Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Band Crew!!!!!

:confused: The banding went well, but I am in a horrible amount of pain. Which I was told is not normal for a band paitent. SO WHY ME???

It has been 2 days and I haven't ate anything yet. I have tried, but I am just not interested at all. I know that is bad bad bad.

Any tips on pain management??

:help:

Hello everyone!! I'm being banded on Monday, August 7th and I am SO excited!!!! I have been waiting for this day and I just can't wait to start loosing this weight so I can be healthy. I think the best thing will be able to shop in regular clothing stores! Good luck to everyone!! Is anyone else going to Dr. Carter in Arlington?

I meant to mention to you all that I am typically a very nervous patient, and though I controlled my anxiety better yesterday than I have in the past, my heartrate gave me away -- it was 120 both before and after surgery. My BP was fine, though, so the medical staff was not concerned.

I am having some mild-moderate pain around the port site inciscion. I, like RLittman, have 5 incisions -- thought I had four but found another one today when I took my shower -- btw, I feel better after that shower!

I have even done some work today -- mostly answering e-mails and making phone calls, but I figure that's pretty good for day 2. I'm told to expect day 3 to be potentially the most painful, but if it doesn't get much worse that this, I'll consider it pretty easy.

As for food, I'm mainly drinking Water, some crystal lite, a bit of juice, broth, some Jello and some low-carb slim fast. I have experienced a bit of hunger, but not too much yet.

Boo Boo Kitty -- where are you hurting? Gas, inside, incision site? I'm taking the pain med they gave me along with gas-x and my pain is manageable. I would call the dr. and let him know. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Good luck to all and I'll try to update over the next few days.

Maybe I'll even figure out how to get my ticker going!

Jessica

Does anyone have a swollen belly after band placement? I look like I am five months pregnant!

I am on Rx pain med (liquid Lortab) but didn't really need it today. I am also taking Gas X strips to keep belching. If it is painful again I will just take the liquid Tylenol that I have.

Please add me to the list of August Bandsters if you haven't yet. I will be banded (band over bypass) on 8/10 by Dr. Ortiz.< /div>

Hi Terry,

Welcome to the August Banders! I am being banded the 9th, so will see you in a week.

Hey there. OK--I know I am going to sound a bit morbid--but did anyone leave or tell someone what you wanted done(as in funeral services) JUST IN CASE something happens when you have the surgery? My DH is going with me to TJ, but I am also leaving a "note" and sort of video for my kids incase I happen to die from lap-band. I know it's the safest thing out there, but there is still a risk. I started having an anxiety attack the other night, but just put it out of my mind---I told my eldest son what was going to happen and he started crying. (told him just about the band not the death thing) You know--do you take things like that as a sign--or just as a scared kid's worries? The thought of leaving my kids is horrifying--but the thought of not being able to do things with my kids is almost as horrifying. OKAY--I know I sound crazy-I just re-read my post and even I think I'm going a bit too far.ANYWAYS---any August banders have thoughts on the subject--or you can just tell me I'm psycho!!:eek:

I'm pacing the halls of my house-got to get up at 5:00 am.

See you all on the band side!!!

love to all and thank you

Hey there. OK--I know I am going to sound a bit morbid--but did anyone leave or tell someone what you wanted done(as in funeral services) JUST IN CASE something happens when you have the surgery? My DH is going with me to TJ, but I am also leaving a "note" and sort of video for my kids incase I happen to die from lap-band. I know it's the safest thing out there, but there is still a risk. I started having an anxiety attack the other night, but just put it out of my mind---I told my eldest son what was going to happen and he started crying. (told him just about the band not the death thing) You know--do you take things like that as a sign--or just as a scared kid's worries? The thought of leaving my kids is horrifying--but the thought of not being able to do things with my kids is almost as horrifying. OKAY--I know I sound crazy-I just re-read my post and even I think I'm going a bit too far.ANYWAYS---any August banders have thoughts on the subject--or you can just tell me I'm psycho!!:eek:

Trizzy,

I haven't worried about the surgery but yes I have voiced some of the same concerns about my plane ride. My husband and I never fly without my daughter in case of a plane carash but I couldn't bring myself to take her to TJ with us. I guess I'm psycho with you because I have anxiety about leaving my daughter.

