was like delivering a watermelon with a baby attached! LOL

I agree that her face seems very large and flat since she lost the weight. I have noticed this on other weight loss patients. At first I thought it was an issue of just knowing the person when they were heavy (by sight) and then the huge difference after losing. But then I met some people who had the same look, and al of them have had GB. I never new them before when they were heavy.

I guess you can lose a fat butt, but you can't lose a fat head. LOL

I guess you can lose a fat butt, but you can't lose a fat head. LOL

hahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! I guess I'm screwed then cause I have a flat butt already and a fat head.

Well here is my 2 cents....

I am not a HUGE fan of Star, but I think she had every right to do what she did. Barbara Walters is no fan of mine and I think it is plum shitty to get rid of Star.

What did she do to warrant that? Lost weight? And ... so what?

Got free stuff for her wedding? SO? I would have done the same.

I LOVE Elizabeth, probably because we share the same views. I hate Joy, like Meredith, can not freakin stand Rosie.

I think the mix they had was good, and I seriously doubt I will watch the show again.

I personally think Barbara needs to retire. She is the one that comes off to me the most like her shit don't stink.

Apparently this is a much bigger deal than I personally think it should be, because it's on every news station....sigh.

One idea I heard is that Rosie required the departure of Star. I guess it makes sense that Rosie and Star would not sit around the same table.

I would have done exactly what Star did...leave on my own terms. What difference did two days make? If you said that she could say anything she wished on Thursday, why did saying it on Tuesday make a difference?

As far as Elizabeth being racist...as a woman of color, I can read between the lines. She has made insensitive comments, she is close minded, and she seems to be a puppet with very few original thoughts.

As for Elizabeth, I am surprised at the thread comments. Joy and Barbara are equally closed minded on the liberal side. Before Elizabeth was added, there wasn't a Republican or conservative view. She is not as vocal as Joy, partially because of her age at the table; partially because she is reserved and classy; and partially because why get into a fight with these women? It all comes down to choosing battles. I've seen Elizabeth go to bat against the women on an issue she feels strongly about. I have never seen Elizabeth display racist behavior, and if she had I doubt ABC or Barbara Walters would have her at the table.

That is the respect we need to see at the table and among all women.

Here, here!!! I agree.

I'm not a huge View fan, mostly because I have young children and if the TV's on, it's on Playhouse Disney, or Nickelodeon...:tired

Somehow, some way, by some odd alignment of the stars? I like Rosie. :) I'm pretty conservative, but she cracks me up! I totally disagree with her point of view on many issues, but she's well-spoken and passionate. I can't see her and Star at the same table, so I'm glad Star is headed out into "soon-to-be-not-so-famous-land".

It's always better when Babs is on. It's funny to see the others hold it in and defer to Ms Walters. It's also funny when they get in a winger and make Babs squirm!

Anyhow...I'll be watching as best I can. At the very least, it will be interesting!

LOL just my 2 cents....

I have not watched The View since Lisa Ling left. (that was here name right?) I was highly annoyed when they gave the seat to Elizabeth. I find interesting that the role they were looking for was a young republican, I know that Rachel from the Real World was also a Republican and Latino, and would have enjoyed more diversity on the show. I think we as Americans should have a more diverse set of people to watch and learn from, since we are a diverse country. I was never really fond of Star or Joy, lol fire them all and start over!!!!

I will be estatic if Rosie joins!!! I love her, and miss not watching her show. If I had a dream cast it would be......Rosie O Donnel, Whoppie, Jillian Barbarie, Margret Chow, Melissa (from girls behaving badly) hmmmmm... I am noticing a theme, all comics LOL welllll I would like it!!!!

I agree... her(Star) head is huge...LOL that is so bad to say!!!!

Meow,

That would be quite the ass kicking cast.

I would definately watch it then. Especially Margaret Cho and Whoopie.

This is a big deal in the media because those in the entertainment industry have been waiting and waiting for this day to come to Star. She is one of the most disliked, hated even, people in Hollywood.

I never liked her and refuse to watch her. I have heard so many stories from people who were ill treated by her. SHe is NOT a nice person.

Look at what E! online says, it's tyupical of how she treated people. And she has been known to have "the little people " fired if they did not please her.:

http://www.eonline.com/Gossip/Awful/Daily2006/060630.html

That is just one person's opinion, I am not sure you can believe everything you read. I have met Star and she is very gracious.

I had a friend once that lost a ton of weight. Her son cracked me up when he said she looked like an orange stuck on a toothpick! I sure hope I don't look all big headed when I lose all my weight!