Hi all. Hope everyone's well. I haven't been on , just been healing etc., resting, and eating and drinking incredibly mindfully - its about time! Thanks lapBand.

I can't update / fix my signature from here (my mother's house and her Mac as opposed to my PC), but I'll do the best I can in this post:

Pre-surgery weight: 235

Weight am of surgery after a clear liquid fast for one day before: 231.4

Surgery Date: 8/1/06 (two days ago!)

Haven't weight myself yet and I won't until next Tuesday or Wednesday...not going to become obsessed as I have in my long ago past when I was actually anorexic twice before. WHAT CRAZINESS.

Ciao!

OK--I know I am going to sound a bit morbid--but did anyone leave or tell someone what you wanted done(as in funeral services) JUST IN CASE something happens when you have the surgery?

You are not psycho at all! I have discussed my wishes with my husband and parents in depth and everyone knows that if something happens and they don't carry out my wishes I will be back for sure to haunt them all! :eek:

I think if death doesn't cross all or our minds at some point in time, we are in denial of the risks involved with the surgery (no matter how "minor" it is) and need to go back to step one and learn more about the band.

I encourage everyone to make their wishes known (preferably on paper) before your surgery so you/your loved ones don't end up in a court battle like Terri Schiavo and her family. At the very least I think we all need to go into this with a Living Will, and preferably a Living Will and a Health Care Power of Attorney.

Anyway, I think I actually got a little off the subject as the post was more about funeral arragements, but I though everything fit together nicely.

Good Luck to All!!!

Two weeks before my lapband surgery, I managed to visit my mother, brother in law, and mother in law, and all my close friends just to let them know about the procedure, that I loved them and how much they mean to me. My husband knows what arrangements I want in case of my passing. At the pre-op area, I must have told my husband that I love him about 100 times. I had never been under general anesthesia before so it was wild to see the mask coming toward me and then what felt like a minute later, opening up my eyes in the recovery room. No sore throat, just a little hoarse afterwards that was gone by that evening. My procedure was at 9:00 am. I left the surgery center around noon with a little bit of gas pain and mid back pain, but by that afternoon I was as right as rain. In other words, things went smoothly. It has now been 48 hours since the band placement and I feel good except that I feel about 5 months pregnant with my swollen belly, and my stomach area is sore as if someone kicked me real hard. You will do fine, keep positive thoughts, and you will be on your way to a new life. :clap2:

Re:Is Trizzy psycho?

NO- your not crazy everyone has feelings of "what if?" It dosen't matter if its lapband or dental surgery its a bit scary. But we all need to remember that this IS a very safe surgery with very low complications rate.We will all do great and be able to enjoy all the benefits of the desicion we have chosen to make our lives healthier.I can't wait to be able to be active with my kids and keep up with them,wich is very hard with this extra weight on now. Sure, we need to have are affairs in order, thats just the smart thing to do.But for me to have this surgery done will be the start of my new life, not the loss of this one.Stay positive!....and btw Trizzy.... I don't know if you got my old post that I'm getting my band on Aug.24th-the day before you-so I will be keeping an eye out for you!!!

Thanks for all of the advice, I am feeling better. I called my surgeon and got another RX for pain. I was able to sleep through the night. I think that made a huge difference.

I ate a tiny bit of cottage cheese, I know I need to eat a bit more. I am trying! :phanvan

weightloss.png

I believe it's a good idea to have things in order, too. I fillled out a living will and medical power of attorney and had it notorized. If anyone else wants to do it, you can do a search online and pull up the forms. You don't have to visit a lawyer to do it.

My dh and I leave tomorrow morning for Mexico, my surgery is Monday, and I'm experiencing panic attacks. I don't get it. I'm not afraid of flying. I'm not afraid of surgery. Yet, nerves are really getting to me. Where is this coming from, and is anyone else experiencing this?

I have a living will and a regualr will all ready to go. It just makes me feel better knowing if something happens that my wish's are known. The Terry Schivo thing flipped me out. Day three of liquids and I think I would sell my soul for a bag of Doritos!!